Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Combo & Gameplay Discussion Thread

It aint even that bad after I've grinded it for an hour. I got the planetary titleholder's word on it and apparently the good japanese akihikos do go for it.

The biggest breakthrough is in figuring out how late you can do the 4as and get away with it. Once you've done that, you won't get that nasty accidental crossup problem anymore.

I didn't think I'd ever complain about powerful moves carrying me forward, but here I am, huh

Oh interesting, guess I really will actually grind it out later today lol. So I'm guessing it's actually one of his more optimal Fatal combos then. At least, the rewards would be good if you can manage doing it?

i've been trying to do 5b > 236a+b => 6d => b+d > [5b > j.b] x2 > j.a > 2b > sj.b > j.214a but i am having trouble getting a second rep of 5b into j.B

Yeah. For anything with the 5B/2B>j.B hits, you have to delay the j.B slightly. I find those 5B/2B>j.B hits difficult to do without FC, so I personally would not go for it in a match anyway. If you're starting with a 5B, there are more dependable and optimal combos I would go for.

Sorry posted the below in the wrong thread, posting it where it belongs now.

Guys found some tech, pretty scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBkGoIU0c-k

At roughly 3:10, he does a crossup superarmor attack. He didn't even go for the optimal damage combo, which does 5k, or 7.5k if you add 100 tension. That is some nasty shit.

Looking at it, keeping the cyclone gauge from his assault dive by cancelling into a weave, he then did the EX duck into EX boomerang hook, putting them in crumple for the next combo.

Combo I would have done starting with the EX boomerang hook is:

4AB>6C>4B(hold)>4D>Double Upper>5B(1 hit)>JB>(land)5AA>2AB>Kill Rush A>6B(5.1kdmg)>(optional cyclone upper~5.9k)>(optional cyclone upper~7.5k)

Limitations for this is of course you need your boomerang hook to be at lvl 3, doesn't even have to be the EX version to get the crumple. Unblockable B version won't net you this combo though, the combo will drop. Best you can do from the unblockable B is go into a kill rush into corkscrew > as many cyclone uppers as you can.

1 setup from kill rush(blocked):

kill rush> boomerang hook > EX ducking > boomerang hook - this one is a crossup that cant be reacted to. easy almost 5k for 25% tension. Tack on 25% for the EX boomerang hook and you get super armor. Unfortunately, they can AC slide through this.

Overall, nice setup that should really put a lot of fear in your opponents hearts once you put them in kill rush blockstun. 5k from a crossup costing only 25% tension? Yes please.

If you guys have any other setups, do share!

Found out you can combo off random Corkscrew fatal counters if you OMC out of them. Pretty good damage for 50 meter, up to ~6400 if you have 150.

What Level?

Because Level 2 and 3 shouldn't require a OMC on FC.

I was training yesterday with Labrys and it seems 214C will make her j.b whiff.

Edit: Nevermind, definitely doesn't work.

Why aren't people actively looking for MORE combos? are you content with whats here? I have some I found out about I shall list here, but i'm disappointed because there is main tools that haven't even been discussed.

His 5c on counter in the corner. Really? no one uses this for mixup oki? come on.

5c>236a>4a>6d>B+D>Sj.b>214 A 3400

5c>66>5b>j.b>5a>5a>5a>4a>6c>6b 3700

what about 236 d>6a+b? no one does this either? yes you do right? its full screen invincibilty, come on.

236 d>6a+b>5b>j.b>5a>5a>5a>4a>6c>6b>236236 b 4900

I havent seen a single combo mention boomerang hook on counter. Its always 4a+b, or a lvl 2 charge. Ok cool what about countering a jump in with 214 a?

214 a>4a>6c>4a>6c>4b(max charge)>5c>a+b+c>(insert jump loop combo or your choice)

anyways. Sorry that it came out in a rant, but i'm annoyed at how lackluster the online communities skill is.

You can only combo off of a 5C if you get a a counter so I wouldn't say it's something that you should ALWAYS go for in the corner. It's just another one of Akihiko's tools to mix th eopponent up and just because it isn't listed in the thread, doesn't necessarily mean that NOBODY uses it.

EX corkscrew is unsafe on block and should only be used as a punish or read or else you're going to get severely punished.

Boomerang hook in generally is often used after a kill rush as frame traps and yes, i assure you many players use this and you're not the only one.

You're better off using 2B as an AA as it's air unblockable not to mention the ridiculous vertical hitbox on it.

The thread is also under construction so it obviously doesn't have every single one of Akihiko's combos and every single mixup that he has. And you're basing the community's skill based on the number of combos posted in a thread? Wat

ok one 5c is safe if you dash cancel. So as an oki tool its amazing. On counter its 3.7k. Do you see me saying on block genius? no.

2nd of all ex corkscrew is very unsafe on block but ty capn obvious! I said it has invincibility, its SUPPOSED to punish. And no 2b is only ok, if you dont have the timing to counter an anti air that yours problem not mine. Lastly im basing it off hmm idk the 300-400 matches ive played online. I like how you wana attack me for assumptions then make your own. Get out of here

anyways. Sorry that it came out in a rant, but i'm annoyed at how lackluster the online communities skill is.

