Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4A] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

http://ja.twitch.tv/godsgarden

Kazunoko running a train with Yu on ranked matches. The Yu oki game is really solid and Kazunoko is maximizing damage back into repeated corner oki setups. It's kind of flow chart right now but really effective. lol

http://ja.twitch.tv/godsgarden

Kazunoko running a train with Yu on ranked matches. The Yu oki game is really solid and Kazunoko is maximizing damage back into repeated corner oki setups. It's kind of flow chart right now but really effective. lol

Just finished watching the upload on YouTube (Shoutouts to Jourdal, also the link is in the video thread), Kaz is the smartest Yu player I've seen so far, and utilizes Yu's Oki game almost flawlessly; it's downright scary. Looks like I've found the Narukami player to copy/paste when I get my copy of the game.

Going to watch the stream archive to see more of this.

agreed, this guy is topnotch

great execution, mixups, and hitconfirms. also, i'm seeing combos i've never even seen before

cuz hes motherfucking inoue, nigga's godlike at pretty much every game he plays

SBO runner up in GG, bodied SBO AE for free....top 32 in AE 2012 at evo. There's no way he wouldn't be good at a game like this. Granted he was fighting randoms online,however someone wrote in a blog post that they went to a tournament he was at and he won pretty convincingly.

Oh, I'm aware of his accomplishments, I'm glad we've got someone of his caliber playing Yu, makes things much more interesting to watch. Also, why do I always miss Dora chats? I missed the BB is Krillin, P4U is Goku chat.

Only thing he wasn't doing all the time was knockdown combos in the corner, which I feel like might be a better idea when you can.

What combo use after :

Throw corner :

Throw corner counter :

AOA~D FC corner :

AOA~D FC middle :

How to do easely 214D 3hits OMC 214B ?? It's difficult

Thanks for help

So I have a question, if anyone can answer it.

Why isn't 2C used more in ground confirms near the corner? It launches, and you can combo into Raging Lion afterwards to add more damage. I don't imagine it's proration is bad either, since it's used in corner combos and stuff.

Any reason? Or have people just not experimented with it yet?

So I have a question, if anyone can answer it.

Why isn't 2C used more in ground confirms near the corner? It launches, and you can combo into Raging Lion afterwards to add more damage. I don't imagine it's proration is bad either, since it's used in corner combos and stuff.

Any reason? Or have people just not experimented with it yet?

I believe 2C only combos off a crouching hit (and probly counter hit on something) so that's why you don't see it used every time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Just tested a bit of Yu 2C on the corner. It can be picked up by 5A and 5B so far and it can be followed up by Raging Lion A and B version as well from 2C, so someone might do some good combo on the corner in the future. Oh and it worked on standing opponent as well. Then again I'm testing it against Yu as my dummy so yeah..

As for corner carry, I haven't experiment much but since 2C can be dash cancelled I'm sure you can do some good damage too as well.

It does work on standing opponents, yeah. 5C > 2C combos anywhere on the screen.

Scratch, can you see if you can dash cancel midscreen and connect with 5B or 214C for me?

It does work on standing opponents, yeah. 5C > 2C combos anywhere on the screen.

Scratch, can you see if you can dash cancel midscreen and connect with 5B or 214C for me?

5C cant combo into 2C unless its a counter hit.

For your second question, since Yu 2C blows the opponent away really far you cant dash cancel into 5B (on midscreen anyways). Think of Jin 6C on Extend. The only possible followup after that 2C midscreen is to use C version Zio or SB Zio.

EDIT: Seems like you can follow up with Ziodyne C version as well. D version doesn't work

As for near corner and corner, yeah Yu can Dash Cancel into 5B and 214C as well

...Huh, that combo makes me found out that if Yu 2C on an airborne opponent in the corner, the 2C will blow the opponent on the OTHER side of the screen.

For example:

*in corner* 2C>DC>5C>2C

The 2C will blow the opponent to the other side of the screen lol :vbang:

I believe 2C only combos off a crouching hit (and probly counter hit on something) so that's why you don't see it used every time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I've seen in Brett's training sessions, it seems to combos well on crouching opponents but that's only in the corner. Mid-screen, they will get sent pretty far to the point you can't follow up with anything else but Zio (which is a stretch) or C Ziodyne. in the corner, you can follow up with a bit more and if you [FC] 2C the opponent in the corner; have fun.

I've been experimenting with combos that end with dive kick for oki, the combos are pretty short and deal like 200-300 less damage but you get knockdown.

What combo use after :

Throw corner : C+D 2A 5C 2C 214B j.2A

Throw corner counter : Same as above

AOA~D FC corner : A+B mash D 5B 5C 2C 214B j.2A

AOA~D FC middle : Just do C version...j.B (2) j.BB JC j.B (2) j.C 214B

How to do easely 214D 3hits OMC 214B ?? It's difficult

I like to 'plink' the B button for it.

Thanks for help

I'm pretty sure there are better combos out there but yeah, waiting to see what you guys have.

The pros & cons for Yu, taken from Brokentier's simple character guide for Persona 4 Arena.

Yu "the Hero" Narukami

Pros:

+ Long range normals, great for spacing and pressure at medium range.

+ Excellent oki and mixup utilizing his Persona.

+ Capable of high damage combos

Cons:

- Not the greatest at long range/full screen.

Goal:

Stay at medium range until you land a hit, then cause a knockdown and then mixup with Persona attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3bZuUZup1g

Yu in this video sticks to the knockdown + Persona oki tactic, forcing the Labrys to take damage just to escape the situation.

High level players to look out for:

Kasumi LOVE

Source: http://www.brokentier.com/blogs/news/6324820-persona-4-arena-simple-character-guide

when i block a DP as yu what is the optimal punish with no meter/with 50 meter. i dont even know if you get a CH off a punished dp with most of the cast.

when i block a DP as yu what is the optimal punish with no meter/with 50 meter. i dont even know if you get a CH off a punished dp with most of the cast.

Right now, I'm doing 236D (FC) dash 5C 2B(2) 5B 5C 214D. This does about 2.9k. If you have Awakening you should do 236D (FC) dash B+D 214214D 2B 5B 5C air combo probably.