Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

Eddie vs. Jam

need some tips vs jam. its hard to keep here away and even harder to handle her when she's close and i keep eating silly 6h->hit/throw mixups. (there is no jam thread in the matchup sub forums so i'm posting here)

Against 6H -> throw stuff you can try to FD jump out, but if you do, make sure you immediately IAD down and away or just come down with j.K since you shouldn't hang around in the air too long. Jam has great AAs against Eddie in j.S, 5Sf, and possibly 2H, which lead to combos or tech -> mindgames. If you want to poke out of that, use 2P(-2P) or 5P-2P since it is leads to free knockdown on hit (2D) and summon on block (5H-236K). Also remember to delay your UBs by ~5 frames due to Jam's slower get-up animation from the ground. Tbh I don't really have much experience against competent Jams, I've only played a couple for short periods of time. Look up the recent FRXI vids of Flash vs Latif if you want to see Latif's approach to fighting this matchup.

Against 6H -> throw stuff you can try to FD jump out, but if you do, make sure you immediately IAD down and away or just come down with j.K since you shouldn't hang around in the air too long. Jam has great AAs against Eddie in j.S, 5Sf, and possibly 2H, which lead to combos or tech -> mindgames. If you want to poke out of that, use 2P(-2P) or 5P-2P since it is leads to free knockdown on hit (2D) and summon on block (5H-236K).

i already know that coming to jam from the air is a very bad idea :vbang:

since you opened a thread- i also know to use drill unblockables rather than the normal ones cuz of her safe charged 623k->236k. and that eddie's sweep makes the 623k whiff so its great on wakeup vs her.

and i think the close drill is a great counter to all the puffballs, including the FB (either you win or it trades but she can't do anything after it).

ill try jumping away like you said. maybe it will take the match to the next level.

also what attack does eddie have that beats her 2s?

Jam can FB puffball through the drills. It may or may not trade, but the trade will be heavily in Jam's favor because jam will get hit.. Eddie will get a wall stick and Jam will indeed come in for a combo, mix up if she does not make it in time for the combo. Just use your range to your advantage.

Jam can FB puffball through the drills. It may or may not trade, but the trade will be heavily in Jam's favor because jam will get hit.. Eddie will get a wall stick and Jam will indeed come in for a combo, mix up if she does not make it in time for the combo.

Just use your range to your advantage.

i have never been comboed after that trade. eddie falls before jam even gets up.

and she cannot puffball through the s drill. she can't move eddie backwards so she stops her movement right on the drill every time.

and the s drill beats regular puffball. it trades only with the FB one, and that makes her waste 25% tension so it's not a bad trade imo. better than being scared to move.