It's been less than a week since the US release. People most likely haven't had the free time to figure a lot of stuff and post it online yet.

It's been less than a week since the US release. People most likely haven't had the free time to figure a lot of stuff and post it online yet.

Thank you. lol. Was about to say the same thing, but saw you already posted it yay less work

It was more about sharing the combos than my rant. Then this guy comes in to counter my statements when it was never really about them. I get its a new game, but every akihiko i've ever fought resorts to 5a(xn). Theres some really good tools that lead to really amazing dmg I wanted to point out.

Abare combo stuff

Apparently skill these days is now leveled upon how cool your combo is. Better go get MarlinPie.

And yeah, Akihiko has OKAY tools and BEEG damage, but that isnt what you should base every Akihiko on. I can do suboptimal combos like hell, and drop every combo I do, and still get another hit because a lot of people are fucking terrible at neutral game thanks to BB's lack of one until high level play is achieved.

hurr

i mean.. i guess it's okay to try to be helpful or creative

but if you're gonna try to make combos, and pretty much judge a community's skill level by their combo thread.. at least have better combos, retard

only 3700 from 5c ch in corner, when you can get 4250~ meterless (leading to level 3 cyclone with meter)? also, lol at getting 5c ch meaty in corner

two A hooks in one combo? the fuck are you gonna do after that lol, do you know what same move prorate means? and lol at getting a counter hit on parry>hook vs jump in...

go netplay some more

i mean.. i guess it's okay to try to be helpful or creative

but if you're gonna try to make combos, and pretty much judge a community's skill level by their combo thread.. at least have better combos, retard

only 3700 from 5c ch in corner, when you can get 4250~ meterless (leading to level 3 cyclone with meter)? also, lol at getting 5c ch meaty in corner

two A hooks in one combo? the fuck are you gonna do after that lol, do you know what same move prorate means? and lol at getting a counter hit on parry>hook vs jump in...

go netplay some more

I like how you wana quote me to something I didn't say and think your cool. Your nothing bro. And if you actually read what I said, im basing the skill level of the community of my matches, not this thread. Man at this rate i think you don't know how to read at all. Id go back and check my words before you come off full blown retarded.

And heroic legacy. Idc how good your neutral if you catch me and do 1k, and I catch you and do 5k. Its as simple as knowing your guy and hitting training. There's no excuse for sucking it up. I never said how good you are is based off how cool your combo is. Whats coolness have to do with skill? sometimes I swear this community is backwards. Its as if you don't read what your replying too.

See, I dont think YOU know what SMP is. Im aware it decreases your damage rate. What you fail to realize(not surprised, your an idiot) is sometimes you have to smp to achieve a bigger combo pay off. Means to an end. Was that to complex for you? I can simplify it for you. Just ask

hahaha you people. This guy comes in here cussing and making a fool of himself and your going tell me to chill? chill your tits holy anus? who SAYS that. lmao. If you want to respectfully convey your message or points. Do it so. Not with vulgarity, hypocrisy, or idiocy. I came in here with a condescending attitude cause quite frankly most of you suck. If you wana show your calm and collected or complain im not being so, THEN stoop to my level? you have to be retarded. You have to be right?

Look, I get that you're proud of your ability. That's good. It shows confidence.

I even appreciate that you are going to the trouble of posting info to help out the players here.

However, what you have to realize is that acting in such a hostile and abrasive manner is not the way to go about it. I mean, first of all, do you honestly expect others to take you seriously when the first thing you do is blatantly insult them? And then, when people challenge what you say because of that hostility, you immediately return to your assumption that everyone sucks and that you are the only person who has a clue what they are talking about.

Constantly acting like you're better than everyone is a terrible attitude to take when trying to be a part of a community. All the more so when, to be perfectly honest, I doubt very many people even know who you are. Maybe after you get some notoriety in the community, you can put up more of an attitude. But until then, it just makes you seem like an asshole with a superiority complex.

@Zyphur

(Kinda beat me to it kazukifafner lol)

K I'm not sure what's so wrong with saying something like chill your tits. It's just something I say. In what actually relates to the thread, you said to respectfully convey your message, then you proceed to call me retarded? Ok. The combos you posted were fine, and like you said they sort of came out in rant. You came in here with a condescending attitude? Why? Because you think most of us suck? Again, why? You've never played us, the game has been out and all of the technical threads are still completely under construction, and the game has only been out for a week. Posting those combos was fine, but the fact that you did so in a mildly hostile way was just bound to provoke someone. You're being a ginormous hypocrite. I know there was some cussing or whatever, but just act like an adult and respond in a normal manner.

The combos should have been posted in the combo thread, by the way.

EDIT: This is the combo thread, I derped :c

Since this is detracting from the actual thread, I'll post some stuff for combo theory.

Earlier I was playing around in training and noticed that the 5B FC 5C OMB can work midscreen. Obviously there's a lot of stuff that you can do after it, but the 2C 2B works if you do a microdash. Gets pretty good damage regardless of meter, so if you happen to get a 5B FC midscreen and have a burst, you could probably go for it. Though nearly all of Aki's combos net like 4k minimum if you have 50 meter lol.