Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Only in the pre-SBO videos (I got premium and a ticket so I've watched them a few times already) and restreamed it once for others.

Hayashi is the only Yosuke to make it into SBO btw

Sorry about that dude, been busy and all that jazz. I was down in a wonderful little place which had no internet so yeah :vbang:

I'll get on it after I wake up tomorrow morning, i'm knackered.

There's a coule of other things you can get to work on to help out around here too, Chaz. I'll tell you about it on Skype tomorrow.

Thanks for that! Although I hate to be the nitpicker as well, it would appear the hit-box links are broken atm.

Shtkn is doing hitboxes. I already submitted the hitbox lists to him. Just got to wait for him to make the pages for them.

Edit: Up now.

Shtkn is doing hitboxes. I already submitted the hitbox lists to him. Just got to wait for him to make the pages for them.

Edit: Up now.

Aha, didn't know that. Thank you very much again, and I apologize for pointing fingers when none were needed.

Add on j.2C/D that on counterhit it launches the opponent allowing a relaunch combo followup

Opps forgot that. Added. Thanks.

How do I play Yosuke? It seems throwing kunais everywhere and mashing A just isn't enough.

Startin' with the small questions eh? Yosuke is one of the more difficult characters in this game to play in my opinion. He doesn't get massive damage off any random hit, *coughAigiscough* his pressure is good, but not godlike *coughAkihikocough* his pokes aren't the longest *coughMitsurucough* and his zoning game is situational *coughElizabethcough*. However, the main way you win with Yosuke is simple: confuse the hell out of your opponent.

Your oppoent should never know where you are coming from, and what you'll be hitting them with. You can easily be superjumped back in the air and in the next split second be in front of their face hitting them in the toe with 2A. If you're falling right onto an opponent, make them scared by faking your j.2C and then moonsaulting back, landing on the ground to start pressure again. Go into Sukukaja and full screen grab. Train the opponent that your main pressure string is 2A 5AA 2A 5A 5B, and then start putting in Tentarafoos in there. Harass full screen with your godlike persona moves. Run around like a madman. Which brings us to movement.

Movement is your biggest strength, so use it. The only time you should be relatively still is while being pressured or doing a combo (and even his combos move him around a fair bit). Make your opponents frustrated. If you're against an Akihiko or Kanji, make them make mistakes getting in by using constant kunai and punishing their slower moves. If you against Naoto or Yukiko, don't even give them room to breathe by using resets and constant pressure. If you're against Mitsuru or Yu, keep hanging out above them baiting out a DP from them and then teleport to the ground with j.2C+D and punish with a fatal 2C. It isn't as easy to kill someone in 2 combos for Yosuke, unlike Chie or Mitsuru or Aigis or Akihiko can, but with patience you can easily whittle them down until the point that they just don't know what to do, and easily finish them off. The name of the game is options, and with so many of them you keep your opponent guessing until they look back at the screen and realize they're dead.

Would you compare Yosuke to Chipp?

And what is the ideal ender for a combo to set up pressure after wards?

To be completely honest (and don't hate me for this please!) I never played GG. I hear the comparison coming up a lot, and with Yosuke having Chipp's colors as DLC, it wouldn't suprise me if the playstyles were similar. If Chipp was very mixup heavy, then Yosuke's probably an analagous character. I've also heard Chipp could be quite technical, and I think the most technical part of Yosuke is getting down smooth movement and learning how to confirm your random hits. You get some hits that send people either far away from you or in weird directions sometimes, so using your speed to catch them before they hit the ground is imperative if you want to keep stacking on DMG.

As far as oki goes, his normal combo ender is his air kunai, which allows them to tech in the air and come down swinging - far from ideal. The three main moves you will be using to get some form of oki are sweep, j.2C and Garudyne. Sweep can be cancelled into 5D, allowing for some sick sandwhich setups with your persona, so if you start a combo with a 2A or you're at a weird range, going into sweep 5D isn't a bad option to try and get good pressure for a more damaging combo in. With j.2C you don't have quite enough time to get out a 5D safely, but you're standing right over their body and are in prime position to mix them up somehow with all your tools. Garudyne is good because you can carry them from almost anywhere on the screen to the corner (if you're even in the corner you can go underneath them and trade places), and start corner pressure. Just make sure to land before they do with your super, otherwise you can be punished even though you hit them and knocked them down (a bit silly, but you get used to it).

snip

i think that yosuke its very comparable to chipp, in that both of them rely on mixups, their speed and movement options to force the opponents to play their (chipp/yosuke) game, and neither of them have great damage output on their combos

of course there are many differences due their normals and specials, but both of them usually have the same approach on the matches

also i think that yosuke has better stamina when compared to chipp who is very fragile, but chipp has better normals overall imo :P

Added a ton of combos to Yosuke's wiki page. Going to go through his install and fc 2c routes tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch Kurushii, i'll add those to the combo thread later on.

I've fully updated the video thread. Furthermore, although us folks in Europe may not be getting it any time soon, we have a good few playable copies floating around over here and I am fortunate enough to be have easy access to one or two, so I'll still be able to add some stuff/help out when the game is released in America.

also i think that yosuke has better stamina when compared to chipp who is very fragile, but chipp has better normals overall imo :P

Not sure how health was handled in the GG series, but 8300 is still pretty close to bottom (7500 is Liz) when it comes to hp. As for normals, I have noticed that the extended hitboxes on his kunai have not saved me from akihiko's fists when they run into eachother. Either Aki's fists are godlike, or his A moves don't reach quite as far as you would expect.

Not sure how health was handled in the GG series, but 8300 is still pretty close to bottom (7500 is Liz) when it comes to hp. As for normals, I have noticed that the extended hitboxes on his kunai have not saved me from akihiko's fists when they run into eachother. Either Aki's fists are godlike, or his A moves don't reach quite as far as you would expect.

chipp is the lowest, he has the worst defense modifiers on the game

another thing that i forgot to mention is that until now i feel that chipp has better ways to get that knock down with his bnbs

Sounds like they are pretty similar then. A few differences here and there, but the overall playstyle idea is rooted in the same idea of speed and mixups. I may be biased as well, but I also feel that Yosuke has more swag >.>