Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Combo Thread (Updated 08/22/12)

On the subject of confirms:

Nice way of punishing Yu's DP is to do 5B CH > OS Maragi D > Maragi loop (omit the first 5C on first explosion to get 5BB > B Agi ender). As long as he is not too high up this always combos since 5B should CH as he is falling from the DP.

I call it OS Maragi D since you can input 5B and then cancel Maragi D like normal. If 5B connects Maragi D comes out, if 5B misses then Maragi D never comes out (if I tested this correctly).

Well this tidbit belongs in the Yu match-up thread so I will copy and paste this over there...

As for corner combos I just go for D Maragi single hits by letting it hit the wall early to detonate. Depending on proration I go for a airthrow reset (react to air tech) or just end with A Agi knockdown early.

It may have been a while since combos were contributed, but I have another near corner combo I'd want to share:

2A+B > 236[A] ~ ]A[ > OMC > j.A > j.C > JC > j.A > j.C > 236[A] (2303/5)

Just started yukiko, can't get 5aa > 2c > 5bb > 3b > 5bb > IAD stuff to connect on the 2nd 5bb's. Any tips? Trying on yu

So after 8 hours of straight training I can do some SB agi > double miragi stuff and it feels real good.

But what are some common, unblockable/fire break set ups in the corner??

Just a few options:

(Whatever), 236[A] xx C Agidyne, Fire Break, Maragi - pop the held Agi as oki after Agidyne to help pin them down for the unblockable Maragi.

Standard Maragi loop/anti-air combo starter, replace the normal follow up after SB Agi with Fire Break (can be done in a few different ways), unblockable Maragi on their tech.

Similar to above, but use SB Agi as the unblockable; devastating if done right, as you basically get 2 unblockables to work with, and delaying a tech doesn't get you out of this one.

Basic high/low unblockable: whatever, 236[A], 2D, ]A[, 2A+2D hits, normal ground combo. Does miserable damage, but can lead into an Agidyne -> Fire Break setup if you have the meter.

Thanks man, off the agi unblock-able what are people doing? Presumably you can do a basic 5aa > 5c > 5bb > stuff or 5aa > 5c > SB agi?

other than the ones listed, are yukiko's corner combo's the same as her midscreen ones? for example in the combo thread there is nothing listed under 236c/d for corner. I'm guessing i can just used 236c/d > 5bb > stuff as you would midscreen.

also double miragi in the corner is giving me a little trouble and i can see ryd has noted you can go for a single for ease and the fact it doesnt do that much less damage.

if doing a single miragi combo in the corner do you still need to use SB Agi, or can you use A Agi?

thanks in advance

In addition to the stuff Ryd mentioned in the above post, here's some other unblockable stuff that is worth learning imo:

Combo into 236A+B midscreen: dash 214D ]A[ ]B[ dash 2A+B 236A/236C for oki

This combo sacrifices a bit of damage off the Maragi loop in order to set up a safe, meaty unblockable. While this might not be something you want to utilize off a good starter like 236C/D or any OMB combo, I'd go for this midscreen if I land a 5AA anti air or any other somewhat negligible starter.

This is also possible in the corner. For example, off All-out attack:

(corner) 5A+B 5B 2C 5C 5B 236A+B 214D ]A[ ]B[ 2A+B 236A/236C

Same situation. Sacrifice damage to go for guaranteed unblockable at the expense of 25 meter. Something worth considering

Yer no doubt the damage of the unblockable set up + the unblockable combo is greater than the full set up combo would do on its own.

I'm glad I stuck with yukiko, the fact I can't play the game online at the moment probably helps as I don't have the temptation to play against humans. In which case I would just be learning someone simpler, but now I've got double miragi's to about 75% consistency I'm loving her and I know my mates with be like dayyyuuuummm, when I hit then with FC double miragi combo when the game comes out in the UK.

Like Carl in BB, she's a tough nut to crack but oh so sweet

when the game comes out in the UK.

IF the game comes out in the UK.

Nice to see a fellow Yukiko main over here though.

