Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC

[P4A] Chie Satonaka - Combo Thread

In the air or no? They have to be crouching. 236b forces them to stand and then you continue combo by linking into 5a.

Once More Burst. RC = Roman/Rapid Cancel, a lot of older players use it from GG/BB. My bad, again, thought I caught all of those.

"Throw (CH) > dash 2A > 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D (50%@3147)"

This should be a 0% combo unless I'm missing something.

I think there should be more mid-screen oki BnBs in the OP, like 5AA > 5B > 2B > 2AB > 2DD. Also, I'd love to see max damage enders for 25% and 75% meter, and I'd like to see 2DD/5DD combos, since it's pretty common to get an AA DD; should I dash up and do 5B > 5C JC etc?

"Throw (CH) > dash 2A > 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D (50%@3147)"

This should be a 0% combo unless I'm missing something.

Good catch. I mistyped those.

I think there should be more mid-screen oki BnBs in the OP, like 5AA > 5B > 2B > 2AB > 2DD.

This does not work out as well as you might think. Usually I have to do 5DD or j9.2D midscreen as 2DD has trouble reaching the vast majority of the time save for the very last hit.

Yeah, 2DD is almost always a bust midscreen. You end up needing to basically hit them with a sweep point blank, and -just- the sweep, to get people with 2DD midscreen

This does not work out as well as you might think. Usually I have to do 5DD or j9.2D midscreen as 2DD has trouble reaching the vast majority of the time save for the very last hit.

Ah, okay. Are there any other better BnBs into sweep mid-screen off a punish or 5A/2A hit-confirm?

Not that I know of, though he might know one

I think he was just taking issue with the use of 2DD

EDIT: looking at match vids, I'm seeing some stuff where you can link 5AA off 236AB and go into sweep, prolly gonna have to check that out later

How are these people dashing with 5A into more 5A's so fast while moving forward without autocombos?

Why does it seem like some players just jump up, dash, and drop right down with the air turn j.B cross up? Which dashes are they doing?

How are these people dashing with 5A into more 5A's so fast while moving forward without autocombos?

I /think/ 4A doesn't initiate autocombo. You should be using 4A for stagger 5A anyways; 5A's +1, so 4A is basically an automatic DP bait since you'll block once the 5A recovers (and before they can ever DP).

Why does it seem like some players just jump up, dash, and drop right down with the air turn j.B cross up? Which dashes are they doing?

Chie's air backdash is really short, so if you airturn before you crossup and you space it right, you basically drop beside them

What are the optimal corner combos off of j.BB and off of 2A, oki and damage?

For 2A, in the corner, STD does:

2A > 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2B > 2C > 236A > 236A > 214D > 236236D (50%, 3315 damage)

2A > 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2B > 2C > 5B > 2AB (0%, 1632 damage)

Not sure if the 5AA is optimal or not, might just be for hit-confirming.

5AB-C (FC) > JD > dash 5B > 5C > 5AB

5AB-C (FC) > JD > dash 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 214C (D in Corner) > 236236D

Having an issue with these two mid screen oki combos. I get the 5AB-C (FC) > JD but the opponent always techs before I hit the ground for the dash 5B. Any input on why this is happening?

Also,

Midscreen Damage

AA 2B (CH) > 5B > 5C > 236B > 5B > 5C > 236B > 236A > 214C (D in Corner) > 236236D

Having an issue with these two mid screen oki combos. I get the 5AB-C (FC) > JD but the opponent always techs before I hit the ground for the dash 5B. Any input on why this is happening?

That combo is seriously a pain.

You could be hitting j.D too late, too early, or not be dashing fast enough/soon enough to connect 5B. No idea which of those it is, though.

If your opponent techs before you touch the ground then you are not close enough to the ground, in theory.

Try delaying the jD more, maybe?

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the 5B > 2B starter is interchangeable with mj.B(B). This means you can do stuff like:

mj.B(B) > 236A > 236A > 236236A > S66 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D

or in the corner:

mj.B(B) > 236A > 236A , 5C , 5B , 236B > 236B , 5C > 5AB

I figured out that it's difficult to hitconfirm and that's probably why you see top Chie players use 236AB at the beginning instead, because that makes the Rampage safe.

I want to share a combo I came up with for a tournament I just went to.

Work anywhere but more damage when cornered

5B(CH)>2DD>236236Ax3>236B>236B>236D>OMB>236D (150%9981)

I know 150 SP is pretty expensive but the damage is legit and very easy. Go try it out though it feels really good to Touch of Death Narakumi like that.

So realize there is nothing in the way of resets on this tread and i think maybe we should talk about that.

I know that just mashing DP will get most characters out of resets but...

214D(CH)>j.C>j.B>5C>66-(this is a pass under) 2DD....whatever you want.

opinions?

Since it ends in DD its oki-ish and can confirm into pretty good damage

Dunno why you'd reset off fatal counter 214D.

That's like 5k damage, you're not gonna get that off a reset into midscreen oki.

You could prolly do some reset shenanigans in low prorate combos with 236AB, since I think it's plus on block (so if the combo prorates out and they're blocking when it "uncombos," they've gotta block).

I have see top player do : ~ sweep j land air dash JBB + SKYLLCRACKER AB (overhead + combo) !!!!

How to do the skyll cracker AB without the rampage for a overhead ???????????

What is the secret ? And the input ?

Dunno why you'd reset off fatal counter 214D.

That's like 5k damage, you're not gonna get that off a reset into midscreen oki....

Well if you notice the combo i posted about 2 posts ago it does almost 10k damage but it cant be confirmed of anything but 5B(CH) or 2DD/5DD. So if I was in a situation where I needed to do more damage than 5k to kill someone I would go for the reset. (Pretty sure that combo with only 236236Ax2 still does like 7.5k. So actually I can get that off a reset into midscreen oki.

I have see top player do : ~ sweep j land air dash JBB + SKYLLCRACKER AB (overhead + combo) !!!!

How to do the skyll cracker AB without the rampage for a overhead ???????????

What is the secret ? And the input ?

Just do the combo normally:

jBB > 236AB > 236B > etc.

If you do the AB Rampage at the right time, it will get cancelled, and you can go straight into Skull Cracker.

Interestingly, this does not work with mjBB because the recovery frames from the minijump overlap with the startup on the AB Rampage, which causes Power Charge to come out instead for some reason.

Hmm. You're getting 236236B instead of 236AB 236B?

Well, this is only a hunch and I can't test it right now, but try doing 236AB 41236B. I don't know how P4A handles the inputs, but that should give you the 236 you need to do Skull Cracker and break it up enough where you won't get 236236B. Like I said though, only a hunch.

That combo is seriously a pain.

You could be hitting j.D too late, too early, or not be dashing fast enough/soon enough to connect 5B. No idea which of those it is, though.

It's j.6D, not j.D.