Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth vs Teddie

Discuss the beary irritable matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

(What You want to do.)

1.Beam him until he gets close.

2.Once he tries to get closer,use 5b or j.b (your best friend).

3.B+D or DJ his unblockable super and use 2B after to beat any options he try's to do after the super animation.

4.Bat......block and wait for him to get in or yomi his bat with dodge or B+D.

5.If you get too close to him he might Counter (on wake up or if you yomi his bat with dodge or B+D so use S.C - Thanatos Slash into grab guess).

6.Dodging drill is a must or use 5b to hit him out of it (Drill breaks everything Thanatos does).

7. 2B/B+D or beam his t'v options.

(What you don't want to do.)

1.Beam up close (He can and will bat you if you do).

2.Don't use 5.C midscreen. (Bat kills Thanatos.)

3.Do NOT Accept him drilling on you (he will destroy you), and at a certain range he can combo and/or go for free mix up.

4.EX Flames up close or even a little further (Bat to you're face and you will be sliding on the wall ready to die.)

5.Don't jump in on him unless it's on knockdown (His 2B is godlike).

Avoiding and punishing Teddie's unblockable setup (2)

(What You want to do.)

2.Once he tries to get closer,use 5b or j.b(your best friend.)

3.B+D or DJ his unblockable super and use 2B after to beat any options he try's to do after the super animation.

4.Bat......Fucking block and wait for him to get in or yomi his bat with dodge or B+D.

5.If you get too close to him he might Counter(on wake up or if you yomi his bat with dodge or B+D so use S.C(Thanatos Slash into grab guess.)

6.Dodging drill is a must or use 5b to hit him out of it.(Drill breaks everything thanatos does.)

1.Beam up close. (he Can and will bat you if you do.)

2.Don't use 5.C midscreen.(bat kills Thanatos.)

3.Do NOT Accept him drilling on you.(he will Destroy you)and at a certain range he can combo and/or go for free mix up.

4.EX Flames up close or even a little further(Bat to you're face and you will be sliding on the wall ready to die.)

5.Don't jump in on him unless it's on knockdown.(His 2B is godlike.)

Practice up Guys.I think he is you're WORST of them all.

double jump d/ex garu to make sure you dodge unblockable super cuz that shit comes out delayed sometimes

(What You want to do.)

2.Once he tries to get closer,use 5b or j.b(your best friend.)

4.Bat......Fucking block and wait for him to get in or yomi his bat with dodge or B+D.

5.If you get too close to him he might Counter(on wake up or if you yomi his bat with dodge or B+D so use S.C(Thanatos Slash into grab guess.)

6.Dodging drill is a must or use 5b to hit him out of it.(Drill breaks everything thanatos does.)

1.Beam up close. (he Can and will bat you if you do.)

2.Don't use 5.C midscreen.(bat kills Thanatos.)

3.Do NOT Accept him drilling on you.(he will Destroy you)and at a certain range he can combo and/or go for free mix up.

4.EX Flames up close or even a little further(Bat to you're face and you will be sliding on the wall ready to die.)

5.Don't jump in on him unless it's on knockdown.(His 2B is godlike.)

Practice up Guys.I think he is you're WORST of them all.

I would normally agree with trying to zone him with lasers or whatever at max range, except SB.TV hones, is fast, and fatal counters. He can combo from it. If he has 25 meter, you can't zone him, but it's also a struggle to get in. He can reactively SB.TV if you Agi or Zio (recovery times/startup).

Teddie's Circus Bear is punishable.

While falling he has a small window of CH state recovery, extremely active moves will catch him for full combos. A good example of this is using Chie's Mortal Blow's invulnerable frames to dodge the hit, which times the Mortal to come out as a meaty air unblockable during his recovery window. Liz can perform something similar with Roll > D.Garu.

You can attack him with B/SB.Zio but if you use the A version he can punish you with TV. He could also super jump over the laser and punish you so be careful with how, where and when you use it.

At the beginning of the round he could hit you with the bat. I tried to IAD away and sometimes I ended up getting hit. R-Action can be dealt with, with 5D, and if he's closer to you I wouldn't recommended using 5B at all. Beat the jump ins with 2B and use JB whilst trying to create more space between yourselves.

236236D/C can be used to get out of his unblockable setup. Rolling is NOT reliable. I was past it earlier today and it STILL hit me. Just 236236 it.

This matchup is fairly 50-50 or slightly on either one of our advantages because us Elizabeth player have a surplus of ways to escape some of Teddie's deadliest set-ups and moves easily unlike other characters (like Akihiko of course). However Teddie's several items, transportings, and slightly awkward (yet hard to perform) mixups can easily disorient you and give Teddie the chance to launch a devastating combo that cooperates with the item and beats the crap out of you. But since Teddie doesn't have many projectiles (projectiles that don't get eaten or are fast enough) to counter our fullscreen neutral game. We have an advantage there. Just make sure that you know what to do if Teddie S.J.s your move and approaches from (Teddie)air to ground(you) because they'll probably have a clear opening if they jump out of an SB maragidyne or any type of Zio. One move that in particular can screw you over though is the SB version of Teddievision. With 25 SP Teddie can launch a set of TV's to hit you which are also his transporters. ALWAYS check on his SP on if he's got 25 SP to use SB Teddievision because he'll have the chance to approach you and get up in your face if you get hit by it. It's a better situation if it comes but you don't get hit because you have a surplus of options to punish Teddie if he uses the warp while you're there. Teddie Screw isn't too much of a problem since it's not far enough to hit you from fullscreen. Though it's best to be on your guard if you're near Teddie just in case he uses it because the A. version is surprisingly fast and can lead to some annoyingly hard-hitting combos. Puppeteddie won't be of much affect in the gameplan since we're not rushdown characters. So you'll rarely see it outside of combos. Also for good teddie's be careful of 2-D Teddie. It's a strange move that could lead to some mix-ups and can be rather disorienting on trying to punish Teddie. Just be careful all the time with Teddie.

