Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[P4A] Aigis vs Shadow Labrys

I'm starting the match-up threads to give a basic rundown of each character Aigis has to face. Please note this is a work in progress and I would be grateful to receive any feedback on errors I've made or things that are incorrect. This information isn't my own, I've gotten it from other sources, and part of it is my overall assessment.

Matchup Ranking:

The Enemy's Assessment:

Overview

General Tips
  • Shadow Labrys has a persona, Asterios, that is always on the screen to keep its position in mind relative to hers. Her oki is strong because of it. The main objective in the match up is to break the persona if possible and go on the offensive via Orgia Mode. Don’t use a lot of ammo, they’re projectile based and Shadow Labrys can used 5D to absorb the projectiles without allowing harm to herself. Like Labrys her j.B is very good and can be used as a cross-up.

Close-Range
  • If you’re at this distance against Shadow Labrys, pressure her as you would Labrys. Her best means to escape pressure is her DP, which is the same as Labrys, and can be easily read because of it has super armor. If Shadow Labrys is on the offensive, block where she is and not where Asterio is. Expect her to use Guillotine axe for an overhead and quick escape to cross up. Buffalo Hammer may look like a high, but it hits low, and she will do it as a means of deception.

Medium-Range
  • Shadow Labrys is strong at this range. Her 2C is deceptive, having a longer horizontal hitbox , and can be used as an anti-air. Watch out for Flame of Hades as well, it shoots a laser where the beam hits the ground and can catch you off guard. 5B and 5C are good ways to stagger pressure and potentially break persona stocks. Be cautious of Massive Slaughter, which allows Asterios to disappear underground and grab you, jumping is a good way to avoid it, and pressuring Shadow Labrys.

Far-Range
  • Due to the length of Asterio 2C it can be used to prevent potential jump ins from this range. Shadow Labrys 8C can also be used to attack you at this range because it tracks the opponent and Asterios performs his attack. Shadow Labrys can use it while jumping, however Aigis can use 2B, but use it cautiously.

Air-to-Air
  • Shadow Labrys is as good as Labrys when it comes to her air-to-air game because of j.B and it’s huge horizontal and vertical hitbox. And she can also use 2C to prevent jump-ins.

Air-to-Ground
  • In the air, it’s tough for Aigis to get in with j.B same with Labrys because of how good her 2B is. As with Labrys, time your jumps so that you can hop over and punish the 2B.

Ground-to-Air
Pay attention to Asterios here because Shadow Labrys has the potential to use 8C to punish you in your attempt to 2B. If she does 8C and you read it, punish her by breaking it and going on the offensive with Orgia Mode.

Reversal
5th Gen Axe Slash is Shadow Labrys DP, it is the same as Labrys, and is fairly easy to bait and punish. It has super armor on start-up, meaning if you attack while it's coming out it will only delay the DP from attacking, which gives you plenty of time to block and punish. It's vertical hit box isn't that high nearest Shadow Labrys, giving you the potential for easier cross overs, which you can punish. On block it is very easy to punish.

Good Tools For The Match Up

[*]2B

[*]Orgia Mode

[*]j.A

[*]5B

Things To Look Out For

[*]Asterios

[*]8C

[*]j.B

[*]2B

[*]2C

[*]Buffalo Hammer

[*]Guillotine Axe

Conclusion

[*]Like Labrys this is a tricky match up, made more difficult due to the presence of Asterios. It can absorb projectiles, making your own zoning game worse than against other characters, and to succeed you need to keep your eye on Asterios or you will eat an 8C or 4C/D. Winning revolves around breaking her persona and keeping her pressured. Her health is much lower than Labrys and her DP is easy to read. Keep the pressure up and the round can end in two good combos and keep an eye on your own ammo reserve.