Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC

[P4A] Chie Satonaka - Combo Thread

Well if you notice the combo i posted about 2 posts ago it does almost 10k damage but it cant be confirmed of anything but 5B(CH) or 2DD/5DD. So if I was in a situation where I needed to do more damage than 5k to kill someone I would go for the reset. (Pretty sure that combo with only 236236Ax2 still does like 7.5k. So actually I can get that off a reset into midscreen oki.

I'm going to sound like an ass saying this, but your sense of "practical" is totally warped. Off oki, you are getting either j.BB or 2A. You are not getting CH 5B; you are not getting some other amazing starter. You're not going to get more than 3k off either of those in the best circumstances midscreen -- and that requires insanely good hitconfirming and at least 50 meter. You are giving away a guaranteed 4k-5k, depending on your meter, for a "maybe" 3k-4k total. It doesn't add up.

And that's not even counting the mental value of using the fatal properly. If Yu does DP, and you 214D fatal that shit into 5k, he'll think a lot harder about doing it again than if you just reset that potential 5k.

It's j.6D, not j.D.

That wasn't in the notation in the oki thread, so that might explain why I was having so much trouble.

Gonna try that later. Thanks a ton.

Could we please get this list updated with more practical combos, and some fixes?

Fixes:

"5AB-C (FC) > JD" should be "5AB-C (FC) > J.6D"

"5AB-C (FC) > JD > dash 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 214C (D in Corner) > 236236D" should be "5AB-C (FC) > J.6D > dash 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 214C (D in Corner) > 236236D"

"Throw (CH) > dash 2A > 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D (50%@3147)" should be "Throw (CH) > dash 2A > 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D (0%@3147)"

Additions:

Corner:

JBB > 5B > 5C > 2B > 236A > 236A > 5B > 5C > 5AB (0%@2545)

(On Crouching) JBB > 5B > 5C > 2B > 2C > 236B > 5AA > 5B > 5C >2B > 2C > 5B > 2AB (0%@3374)

2A > 5B > 5C > 236A > 236A > 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 5B > 5C > 214C > 236236D (50%@4000)

2A > 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2B > 2C > 5B > 2AB (0%, 1632 damage)

Mid-screen:

2A > 5AA > 5B > 2B > 2AB (0%@983)

JBB > 5B > 2B > 2AB (0%@1458)

I don't know optimal 2A or JB damage enders mid-screen, I'll research it and see what I find.

Thanks, I'll go and edit those things now. Sorry for falling behind a bit, work's been killing me the week that the game came out so I just didn't get a chance to go in myself. Thanks for giving me the info though.

I'm going to sound like an ass saying this, but your sense of "practical" is totally warped. Off oki, you are getting either j.BB or 2A. You are not getting CH 5B; you are not getting some other amazing starter. You're not going to get more than 3k off either of those in the best circumstances midscreen -- and that requires insanely good hitconfirming and at least 50 meter. You are giving away a guaranteed 4k-5k, depending on your meter, for a "maybe" 3k-4k total. It doesn't add up.

And that's not even counting the mental value of using the fatal properly. If Yu does DP, and you 214D fatal that shit into 5k, he'll think a lot harder about doing it again than if you just reset that potential 5k.

Don't worry about sounding like an ass. Text is generally harsh.

Ever watch MarlinPie play UMvC3(horrible game)? Nothing he does is "practical" but people love the way he plays and consider him a good player. Risk is just part of the game.

I can see where your coming from with the mental value of using the damage off the DP to make the opponent not want to use it anymore. I just don't think you see what I see. With the pass under I am crossing them up. If they don't switch blocks they get hit by 2DD(Not 5B(CH) please read my last post closely) and I have time to do some 236236As, however many I have available. 236B>236B doesn't normally hit standing characters but since they are in 2DD that are stuck to get hit by it and get hit by a huge damage dragon kick for at least 6k without even doing a OMB and if I do OMB doing another 1 for about 2 or 3k more damage. So giving away a guaranteed 5k for a maybe 6-9k(depending on your meter) plus the 2k from the started of the reset( that might be a dead character BTW) is somewhat valuable, especially in a losing game where we are about to get perfected.

And of course I'm factoring in the other player's resources as well. If he has burst I'm not trying this.

I value your opinion and you taking the time to respond. You seem very knowledgeable. I just think you miss read something.

Thanks, I'll go and edit those things now. Sorry for falling behind a bit, work's been killing me the week that the game came out so I just didn't get a chance to go in myself. Thanks for giving me the info though.