A move that many people despise is Circus Ball. We are lucky because even though it's particularly strong and is unblockable. It's easy to not get hit because you could use Mahamaoon and Mamudoon and not get hit. You could use Magarudyne with a double jump and have a 99% chance of not getting hit. And you could use Zio to punish Teddie after the move's over. (To be continued)

This matchup is fairly 50-50 or slightly on either one of our advantages because us Elizabeth player have a surplus of ways to escape some of Teddie's deadliest set-ups and moves easily unlike other characters (like Akihiko of course).

There is no reason for you to feel this match-up is 5-5...unless you just aren't playing any decent Teddie players. It's definitely in Teddie's favor, though it's more like 6-4 Teddie than it is 7-3. I'll have to get back to you on why this is so at another time (busy with something atm).

There is no reason for you to feel this match-up is 5-5...unless you just aren't playing any decent Teddie players. It's definitely in Teddie's favor, though it's more like 6-4 Teddie than it is 7-3. I'll have to get back to you on why this is so at another time (busy with something atm).

Really? I don't find there to be that many things that Teddie can beat us with to be honest... I wouldn't say that the Teddie's I fight aren't decent but do tell me what you have to say since I myself find this matchup fun and even. Though maybe it's the fact that I know what Teddie does since *Looks at my signature*. IDK?,?

Really? I don't find there to be that many things that Teddie can beat us with to be honest... I wouldn't say that the Teddie's I fight aren't decent but do tell me what you have to say since I myself find this matchup fun and even. Though maybe it's the fact that I know what Teddie does since *Looks at my signature*. IDK?,?

I do run into quite a lot of decent Teddies, while I'm not an expert at the matchup section, I do have some reasons why it's in Teddie's favor. But uh...

Let's ignore Teddie Screw cause it's damn fast and OP.

Let's ignore Elizabeth's Furious Action because it sucks in almost every matchup.

Remember that I'm not good with the MU section, so you may think this all to be stupid.

His 5B pretty much beats our 5B, less recovery, faster (maybe?), more range(maybe?).

2. He is pretty much safe after using his own Furious Action when it does not whiff (e.g. furious action 2C out of range of hitting Liz), which may mean you have to change up Thanatos pressure a little. It may have not been a punish, but I think I may of got him after his Furious Action with Maziodyne once.

3. Most of Teddie's items may stop Elizabeth's momentum if she ever catches it, because a good Teddie will most likely get hit while throwing an item(came out wrong... you should know what I mean).

4. That anti-air of Teddie's is actually pretty good, of course his is not better than ours though. We're probably going to have to bait it.

5. He seems to have quite a bit of range, j.C and 5B. We're not getting out.

6. DON'T PRESS BUTTONS STUPIDLY! Sorry but, TEDDIE SCREW!

7. Because his Furious Action inflicts rage, if you get hit in the corner then too bad. If not you get hit midscreen, you'll have to know when to roll or furious action because of his EX TV.

I don't pay enough attention to Teddie to realize everything, but that's why I think this is in Teddie's favor.

I would say that this MU is in Teddie's favor for most of the reasons that Dazardz lists. Teddie's 5B is really, really good against Liz (it even tags j.B, which is silly); it beats a lot of our moves range/speed wise, and on CH, it throws you all the way in the corner. Other obnoxious buttons for Liz in my opinion would be 2A/2AB/5A/5C. His FA is also kinda annoying, and IIRC, he can FA out of maragidyne oki. EX TVs are also cumbersome. On the other hand, Elizabeth outdamages Teddie like six to one, so there's that.

If I had to say, this would be like 6-4 Teddie. Not horrible, but not good for us either.

Let's ignore Teddie Screw cause it's damn fast and OP.

Liz's 5B and j.B will easily knock Teddie out of teddie screw. If he's able to screw your liz, he's getting a read on you and you're being too predictable.

Teddie's DP and items are really useful in ruining Liz's not great mixup game with Thanatos. A persona hit by an item will still keep Liz in recovery, giving you a lot of frames to move in. Once Liz is persona broken, her only real options are to run away from Teddie, using j.B until she gets Thanatos back. In contrast, Liz's DP is not useful at all in escaping Teddie's pressure and the price of a bad DP against Teddie is high.

Also, in awakening you can easily react to Maragidyne and Maziodyne with Teddie Circus, making them eat 3300 damage. Trolling made easy

*Finally meets a good Teddie that get's two perfect rounds in a row

Me: Wth...

Like... the pressure Teddie's create are MUCH more devastating when they can fight at least half as good as Brkrdave. Let's not forget those items which can be real distracting and can help him get in on you.

Also, something I noticed is that when Teddie's use Teddie screw A (maybe even B) they can OMC and use 2A/2AB which could lead to another helping of devastating combos from them. They can do this before or after passing you so don't think that they'll always OMC from the back side. Best to hold down and the backside then switch to the other side. (I'm having a total blank moment where I forgot which side the perspective of inputting commands would be when discussing it... left or right? This is also probably a bit confusing and wordy so I'll edit this later to clarify what I mean exactly)

I can't say much else since I don't know where to start other then to keep holding the high guard or low guard if he uses J.A or 2A since they are multi-hitting attacks.