Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[P4A] Aigis vs Yu Narukami

I'm starting the match-up threads to give a basic rundown of each character Aigis has to face. Please note this is a work in progress and I would be grateful to receive any feedback on errors I've made or things that are incorrect. This information isn't my own, I've gotten it from other sources, and part of it is my overall assessment.

Matchup Ranking:

The Enemy's Assessment:

Overview

General Tips
  • Yu is a very oki centered character. His 5B has good range. He also has a good anti-air in 2B and can also do raging lion on response to punish bad persona usage. He can also use a projectile. If Yu does Raging Lion TK overhead, you can counter attack with 5A and pressure him.

Close-range
  • Aigis 5A is a good method to counter attack a Yu that does Raging lion overhead.

Medium-range
  • Watch for his 5B because it’s range, and you can also use 2B to prevent dash ins or bad persona usage.

Far Range
  • Use 2B to halt his air approaches. Or you can use 236A to keep him at bay until Orgia Mode activates again.

Reversal
  • Big Gamble is Yu's DP. It is AUB on first hit, so jumping over him on wake-up can be effective. It has a high vertical hit box and can be baited with quick pokes like 5/2A. Be cautious of it because off a successful counter he can follow up with his super and turn the round around. If you block it, you have a considerable amount of time to punish.

Surface-to-air

Air-to-ground

In corner

Good Tools For The Match Up

[*]2B

[*]Orgia Mode

[*]j.A

[*]5A

[*]5B

Things To Look Out For

[*]Raging Lion

[*]Persona Oki

[*]5B

[*]2B

Conclusion

[*]Yu is similar to Shadow Labrys because how effective they are with their persona. Breaking his persona is a good way to bring the match-up in your favor. If caught in his oki, countering with 2B in gaps is a good way to put him on the defense, and give you the victory.

Nothing about Big Gamble? I thought it was supposed to be one of Yu's best moves unless I'm mistaking it for something else.

Nothing about Big Gamble? I thought it was supposed to be one of Yu's best moves unless I'm mistaking it for something else.

I didn't bother mentioning DPs for this and other threads since everyone has them. Though I suppose I can edit them to be included.

Safe jumps are golden for baiting out Yu's DP. Since Yu can super cancel his DP, remember to walk behind him to get that punish since he won't turn around if he cancels into a super even if you're behind him.

Safe jumps are golden for baiting out Yu's DP. Since Yu can super cancel his DP, remember to walk behind him to get that punish since he won't turn around if he cancels into a super even if you're behind him.

If you are in front of him when he is about to do the super, evasive action would be the key way to get behind him and punish.

Good Orgia mode control is key in the match up, since his 2B is one of the best anti- airs in the game and can lead to you going from one side of the screen to the other pretty much. Although Aegis shines mid screen, you'll really want to maintain that position in this match up, although Yu's oki is dangerous anywhere.

236A is a decent way to keep him away while allowing Orgia mode to recover, but I wouldn't recommend it often since it does leave enough delay that he can jump and punish if he is close enough. Also his projectile comes out faster, which can usually prevent Aegis from using hers. 2B would probably be a better keep away tool honestly.

Using Gatling(236A/B) is very scary in this match up because if he calls you out on that he can do full screen Electric Car (214C/D) OMC into tons of damage.

Should probably clarify that you can 5A(2A) only Raging Lion A on block. 214B is safe.

CAn someone explain the things i should be doing against Yu i dont know what im doing wrong but i keep getting decimated every match :/

And were does 5B help us in this match up ?

I find that I'm constantly dancing in and out on this match like a lot of other match ups where the opponents character has beefier ground normals than Aigis(over half the cast lol).

You either want to be just outside of Yu's 5B range or within Aigis 5A range. It can be difficult to approach Yu thanks to the space that his 2B and 5B covers but if he whiffs either of those while you're in Orgia, that's a free ticket for you to go in and start doing your thing.

If you ever catch Yu doing 5D off anything but during knockdown, 2B that shit right away, or if you're in Orgia; boost and punish it. Look out for Raging Lion overheads that aren't being covered by Izanagi since that leaves a gap big enough to either roll or some reversal.

And like I mentioned above, if you block raging lion A, you can either try to throw or hit him with 5A after words.

Yu's a solid character but once you're familiar with his typical Oki pressure and start blocking his mix ups; he will have to get creative and go for more risky gimmicks to open you up. Recognise gaps in his strings to roll or DP even to get the game back into neutral. Also condition your opponent to not DP and make sure they know that they-will-eat-a-4-5k-punish. Safe jump the shit out of Yu.

Aigis's 5B is a decent tool on paper because even though Yu's 5B outranges it, our 5B is faster on start up and thanks to the decent amount of active frames on the projectile end of 5B it should stuff Yu's 5B if he presses it. But it's not something you should rely on too often, if you whiff 5B he can easily get in and knock you down then set up his oki.

I find that I'm constantly dancing in and out on this match like a lot of other match ups where the opponents character has beefier ground normals than Aigis(over half the cast lol).

You either want to be just outside of Yu's 5B range or within Aigis 5A range. It can be difficult to approach Yu thanks to the space that his 2B and 5B covers but if he whiffs either of those while you're in Orgia, that's a free ticket for you to go in and start doing your thing.

If you ever catch Yu doing 5D off anything but during knockdown, 2B that shit right away, or if you're in Orgia; boost and punish it. Look out for Raging Lion overheads that aren't being covered by Izanagi since that leaves a gap big enough to either roll or some reversal.

And like I mentioned above, if you block raging lion A, you can either try to throw or hit him with 5A after words.

Yu's a solid character but once you're familiar with his typical Oki pressure and start blocking his mix ups; he will have to get creative and go for more risky gimmicks to open you up. Recognise gaps in his strings to roll or DP even to get the game back into neutral. Also condition your opponent to not DP and make sure they know that they-will-eat-a-4-5k-punish. Safe jump the shit out of Yu.

Aigis's 5B is a decent tool on paper because even though Yu's 5B outranges it, our 5B is faster on start up and thanks to the decent amount of active frames on the projectile end of 5B it should stuff Yu's 5B if he presses it. But it's not something you should rely on too often, if you whiff 5B he can easily get in and knock you down then set up his oki.

hey thankx alot man put some of this to work the other day helped a lot