Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Critique And Self-Improvement Thread

General Points

• 0:19-0:23 & other times - Commit to your Orgia Boosts since starting and stopping consumes a lot more than one long burst.
  • 0:30 - After the D Megido you didn't have a lot of Orgia meter left. Try and keep an eye on this and use A Mode Change instead of trying to extend the combo (assuming that's what you were doing with 5B).
  • 1:25 - I think you can just jump to avoid the Teddie Circus. At any rate, doing Goddess Shield to avoid it is a gross misuse of meter.
  • 1:34 - Why did you decide to Mode Change while in paralysis here...?
  • 1:38 - Not sure whether it's because you were on netplay or because you can't do it, but you should try and go for the Radical Cannon relaunch instead of 5B after SB Megido.
  • 2:14/2:41 - D Megido > Radical Cannon doesn't work. Are you inputting something wrong here?
  • 2:45 - Should have tried to get out of Orgia Mode here since you ended up overheating.

Try and be more aggressive while in Orgia Mode. It doesn't last forever and it's really something that can give you the upper hand, so if you Mode Change make it count. Work your way in, apply pressure and make your opponents fear her insane Orgia Mode mix-up.

You should also work on getting more comfortable with moving while in Orgia Mode too since you didn't seem too confident and were often just walking backwards or standing completely still. Don't forget that moving around will consume the most Orgia meter out of all her other actions too, so keep an eye out for her meter.

Lastly, grind out your combos until you can do all of them in your sleep. Again, I'm not sure if netplay is to blame for some of the mistakes, but if you know it wasn't then head over to training mode.

About D Megido>Radical Cannon= sometimes I don't look at my meter. Seriously. Sometimes I literally guess. Its a bad habit. Also that match was after about twenty or so, so I was kinda out of it anyway.

But yeah the Orgia mode movement throws me off, probably be best to go to knockdown or combo into so I don't have to chase. Usually having to chase makes you too predictable.

If you're not used to looking at the meter you can, instead, ALWAYS input 236C+D. If you have meter, it'll do the SB Megido. If you don't, itll do D megido because D has higher button priority than C. I did this until I got used to checking my meter.

Here is my Aigis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpH9H3YZF6o

Uhh, sorry about the video being too bright. This is my first video that I uploaded to youtube and on mobile phone. Not to mention not trying to move my hands too much. :toot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEk36hVm8kI

Better quality, but I talked at the beginning of the vid. :toot:

Need to watch the video before I upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf62Hfw8Kv0&feature=channel&list=UL

I'm not too experienced of an Aigis player but I'll try my best to help critique. I probably learned more from the videos then you will probably from me.

currentlemon, I have a bit of a hard time making out what is happening in your first video...it was really bright and I had a hell of a time looking at your meter usage. From what I seen I like your Aigis so far. It'll be much easier to critique and find holes though if you posted some matches where you loss but that's beside the point. I'll tell you my mind whether it is right or wrong.

:ballAI:

First Video

• 0:20 - It looked as if you could've followed that j.A with something...dunno if it will connect but it is always worth following up with j.B, j.2B afterwards if it connects. Winning with an air attack could lead to a smooth mode change or a good oki situation afterwards.
  • 0:24 - Dunno if you meant it or not but that was either a very good read or too early of a burst. You got off with 100 meter with that max burst though and it worked well for you.
  • 2:17 - I don't agree with the B+D after the Megido. You just lost a good oki situation after it and he was pretty much one mix-up from dying. From what I saw, you also had half full Orgia meter after which is way more than enough. All you need to worry about the super but you just gave him a chance to reassess the situation from a full screen away by ending that way.

Second Video

• 0:39 and 0:46 - I think you could've followed up that IAD j.C. I was trying this out in training, I dunno how height strict it is but after an air j.C, you could follow it up with [land, sj.A, j.B. j.2B, 5AA, 22B, j.C(1), j.236D]. This would lead you with Orgia mode and a mix up situation. Try it out and experiment with following that up.
    • 1:13 - This might be a better time for B+D as he was close to death but that almost killed ya there when you missed it. Might be safer to let him drop and make him guess afterward if you're not sure of your timing. I think you timed it a bit late. I think you do it when you hear that explosion from the Megido.
    • 2:06 - You had enough meter to try some tricky stuff like a cross-up j.C, j.236D. Dunno about canceling your Orgia mode.

