Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4A] Yu Narukami - Beginner Thread / Q&A

I'm having trouble picking up my opponent after a cross slash when they land behind me, anyone got any timing tips for this?

Advanced input is your friend. Hold the button and it will repeat the input for 5 frames, makes it a lot easier. If you're attack isn't coming out you pressed too early, if they tech before it hits you pressed too late.

Ok I've been trying it out just now, it was a little weird to work with but I'm getting the hang of it slowly. I did not know about Advance inputs before, this is gonna make things interesting for me in the lab.

...jD 5A(Meaty, blocked) 2AA 214A(Hits) 5B jBB j214AB 2B jC j214B 5D

How's this combo work? I'm getting the opponent air teching after the j.214B, I can't seem to get it low enough.

How's this combo work? I'm getting the opponent air teching after the j.214B, I can't seem to get it low enough.

oop, jB(1)B :v

This may be a dumb question but how do I defend against well-timed crossups besides the obvious blocking?

This may be a dumb question but how do I defend against well-timed crossups besides the obvious blocking?

because roll startup is either equal to or smaller than auto block duration, if something will cross you up, you will be able to roll it. However, some setups punish rolls so be careful!

Roll + 5DD on oki is not one of those ;)

Hey everyone, I'm new on the site.

I'm having a little trouble, I keep missing Ziodyne in the following combo. I've gotten it maybe once.

5B > 5C > 214D (OMC) > 214B > dash 5B > j.C > 214B > 2B > 5C > j.B > j.BB > j.B > j.C > j.B+D > Ziodyne

After the furious action, the opponent is always too high up for the Ziodyne to hit.

Also, Yu's 25 challenge is giving me a hard time. I can't seem to get the timing down for the first half of the combo.

Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone, I'm new on the site.

I'm having a little trouble, I keep missing Ziodyne in the following combo. I've gotten it maybe once.

5B > 5C > 214D (OMC) > 214B > dash 5B > j.C > 214B > 2B > 5C > j.B > j.BB > j.B > j.C > j.B+D > Ziodyne

After the furious action, the opponent is always too high up for the Ziodyne to hit.

Also, Yu's 25 challenge is giving me a hard time. I can't seem to get the timing down for the first half of the combo.

Thanks in advance.

For the first combo, I suspect you're cancelling to Ziodyne too early, you don't want to do it immediately. You slightly delay it so Ziodyne hits after they fall a tiny bit after the 2nd hit of j.B+D.

For challenge 25, you're probably not jump cancelling 5B early enough. You want to input it like this:

5D > 2B > 5B (JUMP CANCEL) > input 5DD > jB etc, 5DD will hit as you're in the air allowing you to connect jB.

For the first combo, I suspect you're cancelling to Ziodyne too early, you don't want to do it immediately. You slightly delay it so Ziodyne hits after they fall a tiny bit after the 2nd hit of j.B+D.

For challenge 25, you're probably not jump cancelling 5B early enough. You want to input it like this:

5D > 2B > 5B (JUMP CANCEL) > input 5DD > jB etc, 5DD will hit as you're in the air allowing you to connect jB.

Worked beautifully. Thanks a ton!

I got a question about corner pressure. Well I noticed today when I was playing some matches online that I was pretty much setting my corner oki up the same way I would do a midscreen one but I realized that this oki set up I was using was a little to linear to use. So do most of you guys just suggest getting the sweep in 5D oki in the corner or setting up oki different in the corner?

By linear I mean I pretty much jump in and make them guess high or low (or get blown up by a furious action if I'm not careful) I feel like there's more he could do or is that pretty much the best way to set a mix up in the corner?

I got a question about corner pressure. Well I noticed today when I was playing some matches online that I was pretty much setting my corner oki up the same way I would do a midscreen one but I realized that this oki set up I was using was a little to linear to use. So do most of you guys just suggest getting the sweep in 5D oki in the corner or setting up oki different in the corner?

By linear I mean I pretty much jump in and make them guess high or low (or get blown up by a furious action if I'm not careful) I feel like there's more he could do or is that pretty much the best way to set a mix up in the corner?

sweep 5D is still your best oki option in corner. Yeah you have to do high-low stuff, or you can go for throws/fake-throws. But those are still good, you have a lot of ways to trick the opponent with the number of high hits you do.

low j.A 2A, emtpy jump 2A, j.B(1) jBB(whiff) 2A, low airdash jA (fake empty 2A), fuzzy jA. And you can attempt these at least a second time if they blocked your first attempt by keeping them pinned with 5DD. And you can mix AoA in there anywhere pretty safely if you have OMC to cancel if they blocked.

