Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[P4A] Aigis vs Yosuke

I'm starting the match-up threads to give a basic rundown of each character Aigis has to face. Please note this is a work in progress and I would be grateful to receive any feedback on errors I've made or things that are incorrect. This information isn't my own, I've gotten it from other sources, and part of it is my overall assessment.

Matchup Ranking:

The Enemy's Assessment:

Overview

General Tips
  • Due to Yosuke’s incredible speed, the fight will often feel like its not in your favor, however sticking to fighting fundamentals can easily turn this fight around. One of the better means of approach for Aigis in this match-up is j.B and keeping to the air as much as possible.

Close-Range
  • Yosuke applying pressure in this position is somewhere you don’t want to be. His speed and cross-up abilities, along with unblockables, and status aliments can easily force you into making mistakes and put you at the disadvantage. Know which normals Yosuke can do and punish him for being predictable as a good deal of his normals and specials are unsafe on block. Once you’ve done so, confirm into Orgia Mode and apply pressure accordingly. Be wary of Yosuke’s DP, can jump cross over to punish if you don’t know whether he will use it or not.

Medium-Range

Far-Range

Air-to-Air
  • Due to Yosuke’s speed it can be a challenge to handle his air game. Aigis j.C is fairly good for hitting him, it has a huge hit box, and can catch Yosuke off guard and lead into big damage. j.A is also good for approaching and hit confirming.

Air-to-Ground
  • Be wary of Yosuke’s 2B, it has a high vertical reach, and is air unblockable, but it’s bad on recovery. Time your jumps accordingly to force the punish.

Ground-to-Air
Yosuke is a very fast opponent so if he’s approaching from the air you want to use 2B to slow him down and go into Orgia Mode and match his speed with your own.

Reversal
Dodge is Yosuke's reversal. It does no damage however it changes the momentum immediately. It has a deceptive amount of active frames, if you seem him blinking gold/yellow that means its still in effect. The best way to deal with it are crossing over and doing j.B for the easy punish or wait until its over. Poking with 2/5A is a good way to make Yosuke mistake your pressure and use it.

Good Tools For The Match Up

[*]2B

[*]j.B

[*]Orgia Mode

[*]j.A

[*]j.C

[*]5A

[*]5B

Things To Look Out For

[*]Dash Spring

[*]Mirage Slash

[*]Tentarafoo

[*]2B

Conclusion

[*]In this match up, it will mostly be at Yosuke's pace. He's fast so it will be difficult to counter attack at times, but a lot of his normals and specials are unsafe on block, and you can easily shift the momentum at that point. His health is also low, so defeating him in two good combos is possible. Watch for his unblockable and use pokes to escape and apply pressure. Fighting fundamentals will be the key to victory in this fight, as you're normally on the defensive against his speed.

I just want to comment on a few things regarding the neutral game.

Yosuke's kunai throws will beat out Aigis' 2B so keep in mind that Yosuke can bait and punish a 2B from Aigis while he's is the air. Additionally, his SB dash spring has projectile invincibility. As such, be extremely wary of Yosuke's meter. If he has at least 25 meter (which is not rare at all), throwing out any projectile is extremely risky.

One great way to deal with his counter is to use an immediate rising j.B on his wakeup. The counter will trigger but it will miss, giving you the punish opportunity.

If you see the air teleport activate then block low. You can react to any of the overhead options, but not the low, and the low is 5A punishable on block, no IB needed.