Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Q&A/FAQ Thread

I'm a little confused on the knockdown option 22B, Orgia Mode Dash, airturn, j. C, 236CD. I'm having trouble landing that j. C after the airturn. Any advice on landing that? Or is it just a matter of how i do the orgia boost?

So, what's a good neutral-ish thing to do? I'm fond of doing 2B > 5D > 22A, but I feel like that's kind of lame and impotent - just a moderately safe way to Orgia.

This isn't a bad thing to do, but just be aware of characters who can punish your 2B/5D depending on the range you do it (e.g. Elizabeth, Yosuke with 25 SP etc.). Also, it might be an idea to try doing 2B > 5D > Approach (dashing, airdash j.C etc.) in Normal Mode and see if you can get in a Mode Change combo since you don't really wanna be wasting your Orgia Meter just getting close to your opponents sometimes.

I'm a little confused on the knockdown option 22B, Orgia Mode Dash, airturn, j. C, 236CD. I'm having trouble landing that j. C after the airturn. Any advice on landing that? Or is it just a matter of how i do the orgia boost?

It's usually a matter of the height you're at when you do the airturn j.C; if you're too low, you won't cross them up. Try doing 22A > jump > Orgia Boost > Airturn~j.C > SB Megido instead since 22B doesn't put you high enough in the air. You can also try messing around with 22B > Orgia Boost j.B/j.C to mix things up and catch people expecting the cross-up.

so i have this problem when im in orgia mode and i deactivate before i overheat the orgia meter still turns grey is this because im waiting to long to deactivate it or is something else going on?

Did you use 22b to deactivate? If so, that puts you in a half-drained state. You want to use 22A to deactivate if you can.

Did you use 22b to deactivate? If so, that puts you in a half-drained state. You want to use 22A to deactivate if you can.

Ok thx I'll do that from now on

I've seen 214CD mentioned, is that invincible or something? Not sure why that's worth the meter.

Does 214x2+D have the same great recovery as the C version?

214CD throws out a lot more missiles and you'll recover faster than the normal Pandoras making it a lot easier to boost in and pressure the opponent before all the missiles disappear. I'm not sure if they have a slight tracking property though, sometimes it seems like it does lol. 99% sure it doesnt have invincibility, definitely not while the missiles are active. Either way I'm not a fan of the move since I'd rather save SP for other things.

I haven't found any frame data for spear yet (seems the same to me though, can't say the same about it's invincibility though)

Does anyone know if you can chicken block with Orgia boost? Or does that first-8f-can't-block thing still apply like for a jump? I'd test this myself but I'm not home right now lol

Does anyone know if you can chicken block with Orgia boost? Or does that first-8f-can't-block thing still apply like for a jump? I'd test this myself but I'm not home right now lol

You can't. In fact, Orgia Boost counts as an attack so if you tried to chicken block with it your opponent would get a counter hit.

Is training quirky, or does she not have a single air-unblockable? =(

Training isn't being quirky unfortunately; Aigis has no AUB moves.

Technically she does have one. 2B without bullets is AUB (still doesn't make it good).

Does anyone else feel like 2A's range is way too short? I try using it in block strings and get CH because 2A whiffs even when i'm close enough for 5A. I can't really use it much in Orgia mode because 2A whiffs if not done off of the safe jump.

I've been trying Orgia boosting in off of 5A jc into air turn jB. That shit crosses up pretty fast and let's you continue pressure on block. It seems difficult to DP and most whiff when done to early.

EDIT: Using 8 to 5A jc makes the cross up not cross up. Using 9 makes it cross up.

Edit2: Upon further testing on everybody, I realized this doesn't work on the slim characters. 5A>jc(9)>66>A+C>jC>5B crosses up everybody and works on everyone. 5A>jc(8)>66>A+C>jB>5A fakes the cross up and only works on the fatter characters like Kanji, Teddy, Yu, TITsuru(You literally knee her in the tits lol), Chie, Laby, Akihiko.

5A>jc(9)>66>A+C>jB>5A will cross up and 5A will only connect on Yu, Chie, Kanji and Mitsuru. Not being able to dash 5A makes this not work on everyone.

This cross up is even harder to block than on wake up and have the option of continuing pressure on block.

What can you get after a IAD crossup j.C?

5B in Normal Mode, D/SB Megido in Orgia Mode.

Also, what are Aigis' best options when you're getting pressured hard? I'm using quick escape. but there's gotta be something else...

Quick Escape, Furious Action or reversal super (C Shield/C Spear). They all have their uses in different situations, so there's no "best option" per se. Try and get a feel for your opponents habits and figure out what'll work best.

I'm a bit lost when people wise up to 2B and start jumping in with block. Air throw's a bit weak on risk/reward so I tend to try and catch them in the air and force some blocks into a ground string. Any suggestions?

Hello i have a FAQ question general

1. I am playing aigis i do not know this game what are my most general bread and butter combos and how do i initiate them typically

2. What are my pokes, i know i make gunfire and then go into orgia mode, that seems obvious but what do i do otherwise besides run away and shoot bullet

3. Basically tell me how to play aigis, i am a p4a babby :(

What do you guys think about using her Orgia Mode trajectory as a jump in.

Like 8 > 6 > j.B gives her a psuedo dive kick.

And the air turn cross up j.C's in Orgia are super quick. Like MvC2 tri-dashes. 96 A+C, j.C [land] 5B > j.C > Stuff is too good.

Then you have the option to not cross up and hit them with j.B/j.C and go from there... Aigis is da bes

On a different note, when I confirm an Orgia combo from Sweep after a simple 5a, 5B, confirm, I've noticed I have trouble connecting the j.B after the 236CD > 214A. Is there a proration problem or do you just have to time the grenade /really/ late?

3. Basically tell me how to play aigis, i am a p4a babby :(

This is basically what I asked on the general thread, I know there are top players, but I dont think it is a good idea to say "watch this jp player". Because if you don't know the basics, how can you understand the advanced stuff they are doing?

On a different note, when I confirm an Orgia combo from Sweep after a simple 5a, 5B, confirm, I've noticed I have trouble connecting the j.B after the 236CD > 214A. Is there a proration problem or do you just have to time the grenade /really/ late?

It's a proration problem. You want to just do j.C>D megido after the 214A.

It's a proration problem. You want to just do j.C>D megido after the 214A.

Sounds good. Thanks for the help Coma.

See you at Coin-Up tonight :D

Can you OM back dash as a reversal? Since the game doesn't let you back dash reversal normally.

Edit: Checking because OM dash may count as a special, and it'd be a big boost to her defense.