IF the game comes out in the UK.

Nice to see a fellow Yukiko main over here though.

You ready to put in the hours symm?

Should be universal. You won't see it advertised a whole lot because of its unstable nature. While the meter gain is nice, it's easy to drop and the damage isn't too much more than what you'd get from something easier. Given that Yukiko is not a character who can afford to drop a combo, it's generally better to opt for reliability over a little extra meter.

Should be universal. You won't see it advertised a whole lot because of its unstable nature. While the meter gain is nice' date=' it's easy to drop and the damage isn't too much more than what you'd get from something easier. Given that Yukiko is not a character who can afford to drop a combo, it's generally better to opt for reliability over a little extra meter.[/quote']

Is it distance specific? Or just plain execution-dependent? Considering I use a character in BB who can only land his 27 frame launcher twice in a round if he's lucky, and his combo filler is a bitch to execute after landing it, I'm not quite sure how bad this combo can be. I love the look of it for sure. Not to mention the other swag IAD combo is character-specific, which is always a bitch.

EDIT: Please don't tell me the IAD combo is still character-specific in the corner. Please.

You just have to be close enough so that TK Agi hits. If that hits, dash 5A should always connect, provided you get the timing right.

IAD combo is not character specific in the corner, no; so for example off of 2A you can always do

2A, 5AA, 2C, 2B, 5C, 5BB, IAD jAAA, 5B, 2A+B, A Agi (or the other ender with 4 fans and no A Agi, i.e. 5BB 2B 5B 2A+B)

Actually, even midscreen, you can do:

(2A), 5AA, 2C, 5B, 3B, 6BB, IAD jAAA, (dash) 5BB, 2B, 5B, 2A+B (or you can omit all the fans and do (dash) 2A+B A Agi)

on everyone except the two Labryses.

EDIT: I have to stop forgetting to write jAAA after IAD @_@

You just have to be close enough so that TK Agi hits. If that hits, dash 5A should always connect, provided you get the timing right.

IAD combo is not character specific in the corner, no; so for example off of 2A you can always do

2A, 5AA, 2C, 2B, 5C, 5BB, IAD jAAA, 5B, 2A+B, A Agi (or the other ender with 4 fans and no A Agi, i.e. 5BB 2B 5B 2A+B)

Actually, even midscreen, you can do:

(2A), 5AA, 2C, 5B, 3B, 6BB, IAD jAAA, (dash) 5BB, 2B, 5B, 2A+B (or you can omit all the fans and do (dash) 2A+B A Agi)

on everyone except the two Labryses.

EDIT: I have to stop forgetting to write jAAA after IAD @_@

Thanks for the help! Onore Labrys :arg:

EDIT: BTW I absolutely love your avatar. It brings the fanboy out of me. You live in NJ? Did you attend AnimeNEXT this year? If you did I want to slap myself for not meeting you there. I was in the BB section.

Question, would this alteration to one of the combos still work? I'm not sure if it's my timing that's off or if the combo just isn't possible (or character specific).

236C/D > 5AA > 5C > 5BB > 236[A+B] > ]A[ > ]B[ > 236D > 66 5BB > 5C > 5BB > 5C > 236A/B

Question, would this alteration to one of the combos still work? I'm not sure if it's my timing that's off or if the combo just isn't possible (or character specific).

236C/D > 5AA > 5C > 5BB > 236[A+B] > ]A[ > ]B[ > 236D > 66 5BB > 5C > 5BB > 5C > 236A/B

Yer too much proration breaks the combo, just do 236c/d > 5bb > 236ab > loops

Woo! Finally came up with a red combo that yields around 4k and at least works on Yu (not entirely sure if it's character specific). I didn't see it going through the thread, although I did see similar combos. If it is a repost, please forgive me. Start with Konohana Sakuya behind the opponent for this one.

1/2/3D (to place Konohona Sakuya) > 4/5/6D FC > dash (if necessary) > 5BB > 236[A+B] > 236D > ]A[ > ]B[ > 5BB > 5C > 5BB > 5C > 236A/B