Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

Well i would only use bi-b if you could combo into it. maybe like gear super, rc, bi-b? something silly like that? No idea until I get the game to hit the lab, ya know ^^

Well i would only use bi-b if you could combo into it. maybe like gear super, rc, bi-b? something silly like that? No idea until I get the game to hit the lab, ya know ^^

Pretty sure it's uncomboable. I'll check later and let you know, but I'm pretty sure gear super RC wouldn't last long enough to make BI-B combo, and if it doesn't combo, the opponent can just roll through it.

Wild guess but could you manage even more time by doing Gear Super -> RC -> Sword -> Start charging B.BI -> Release Sword right as Gear super ends?

I'll try it later and let you know, hahaha. That sounds hilarious. I wonder if it's even worth the 150 meter after all that proration.

I got to play a little P4A at Console Combat this weekend, and man Labrys is fun. Exploding people with Red Axe 236236D was the highlight of my Sunday.

What do her match-ups look like? I imagine she's a little like Order-Sol - trouble with zoners and long pokes, but she really only needs to get in once or twice.

I got to play a little P4A at Console Combat this weekend, and man Labrys is fun. Exploding people with Red Axe 236236D was the highlight of my Sunday.

What do her match-ups look like? I imagine she's a little like Order-Sol - trouble with zoners and long pokes, but she really only needs to get in once or twice.

She has trouble with zoning to a degree, and lots of issues with defense. Doesn't seem altogether like a very strong character, but I don't believe her matchups skew wildly in the opponent's favour, either. Not seeing any matchups she has huge issues with yet, just a lot of matchups where she's not amazing.

She can apply very annoying pressure when she has red axe and has huge damage potential, but some characters can get in on her and reduce her axe level to green or blue in a single combo, so it's not like you can depend on having a filled axe gauge.

Actually Tari, how long can you delay the Swords before they release automatically? I was thinking if you can't do Gears -> Sword -> BI maybe you could do Sword -> Gears -> BI. I mean, it's dumb, but it might be funny.

The sword would come out halfway through the gear super, at the latest. They can't be delayed very long. Gears super seems to prorate a lot, too. At green axe (if I recall correctly), doing Gears super and then trying to combo 5AAAA out of it is actually not possible. The combo drops somewhere in the middle of the A string. I'll double check this as soon as I can, though, lol.

So, lots of 5-5s and 4-6s, and probably not anything worse than that, and the rushdown match-ups are probably as hard as the zoning match-ups. I can deal with that. I play a lot of low-tier characters on accident in fighting games, so I'm accustomed to 3-7s and the like. :vbang:

Basically that, I don't think its too much of an issue if you have to stay on the defensive either from characters like Yukiko, Aegis, Elizabeth and Naoto with good projectiles ... despite the axe gauge going down for not attacking it won't go below green unless you're getting hit, if you have enough meter for an EX you can use that to get just enough for the Red Axe from green.

Basically that, I don't think its too much of an issue if you have to stay on the defensive either from characters like Yukiko, Aegis, Elizabeth and Naoto with good projectiles ... despite the axe gauge going down for not attacking it won't go below green unless you're getting hit, if you have enough meter for an EX you can use that to get just enough for the Red Axe from green.
Er, sorry - EX what?

Er, sorry - EX what?

EX Guillotine Axe, Chain Knuckle into EX Extra Attack ... whatever your initial hit confirm is

Ah, gotcha. So EX Guillotine Axe can link into other stuff?

It causes hard knockdown and can be special cancelled (which the normal one can't) so you can cancel into any Tsurugi and then pick it up with like 5A/2A/2B into stuff.

Okay, so some quick results:

1) The gear super actually can be combo'd out of properly from any axe level. The reason it was failing for me before was because you can actually attack the opponent too early. If you attack the opponent as early as possible, the final gear hit will happen after you attack, which will cause the opponent to return to neutral before your next attack.

2) It's impossible to do anything into BI-B. It takes around 4 or 5 seconds to come out, which is far longer than any other move can possibly hold the opponent still. It's also impossible to do swords and the gear super at the same time, as they both require the persona.

boring! i wanna crush someone with a red axe bi-b!

either way ill find some funny combos when i get the game myself.

only a week left ><

Random other stuff:

- Air Guillotine into Moujuu combo seems like it only works with D Moujuu most of the time. Not sure why. Comboing into C Moujuu is much harder. Might be a height thing?

- Might be possible to combo BI-B if you do some sort of combo into OMB! with a sword waiting below for the opponent. If you can somehow set that up and immediately go into BI-B startup, it might be long enough? Too lazy to try, lol.

- Can't get this one combo from Tsurugi oki to work for me. Haven't had much time to try it out, and I can't recall exactly how it worked, but I think it was like this: 'A Tsurugi Hit > 5B (lvl 2) > 2A+B > 236B > 6 > A+B >...' into a standard air combo off of that. Can't get the 5B > 2A+B > 236B part to combo.