Corner does open up 2 new mix-up options, although they cost meter. close to ground j.214A+B > 5A link, and after 5DD > j.A/j.B > fuzzy j.C (OMC/OMB).

also throw is a lot more rewarding in corner.

Ah I didn't think of empty jump set ups and such, I wouldn't mind using meter for more mix up options cause all I've pretty much used it for was ziodyne mix ups... But looks like I got to add some throw corner combos to my game also.

Narukami has excellent corner carry combos and his vortex nature adds to this. It's very likely that once you get going with your pressure, you'll end up in the corner, so it is a huge boost to learn some strong, safe corner oki. Basic high/low is important but you should also learn empty jumps, throw/throw-bait setups and maybe even fuzzies. The majority of my oki confirms end up being in the corner, so I would say that making the most of it is a must.

One thing you should remember about doing your sweep<5D in the corner is to not autopilot it!!

Reason I say this is because some characters have wakeup air-unblockable reversals that will hit you out of the air if you mindlessly jump in after using 5D. Which is why you should, every now and then, confirm that izanagi puts them in blocking state before jumping in for a high/low mixup.

But for the characters that don't have that option, go nuts!

If, lets just say a mitsuru has a tendency to bufudyne, you can block until you can confirm that they have been caught by 5D, then just run up start pressure and then go for your jump/empty-jump/fuzzy/etc while 5DD fills the gap. Even without 5DD you can get respectable damage, especially with resources.

If, lets just say a mitsuru has a tendency to bufudyne, you can block until you can confirm that they have been caught by 5D, then just run up start pressure and then go for your jump/empty-jump/fuzzy/etc while 5DD fills the gap. Even without 5DD you can get respectable damage, especially with resources.

????????????

Aren't you forgetting to say good-bye to izanagi as bufudyne obliterates him away??? Not to mention mitsurus will most likely omc bufudyne to gain back pressure, but that's a different story!

If she uses bufudyne and izanagi gets hit then she loses meter and gets punished hard. If she has 100 meter then she can OMC out but she will lose all of that, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

My previous example pressure was going off the situation where she doesn't bufudyne.

ORRRRRRRR you can OS it. the cost of a card is not all that bad. you still can punish her regardless or at least from what i last remember

Could've sworn i covered that in my first post about waiting to let 5D confirm before going in. Anyways, you guys are going off topic now, stahp! if you want to discuss mitsuru things, there's a forum in the MU thread.

My bad, I was just using mitsuru as an example because she commonly uses bufudyne to get out. It's certainly not the only character that can get out in that situation.

Don't suppose I could get some advice here (being one of the new European Narukamis lol)

but is there some sort of trick or specific timing on D slide - OMC - B Raging lion? sometimes I get it but sometimes I don't, just wondering, maybe I'm just doing it a bit slow?

Don't suppose I could get some advice here (being one of the new European Narukamis lol)

but is there some sort of trick or specific timing on D slide - OMC - B Raging lion? sometimes I get it but sometimes I don't, just wondering, maybe I'm just doing it a bit slow?

You just have to do it as fast as possible, you want to OMC immediately after the last hit of 214D/C+D connects. Treat OMC > 214B as one motion, any delay between and it'll whiff. It can be hard to get if you're playing in some lag.

You just have to do it as fast as possible, you want to OMC immediately after the last hit of 214D/C+D connects. Treat OMC > 214B as one motion, any delay between and it'll whiff. It can be hard to get if you're playing in some lag.

even offline its a pain in the ass getting it everytime >.>

I'll keep working on it, don't suppose I could get a recommendable combo to follow this up then?

If you don't feel confident enough about your consistency with OMC > 214B, then instead do OMC > 5B/j.C > j.C (if you use 5B) > 214B > stuff.

OR oki.

If you don't feel confident enough about your consistency with OMC > 214B, then instead do OMC > 5B/j.C > j.C (if you use 5B) > 214B > stuff.

OR oki.

so something along the lines of ...OMC - 5B/j.c = - j.c > 214B - ...sweep? 5D - so on