Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

Yeah, you could probably buffer the command grab during the super flash since charge times are really short. I'll test that when I go play tomorrow.

You can, it's actually required in one of the trials I believe.

Messed with S.Lab a bit. A lot of her hitboxes are smaller than they look.

To keep get awakening super from activating you need to keep making the persona do stuff.

Mmm... On what attacks were you thinking? Looking at the hitboxes now, she's actually got really big hitboxes on everything but her her j.A, 2A and sweep.

What? On her 5A most of the axe has no hitbox. I didn't say they were small, I said they were smaller than they appear.

What? On her 5A most of the axe has no hitbox. I didn't say they were small, I said they were smaller than they appear.

It's the entire head of the axe:

la20002.png

That seems pretty accurate as to how it would appear to me.

Her attacks always cover the entire head of the axe.

Oh wow, is everyone's hitbox info out already? Would be interesting to see the boxes on her other moves too.

They are, but we've got to clean them up first. A lot of Shabby's hitboxes are out of order, or are separated from her Persona, so that's all got to be fixed first.

Hmm...Circ showed me a hitbox of one of her A moves that was pretty terrible. J.B also feels smaller than I thought it would be. It might just be because I was playing as Narukami and dear god his hitboxes are beautiful.

I guess her jB just covers a wide range and isn't exactly long? I could imagine Yu's jB beating hers since it extends pretty far (or at least it looks that way). And then of course 2B I would expect that would just eat her jB too.

Was just a tournament yesterday, noticed both Lab's and S.Lab's j.B was clashing or straight up beating most other air options. I even saw it clash with a Mitsuru's and Yu's 2Bs.

Looks like Shadow Labrys has 0 air-tight block strings.

Quoted from Kurushii : We just tested. Slaby has no solid blockstring without persona. Everything is gaps. #P4U

The whole blockstring issue is so stupid lol.

Why would they do that?

She would have infinite blockstrings if there was no escape. Using her Persona she would be able to preform an endless blockstring after she gets the life lead to kill time. The only escape would be to Counter Assault.

The only one that is a bit overkill is 2AxN, but I'm sure that's an exception.

She would have infinite blockstrings if there was no escape. Using her Persona she would be able to preform an endless blockstring after she gets the life lead to kill time. The only escape would be to Counter Assault.

If every one of her gatlings were air-tight, then I could agree with you.... but I don't think he meant that every single gatling should be air-tight. Just a simple 5AA would be fine.

If every one of her gatlings were air-tight, then I could agree with you.... but I don't think he meant that every single gatling should be air-tight. Just a simple 5AA would be fine.

Read line two. >_>

Sorry. I gotcha.

Nah, it's cool.

On the subject of j.B, it doesn't reach out very far, but it covers a lot of the area around her (Completely in front of her and the bottom of her). It makes for a really good jump-in and air-to-air normal.

Edit:

I don't want all her blockstrings to safe. I guess what im asking is does she have one move that is +1 or even 0 on block?

Well it can't be that bad if there 3 Shadow labrys in SBO.

Watching Japanese players gave me the impression that S.Lab is really hard to use and controlling her Persona is difficult, but after playing, she is pretty easy to play overall (execution wise), and I'm surprised at the lack of extended persona combos they go for given how easy they are to setup. I'm looking forward to actually getting to try training mode, I got a lot of things running through my head already for her.

I'm pretty sure how most of the difficulty with her comes from getting to the point where you aren't constantly being persona broken. Most of what makes S.Lab scary seems to disappear the second Asterios goes poof.

Getting Persona broken is a problem. 8C is a good way to keep asterios safe and keep your opponent honest, even though when I was playing, 90% of the time people were not even able to recognize when I was doing the move, so they just got hit anyways. Otherwise it's just a matter of using guard while hanging back and doing good rushdown, so they focus on you more than the Persona. Elizabeth is pretty good at breaking asterios, but she is also painfully succeptable to 8C if she is focusing too much on your persona.

Persona 4 will be my first fighting game that is not Capcom. So can someone explain what her not having air tight block strings really means?

Does mean she will have a harder time hit confirming? Or she has to use her Persona to make her offense safe? Or what..