Again, don't take this as a hundred percent correct. I might be wrong and I'm still learning to play a solid Aigis. Feel free to correct me on some things but those are my thoughts with what I know now. Just trying to keep this thread going. :keke:

For your first ASW game, I wouldn't say you did too badly. You have a lot to work on, but I feel like whatever games you played in the past have helped you a bit here.

I'll start with the positives. Your execution looked pretty good to me and you seemed to have no trouble pulling off the double Megido combos or landing her cross-up j.Cs after a knockdown. The Yu seemed to be mashing his DP every time you where about to go into Orgia Mode pressure/mix-up so I can't comment on that, but you at least appear to have Aigis' general strategy down (using her zoning tools in Normal Mode and then switching to Orgia Mode for rushing down). However,you'll definitely need to drop a few bad habits and adjust to the system mechanics of this game to improve.

For example, I noticed you were trying to jump out of Yu's pressure a lot and getting punished for doing so. In P4A, you can't block for 5 frames after you jump which means chicken blocking isn't a viable option. Also, you tended to use B Mode Change (22B) to go into Orgia Mode after a blocked pressure 5AA which isn't as good a way to do so as using A Mode Change (22A) since it has less recovery and doesn't leave you in the air to be hit by someone's air unblockable moves (in this case, Yu's Big Gamble got you quite often). You did use A Change on some occasions after a blocked 2B though, so I'm not sure if this was just a bad hit confirm.

Besides that, I think you just need to work on the basic mechanics and get more comfortable with the game; movement, blocking etc. Your opponent scored a lot of random hits on you for seemingly no reason (no green/blue exclamation marks or counter hit) and it's things like that that'll cost you games. You were blocking a lot of Yu's stuff for some parts of the match, but it looked like you were choosing the wrong times to launch a counter attack so maybe you just need to become more familiar with the match-up but you know better than I do how you were feeling and why you made the decisions you did.

Thanks for the help HexaNoid. I kept trying to jump when I thought there was a hole in Narukami's pressure, which isn't a good option anyways.

Yaaay finally got some vids to work with.

I'm gonna get some Johns out of the way first though: I was playing in a really distracting/casual environment so my decision making wasn't the best. I random DP'd and super a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtNyKMJ_reU&feature=g-user-u

0:40 - That was supposed to be a cross up air turn j.C

5:04 - I don't suppose that even works due to hitstun huh lol, now that I think about it i should've done D Spear to C spear

5:06 - j.B'd too early and it didn't come out

5:50 - Sweep to A Change, ugh really bad habit I need to get rid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc8Iyd1P26o&feature=g-user-u

Here I just get destroyed haha

0:25 I could have easily 2B'd here to take a stock off of Izanagi and changed momentum here =(

0:30 I reacted too slowly and ended up rolling into the corner instead of out =( then I screwed up IAD air turn jC

0:58 - should have just did boost megido here then mode changed

General Things I know I need to work on:

Execution

Hitconfirming:

-It's a bad habit for me to do 5AA all the time, even on air born opponents and 5AA usually whiffs =(

-Same thing above except with 5B > 2AB but 2AB whiffs completely, i'm thinking 5B > 2B > Confirm instead? If blocked 5C after to make space?

If someone blocks a sweep, what kind of things do you guys usually do after?

I find my options are: block, cancel to 2D, SB Orgia Change if I really don't want to give up momentum but it's just something i've only been thinking about recently

A few basic things I noticed:

- when you are applying orgia mixup/blockstring, don't get too greedy. If the first few hits are blocked, you could either 22A or possibly crossup for a shorter combo. The worst thing you can do is dp on block for the mode change. Once meter is low getting a hit won't matter anyway if you don't have enough reserve for a combo.

- in normal mode when you knockdown with a sweep - instead of another sweep, you can 22A/B or reset pressure

- 22B as orgia exit will sabotage you

- in a normal mode combo after safe jump b, you have a couple of options. You can activate orgia or if you want to stay close instead of 5c ender, you can j.b j.2b for knockdown.

I don't have the insight most people on here do, but those are the few things I saw.