Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Gameplay Discussion

Lol the formatting is all Kurushii i just filled it in haha. It's good and thorough....like a wiki, which is good since some people still don't know about DL wiki (lol). Working on adding some combos

I hope that everyone uses the formats he provided in the future, for the sake of consistency. That and everything is just so well organized and detailed.

So long as everyone lets me channel GO1 and Die-Chan in peace all is well. How does the data thread look? I've gotten good feed back but if there's anything you guys feel i should elaborate on or clarify let me know ! Thank Jyousa for the move images and the gatling table i was able to use for reference lol.

Sorry Jourdal, but I'ma have to give 0 fucks and use the same palette as you. If they add a sweet purple palette like Jin though... I'll be all over it.

The images look really small sometimes... but otherwise it's fine.

I'm sad that probably nobody will use the wiki except me. :( It's easier to navigate though...

Edited by Jyosua

I use the wiki...i pulled most of the descriptions from the wiki/Uri's old thread (R.I.P old character forums). I called GO1 palette the first time i saw him play you thief :(.

All jokes aside, we were given one combo movie...i made the most of it (and its annotations) and attempted to put all of them in the combo thread. Prepare to hold downback a lot. As for the images getting smaller...i think its a chrome issue :(

As for the images getting smaller...i think its a chrome issue :(

It is, if you look at the thread on Firefox it looks perfectly fine :x I wish I knew why chrome has such an issue though

It is, if you look at the thread on Firefox it looks perfectly fine :x I wish I knew why chrome has such an issue though

I brought it up to Shtkn awhile ago when I used my layouts for Relius section and he didn't know why it did it. I only noticed the problem in chrome.

I brought it up to Shtkn awhile ago when I used my layouts for Relius section and he didn't know why it did it. I only noticed the problem in chrome.

There's nothing html or css-wise that should cause that... I think it's an issue with Chrome.

It's not just Chrome, Safari has issues with the pictures getting bigger and smaller as well.

EDIT: I think I see the issue. If you notice, the more text there is in the description for the move the smaller the image gets.

Edited by Urichinan

I think it's because cell width isn't defined in the bbcode. So those specific browsers don't know the width you want.

Ahhhhh, yeah that's probably it. Wonder if I should submit a report to the bug tracker from chromium.

Big persona fan...LURVE me some mitsuru.....Used to play mvc3 a lot but im moving away from capcom BS. I usually play rush down characters....so a charge character is brand new to me. and how is the transition from Mvc3 to this type of game? anything I should be wary of?

I don't play/plan on playing this character, but I wanted to give you a welcome for some reason. There's a video thread here if you wanted to see how she plays and I'm sure someone else can come along and explain Mitsuru and P4U a lot better.

Or I could use this as an excuse to watch some videos and give you a quick summary. I know she pokes fairly well considering she is fencing so she can control space and go in on her terms I guess? I hope that's an accurate description of her (Jourdal could answer this more confidently). Like I said I never really watched videos cause I want to go into as a completely new game being lost and find out stuff on my own.

But yeah. Welcome to Dustloop!

Edited by Dont_Explain

Big persona fan...LURVE me some mitsuru.....Used to play mvc3 a lot but im moving away from capcom BS. I usually play rush down characters....so a charge character is brand new to me. and how is the transition from Mvc3 to this type of game? anything I should be wary of?

As Uri said before, she might be a charge character, but her gameplan doesn't really revolve around charges. She's a rushdown character at heart. Transition from Marvel to ASW games, huh? I guess you really shouldn't count on random hits being enough to kill a character or mashing c.L in X-Factor mode to do a ToD combo using an incredibly basic BnB lol. The long combos are there and I guess that using Personas is kinda like calling an assist in Marvel, call them at the wrong time and they'll get hurt.

Challenge mode is your friend. Though I like that Mitsuru doesn't solely rely on her charges for combos, but instead uses it to get from A to B. Say for instance, instead of riding her bike to Tarturus she would simply charge there. Think of all the money she would save. I know her persona at the time was her bike, but expenses could be saved somehow!

That aside I do enjoy watching her matches though. Seems like a lot of pokes and then she goes for the kill. Looks fun. Though I doubt I'd ever be a fraction as good with her :P

If it's anything like BB challenge mode...then i would dodge it like the plague :<

@Matamune7

Mitsuru is what i call anime charge....aka she's not really charge haha,since you can buffer the moves among a string of normas. Idk if you played AH3 but Saki is a good example of Anime charge but she has some odd inputs, Mitsuru luckily sticks to the sonic boom/flash kick inputs. I attempted to transcribe the combos from her CMV, she tends to use 2 coups and 1 bufula in a lot of her combos but they're at points in the combo where it seems you'd have a good amount of time to buffer the charge.

Well Challenge Mode is pretty good for beginner players. Nothing wrong with that. Though none of the combos are ever optimal, or efficient in any way. Lambda's challenge 15 combo is the silliest thing ever conceived. Kind of like doing RC > grab > RC > grab.

I do hope they do a better job on P4U's version of Challenge Mode. I always enjoy it.

Well, some of the middleish combos, I think Challenge 4 or 5 does have a high chance of being BnBs a character might use. Like Lambda's air ender. In truth though, it's more or less there to give the player an idea of how combos work, and something to get achievement points off of. As you say, I wouldn't recommend vet's to it though :P

It's useful for combo mechanics but nothing further. You can learn the same things more efficiently using optimal combo threads.

The thing that makes it somewhat different than an optimal thread is that a beginner would need a visual aid. And in some cases, it may be awhile before videos are attached to optimal combos. For instance, it would take them awhile if they don't understand the numbers and letter = combo lingo, provided P4U is one of their first fighting games (since it seems that's what it's aiming to be). So something like Challenge Mode would be ideal for the mechanics of a combo they don't understand.

I'll probably use Challenge Mode to get an idea of what Mitsuru's combos can do, though I've seen enough matches of hers to know it.

Either way, it seems like an exaggerated way of me saying Challenge Mode has it's uses, which feels redundant considering the posts above. I think I'll make some videos of her more efficient combos once I've had time to play around with her a bit. Just need that frame data.

The thing that makes it somewhat different than an optimal thread is that a beginner would need a visual aid. And in some cases, it may be awhile before videos are attached to optimal combos. For instance, it would take them awhile if they don't understand the numbers and letter = combo lingo, provided P4U is one of their first fighting games (since it seems that's what it's aiming to be). So something like Challenge Mode would be ideal for the mechanics of a combo they don't understand.

I'll probably use Challenge Mode to get an idea of what Mitsuru's combos can do, though I've seen enough matches of hers to know it.

Either way, it seems like an exaggerated way of me saying Challenge Mode has it's uses, which feels redundant considering the posts above. I think I'll make some videos of her more efficient combos once I've had time to play around with her a bit. Just need that frame data.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking, but it brings up the point that optimal combos really need to have video clips with them. I'll probably take the time to do that once the game comes out.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking, but it brings up the point that optimal combos really need to have video clips with them. I'll probably take the time to do that once the game comes out.

Man, that'd be a real bitch if I were to do that with the Jin combo thread. Wait no, it would take me hella longer with the Plat combo thread lol. You really just have to teach them the building blocks to said combos because really, most combos are just slight variations of the same combo.

Challenge Mode in BB doesn't even teach you what the building blocks are to said combos. In the other hand, if the subject doesn't even know about DL, then that's pretty much all they have. Challenge Mode in Marvel and KoF XIII actually do use either optimal BnBs or slightly crappier variations of them. I hope that Persona's Challenge Mode is anywhere as useful as KoF XIII's, for the newbies' sake.

Sign in to follow this