Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Video Thread

Chazmobile (Yosuke) vs Kiba (Elizabeth) part 1/3

Chazmobile (Yosuke) vs Kiba (Elizabeth) part 2/3

Chazmobile (Yosuke) vs Kiba (Elizabeth) part 3/3

This is both our second day of actually having time to sit down with this game properly, so don't expect much. On a side note, Elizabeth is weird to fight.

Both of those videos are before Yosuke got patched correct? He does much less damage when you do any of those combos through my experience in training mode.

Both of those videos are before Yosuke got patched correct? He does much less damage when you do any of those combos through my experience in training mode.

No, after he got patched, it was my second day of playing this game properly so I didn't really know much.

Yosuke's damage in general is usually rather low seeing as it mostly starts off A hitconfirms>stuff>Dash Spring A>C Kunai which is an incredibly weak ender. When he gets the chance to land Dash Spring B his damage is actually pretty decent midscreen. I have started using 5aa a lot more in combos/blockstrings and that adds a bit of damage too.

Why you using C Kunai? Every combo path ive played around with the D Kunai ender gets more kunais to hit cause of it's more far angle.

Why you using C Kunai? Every combo path ive played around with the D Kunai ender gets more kunais to hit cause of it's more far angle.

Oh, awesome, i'll start using that from now on. I always thought it didn't work.

Thanks dude.

Np, the only time I use C is if im zoning against a Kanji and im alternating my kunai throws, or use as oki in corner.

Wait.. it absolutely must be before the patch, I do the exact same combos with lesser damage. Hell his grab alone does 505 now where in the video it does 810..

Am I missing something?

There are 2 things I know of offhand that make C kunai (probably) worth the little bit of lost damage:

1, you can confirm with 2a, 5b into your 5c, 2c, dash spring, C kunai. Ending with D kunai here doesn't combo :(

and 2, and I think the more important one to his overall gameplay, is the position you're left in afterward. After landing the combo, ending with C kunai, if they tech away or neutral in the air, you get what I've seen someone around here call kind of like 'air oki'. You can dash up and 2b them as they are coming down, since when you dash over there, they should be at a little above head height. Alternatively there's the FA option if they come down swinging. And then on top of those, you can actually have just enough time to run under them after ending with C kunai. D kunai puts you too far away and has too much recovery to make use of any of these options as far as I can tell. Last example is them air teching toward you, if they do that, then you simply get a good deal more time to re-adjust what you're doing as they come down. With D kunai in this situation, I feel like if you start dashing across the stage expecting back/neutral/up/no air tech, and they decide to do a forward tech, you can't get back in time to do anything about it, again giving up the options I mentioned.

It's nothing incredible by any means, but it's something, and I think well worth the small potential loss in damage.

Edit: I just looked and it was Chaz who called it 'air oki' in another topic, haha.

Edit2: Added disclaimer; obviously these examples are assuming the opponent doesn't use any air mobility options (doublejump, airdash) after air teching, but the point remains that you have a lot more time to chase them down and continue pressure or deal with what they're doing by ending with C kunai. And also this only really applies to grounded combo enders without meter; you'll want or need to use D kunai to even have them connect in some (most?) air combos, and D kunai have their own uses outside of combos.

That video is absolutely amazing, BatousaiJ. Excellent coverage of a lot of Yosuke's useful tricks and setups, I learned a lot more from it than I expected.

One thing that should be pointed out though, is that the setups for unblockable 2Bs only work if the opponent techs the correct way(s), and it's probably good to make note of that in the video. For example on the sweep to dash spring reset, upward tech means you're going to get the timing wrong if you expected a neutral tech, and they'll come down on your head, and teching toward you seems to get them out for free unless you read that specific option, though unless they have the presence to air turn immediately afterward, they won't pose much of a threat to you after that I think. Same sort of thing with the j.D setups. Definitely strong, but also worth noting they can be escaped with good air teching decisions.

And in the event you ever happen to do a part 2 or anything, a trick that may be worth noting is that after a moonsault, you can cancel to j.2C, and then cancel that into moonsault again, which allows you to do two moonsaults in the same direction, which is normally not possible. Seems like a great way to mix up a retreat after blocked dash springs or to help getting distance from certain characters, etc.

Anyway, like I said, great work on the video, really appreciate it

P4A: Yosuke Hanamura Exhibition Vol 1.

I never thought 5DD would has those uses, is very useful indeed, and the video in general it's pretty awesome, it's time to practice :D

That video is absolutely amazing, BatousaiJ. Excellent coverage of a lot of Yosuke's useful tricks and setups, I learned a lot more from it than I expected.

One thing that should be pointed out though, is that the setups for unblockable 2Bs only work if the opponent techs the correct way(s), and it's probably good to make note of that in the video. For example on the sweep to dash spring reset, upward tech means you're going to get the timing wrong if you expected a neutral tech, and they'll come down on your head, and teching toward you seems to get them out for free unless you read that specific option, though unless they have the presence to air turn immediately afterward, they won't pose much of a threat to you after that I think. Same sort of thing with the j.D setups. Definitely strong, but also worth noting they can be escaped with good air teching decisions.

And in the event you ever happen to do a part 2 or anything, a trick that may be worth noting is that after a moonsault, you can cancel to j.2C, and then cancel that into moonsault again, which allows you to do two moonsaults in the same direction, which is normally not possible. Seems like a great way to mix up a retreat after blocked dash springs or to help getting distance from certain characters, etc.

Anyway, like I said, great work on the video, really appreciate it

Thanks.

Ya I thought about going even more in-depth about other possible outcomes like late techs but if I didn't want to go overboard on one setup since I had a lot of things to cover.

I'll probably go with even more advanced tech and setups for the next video to ramp things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaPxsNVCVQM&feature=plcp - Jiyuna (Yu) vs mo-co-39 (Yosuke) 1/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJIOlE_RTc&feature=plcp - Jiyuna (Yu) vs mo-co-39 (Yosuke) 2/2

Watch these matches, great Yosuke in here.

Some good LOLs in there :D

PD: looks that it's true that Moonsault has a little amount of invincivility frames at the beginning