Hitboxes available on the wiki, if anyone missed shktn saying that.

---

My impressions of some of the more... notable/ridiculous normals?

5a: Interesting how far/high it hits. Premptive AA?

2b: Really now? That literally hits everywhere.

j.b: Crossup? Hits slightly above? Hits anything in the southeast part of the world? Love it.

j.bb: Range compared to hurtbox, that is suprising. Maybe a move to use as a mid/long screen air-to-air?

guard cancel: Huge range, hits very high (looking at you aigis flight cancel bullshit), but missing a spot low. Seems like a low move beats it clean?

sweep: Big range for a sweep. Perfect example of what might blow up Labby guard cancel? Seems nice as hell though.

5c: Early roll into crouch/lower profile move might just whiff? Yu lightning car? Good space control either way.

2c: Hits really high, but without the graphic i cant tell if its deceivingly high or it if makes sense.

Throw: Thats long as fuck. Damn.

Air Throw: Long, but not very high. Hits a lot below her though...

B+D: Hits a lot lower than I would have guessed.

Air Guillotine: Early on, almost your entire hurtbox is covered by hitbox. Interesting... I wonder how long for...

22-series: That is a wide hitbox at the base. Wider then I thought anyway.

Some of the other stuff I couldnt really understand (like 236236x) but mostly her hitboxes look very nice. Excitement!

The hitbox for crossup j.B is a lot smaller than I thought it was. It looks like it'd be a lot wider on the bottom.

j.B is incredibly good. Even though it doesn't have the largest hitbox behind her, you can just air turn to make it face the other way if you really want it to.

2B is a very good anti-air, but it actually loses to crossups that have large enough range due to not hitting that far behind Laby's head.

B+D has a great hitbox, but is a shitty reversal move. :(

The 22-series of moves have huge ground hitboxes. It's sort of hilarious when people get sucked into them when they don't look like they're even touching the swords.

On a completely unrelated note, it's interesting how you can actually air dash backwards further by air-turning before dashing. Not sure if there's a real downside to doing that, either.

On a completely unrelated note, it's interesting how you can actually air dash backwards further by air-turning before dashing. Not sure if there's a real downside to doing that, either.

(Hey Tari, it's Mike "Muscles" Murphy btw (and for those of you who are curious, I didn't give myself that nickname, I swear!)) As far as airdashing after turning around, its IMO one of the best options in the game to get some spacing between you and your opponent (at least for Yosuke). Had the chance to play 1v1 vs. Dacid yesterday for a few hours and incorporating that gave me so much room to run from Akihiko it was insane, just constant zoning even allowed me to take a few games from him. Not many, but a few. The upside to backwards airdash IMO is the fact that it makes you fall in an arc backwards, allowing for jump over airdash backwards fake crossups.

I also had some time in training mode and played with Labrys for a bit, and as far as the 5B (lvl2) > Sweep > 236B, which part dropped? I was under the impression that all 5B (lvl2) combos had to be in the corner, but if its the other part (Sweep to 236B) that came out just fine for me.

My 2 cents.

Random other stuff:

- Air Guillotine into Moujuu combo seems like it only works with D Moujuu most of the time. Not sure why. Comboing into C Moujuu is much harder. Might be a height thing?

Tested with

A > B > A Chain~A > 66A > j.A > j.C > 214A > C Moujuu

A> B > A Chain~A > 66A > 2B > hj.B > j.C > 214B > C Moujuu

on Yellow and Red Ax, it combo fine, but the timing kind of tight, u press C at the same time the smashing sound of Guillotine hitting Floor.

Ive seen it combo before, but I cant get it to work for me consistently. Not sure what Im doing wrong. :(

Ive seen it combo before, but I cant get it to work for me consistently. Not sure what Im doing wrong. :(

Practice lol ... i have test it with normal jump / high jump, A/B Guillotine pretty certain this is universal ... though only using Yu as Dummy >.> ... it's just tight link, u need to super cancel just barely when the last hit connect, if too fast ... u cancel the last hit of Air Guillotine and drop the combos, if too late ... well just be precise XD

Figured out why that combo was so hard. Depending on where you catch the opponent with j.C, the timing on the super becomes easier or harder. If you catch the opponent with the top half of j.C, the combo timing is not quite as strict, but it's still tight. If you catch the opponent with the bottom half, however, the timing becomes much, much tighter. Overall, the combo just has a very strict timing.

that combo video that darago posted was fucking sweet.

jbb combos? that throw combo near the end? NGH i want it to be tuesday so i can grind!

side note a friend got the game a little early, so i got a chance to play. she feels really good to me, i dunno what some people are saying that shes clunky or some shit. (i mean i mained fiona in arcana so that might have something to do with it but still)

you can keep pressure up reasonably well, the only thing thats weird to me is that 5a and 2a dont chain into each other. otherwise shes super fun and i cant wait ^^

----

side note

the ground throw hitbox for labrys is very wrong. air one might be too, didnt get to notice