Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Combo & Gameplay Discussion Thread

You get unblockables with a fully charged Maziodyne and OMC. it's awesome

Precisely :)

its just another absurdly stupid thing about Akihiko :D

I wouldn't call it absurdly stupid. Awakening + 100 meter + lvl 3 cyclone + opponent has to be at extremely low health = pretty neat and barely practical.

Not to mention that Hook is a bad starter and you can still get counter-assault'd. I also can't think of any nice combos after that confirm.

B hook is a bad starter, but the unblockable has worse proration. You can barely get an air combo out of it, I can almost guarantee that you won't scratch 2k without an omb or meter, and I'm talking regular damage, not awakening. That's why the opponent's health has to be extremely low for it to be rewarding in any way considering you spent 100 sp to pull it off.

One unblockable B hook leads to more unblockable B hooks. But yeah I would never spend that much SP on anything besides a match ender.

-5b > 236a+b => 6d => b+d > 5b > j.b > 5aa > 2a+b > 236a => 6b {4.3k}

I can't get this combo to connect at all, except in the corner. it isn't listed as corner, so I just wanna be sure I'm not doing something wrong. it drops after b+d I can't get the 5b to hit, either too far or mistimed.

-5b > 236a+b => 6d => b+d > 5b > j.b > 5aa > 2a+b > 236a => 6b {4.3k}

I can't get this combo to connect at all, except in the corner. it isn't listed as corner, so I just wanna be sure I'm not doing something wrong. it drops after b+d I can't get the 5b to hit, either too far or mistimed.

Microdash the 5b.

Is there some trick to doing 2B > j.B loops? I can never seem to get another 2B after j.B even on 5B FC.

Firstly, it's impossible unless it's from a FC, second, you delay the j.b until the apex of your jump.

Hay Akihiko community. What's the best combo I can get off lvl 1 CH Corkscrew starter? Not expecting much.

I usually don't leave many holes, but for killrush pressure, if I feel a jump, I'll just end with the traditional a hook > sweep.

A Hook > Sweep is probably the safest way to call out chicken blocking but a delayed A Hook or B Hook is definitely better in terms of damage, but is harder to confirm and is also susceptible to mashing. Another common place people like to jump during KR pressure is after Duck to avoid his Throw/AoA/Short Hop mix up. In this situation Duck > 2B is pretty good if you're positive your opponent will jump, otherwise it's pretty bad because there's 15F gap between Duck and 2B.

Thanks guys. This is really helpful, I've had a large problem with people just randomly jumping out of pressure and pressing buttons. Do you guys by any chance have any setups that include force teching into AA 2B or anything regarding unblockable B hook? I see Kubo do them occasionally, but I can never replicate them.

Not entirely, since most people I face like to late tech, seems like more of a conditioning thing, like use 2a to make them tech, then air grab them. As soon as they start to get used to it, instead of air grabbing them, you just do run > 2b.

The corner combos is also a good way to make cheap 2b trap, since -[

5aa > 5b > 2b > 2a+b > 236a => 4a => 6c => b+d, 2a+b > 236/214c => 6a

]-makes them tech before they hit the ground, you can sneak a surprise 2b in there, sometimes its a CH since people press buttons. My usual opponents have learned to just hit the ground though. :p

Hey guys I have been wondering about something for a while now...

What is Thunder Fist actually(236236c/d) good for? It feels like really useless super because once your opponent strikes you in any way it goes away. That's counting bursts,guard cancel attacks, DP's or any of their other moves. It doesn't add damage either though it makes you induce stun status on hit or block. Though it doesn't feel like it adds extra hit or blockstun, they are only limited from walking,dashing and jumping for a (very) short while without you hitting them again. I geuss it keeps your opponent from jumping out of your blockstrings? I never had a problem with a blocking opponent before though, the hardest part is actually catching them from a neutral situation at some distance and this super doesn't really help with that imo. I geuss you could use it as a very flashy substitute for an OMC, to make a DP safe or something. Or maybe like how ragna can use his blood kain activation as a sort of reversal when being pressured?

Thunder Fist C is good for combos, you can link combos into Thunder Fist C and continue the combo, adds paralysis, which is good for the types of characters who rely heavily on foot movement and jumping, it's also good for making his DP safe, if you cancel the first hit into Thunder Fist C, then you have an instant blockstring.

The only thing I can think that Thunder Fist D is for is it's very miniscule invul, but then you'll be using your DP for that anyway, the invul isn't long enough to go through some moves, and the super is so long, they end up recovering and wrecking your shit anyway. Idk, I had pretty bad outcomes using Thunder Fist D early on, so I haven't used it in forever.

Thunder Fists also cures Akihiko from Shock, which is awesome in the Kanji MU.

Everyone should start doing kill rush omb combos.

They hit 3k easy, 4-5k with meter.

There's the 5aa one in the OP, but I learned that you can do a very high damage variation replacing 5aa with j.b > 5b. Kill everyone before awakening, plus j.b is easier to land and confirm (throw baits).