Why did you not take the days off lol

I have days booked off work when P4A comes out over here =)

I had to take days off for Summer Jam, so I'll be able to go in on it there lol. I'll probably play some this week though, hopefully less busy now.

Charged 236A (FC) > 5B > 2AB > JC > JB > 5C > 44 5C > 66 5B > 5C > 44 5C > 66 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > dash 5C > 5B > 5C > 214C > 236236D (50%@6797)

this does not do 6797 the most i could get it to was 63__ something (maybe this damage is off of one hit of babykicks which is very unlikely?)

btw how fast is the startup on charge and then 236a? im trying to think if this a possible dp punish for all dps (obviously would work on dps like yu's)

also this combo looks godly

+ i too cannot figure out 5ab, c, jump 6D combos

i get it like once in ten tries. any secret?

About this combo: 5B > 2B > 236A > 236A > 236236A > Dash 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D (50%@4216)

The other character drops out of the combo when I get to do the 2nd 236B(the Hits count turns yellow everytime at that point). So what am I doing wrong? Or is this combo simply impractical?

About this combo: 5B > 2B > 236A > 236A > 236236A > Dash 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D (50%@4216)

The other character drops out of the combo when I get to do the 2nd 236B(the Hits count turns yellow everytime at that point). So what am I doing wrong? Or is this combo simply impractical?

Catch them lower with 5C after the 236236A. They're too high for the second 236B to connect.

It's j.6D, not j.D.

Are you sure about this? I'm fairly certain that jD and j6D are the exact same move. Put them side-by-side in training mode and you'll notice there's no difference in height or distance.

Was messing around, this combo seems somewhat practical:

AA 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D > OMB > dash 5C > 236B > 236B > 214C/D > 236236D (50%/Burst@5423)

AA 5C > 236B > 236B > 236D > OMB > dash 5C > 236B > 236B > 236C (0%/Burst@4298)

Technically possible off an AA 2B > 5C, but the spacing has to be too perfect.

So far this has been my main bnb corner carry combo:

5B, 2B, 236A~236A, 236236a, dash C(delay it a bit to get the timing) 236B~236B, 5C, 236B~236B, 236C does 4311 anyways i can optimize this combo more

5A 5B probably prorates better than 5A 2A, though I don't know if it'd make the combo any better.

Don't end in Dragon Kick if you want corner carry, since it defeats the purpose of getting them to the corner if you can't keep them there. You may need to just stop after 236B 236B and do 2DD to keep them locked in the air, then try to force them to the ground with any combination of j.As, j.Bs, and air 236s you can. Alternatively, if you have 100 meter, God Hand ender.

5A 5B probably prorates better than 5A 2A, though I don't know if it'd make the combo any better.

Don't end in Dragon Kick if you want corner carry, since it defeats the purpose of getting them to the corner if you can't keep them there. You may need to just stop after 236B 236B and do 2DD to keep them locked in the air, then try to force them to the ground with any combination of j.As, j.Bs, and air 236s you can. Alternatively, if you have 100 meter, God Hand ender.

Thanks also I meant 5B, 2B in the begining not 5A 2A, error on my part

I've been thinking, might CH 5C > 236B > 236B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 214D > 236236D do more than other the standard CH set-ups? I'm getting a lot of punished Furious Actions in the corner right now, and I'm doing 5C dash 5B > 5C > 236236A > etc. right now - I feel like I should be getting more. I'll check to see if this is even possible.

Edit: doesn't seem to be possible; 3rd 5C fails.

Noticed this combo from the video is not in the list:

5BD (CH) > 214214D , sj.236D (50%@3363)

I use it a lot, it's very practical and swag as hell.

(Edited due to me not realizing you don't need to OMC it, oops)

Noticed this combo from the video is not in the list:

5BD (CH) > OMC > 214214C , sj.236D (50%@3363)

I use it a lot, it's very practical and swag as hell.

I'm sorry if this may seem stupid or if I might have missed something but what is 5BD?

"5B (CH) > 2D > dash 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > dash 5C > 5A > 5C > 214C > 236236D (50%@5333)"

Are there any beneficial modifications to this in the corner? This seems to be her go-to counter-hit/B+D punisher combo, just wondering if it can be made even deadlier.

Is it possible to do an smp combo with chie? I was messing with her today and figured that if she had a move or pair of moves she could loop that i would be able to just stack 10 moves and an omb in front of the loop and have an smp. The best i could do was a couple reps of 5c, 236b, 236b, but the smp never seems to really kick in.

Delay your 5b a bit after the wall bounce. You have a lot of time to do this so you should be fine.