Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TagerTime

[CP] Iron Tager Changelog

Like, tap it and flying opponent is grounded. Hold it and it got Collider pull sideways.

Also, this:

... MAJESTIC pull? I have no idea what that means.

Well at any rate I guess we have J2C combos back.

Basically, it's so strong that it will also push Tager backwards, too, when he pulls enemies in with Gadget Finger.

Another repost:

A nice long post about Tager.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1345734856/10

- 6B can be jump-canceled.

- 6A lost its jump cancel… again.

- Crush Trigger is an upward strike with the right hand wrapped in lightning. You can hold it, though it doesn’t have the pull. Hitting airborne opponents knocks them down, which you can follow up with a combo.

- CH 4D sends the enemy flying at a different trajectory

- j2C causes ground bounce on counter-hit

- j360C keeps the jump’s momentum until you start charging it. When you do, Tager stops in midair, and then falls straight down.

- You can combo after Grand Punishment with a Rapid Cancel.

- Seems like Tager can’t use OD to cancel in combos?

Some valid combo parts:

- 6B > 6C > 2D. Can follow up with Rapid Cancel.

- 2C > Crush Trigger > 5B

- Collider > diagonal Spark Bolt > 5C > 6B > jB > jC > Grand Punishment. jC can be switched for jD.

- 5C > straight Spark Bolt > 5C > 6B > jB > jC > Grand Punishment

- (in the corner) 6B > 6C > 5D > B Sledge > Hammer > 5B > 4D > 4D. Seems to miss on Carl.

- (in the corner, with magnetism) 6A > 3C > Collider whiff > 6B > 6C > jB > jC > Grand Punishment. Deals about 3500 damage.

(in the corner) 6B > 6C > 5D > B Sledge > Hammer > 5B > 4D > 4D. Seems to miss on Carl.

Mother of god, 5D > Bsldge on an air hit? That's pretty freaking sweet. Guessing 5D doesn't knock away in quite the same manner as before, or that they can't tech the floor slide or something. Also, what's with 2C > CT > 5B? You can use CTs in combos?

The way I see it, you launch the enemy with 2C, knock them down with CT, and pick them up with 5B. Doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

Everyone is playing around with CT in combos. Seems to be Hakumens best launcher atm.

Nice to have something to put after 2C that isn't collider. Also leads onto the possibility of some lulzy troll combos. 2C hits a downed valkenhayn and Rachel, so [2C > CT]x4 ftw?

Shame though that GP doesn't chain to Gadget. Someone mentioned that magnetized time got shorter, so I am not sure if JD > GP is enough.

Just some enlarged video clips from the new vids.

Overdrive freezes time. I cant believe we still dont know what upgrades overdive 720, MTW or TB has gotten.

OD buffer 720

At first i thought it was terrible to give Tager his old CT 5D back untill i saw this combo. I hope 5D can cancel to gadget, since it grounds them, and pulls them back to us midscreen for a combo.

5D>Bsledge combo

JD wallbounds and normal 4D wallbounds on air hit only.

JD and 4D air hit wallbound

Huge stagger if they dont block crush trigger

Crush trigger not blocking

Thank god command grabs are still free after a guard crush

Crush trigger guard crush

Spinning knockback and ground slide on air hit

New air hit 2D

Sucks about the 2nd collider in this combo

AA spark combo

Well, suddenly it seems that mid-combo magnetism is suddenly very easy. 4D wallbound, 5D air hit into Bsledge, J.D into landing combo, greater flexibility with spark bolt usage.

So it seems 5B is a crush trigger move too. That's actually pretty awesome.

So overdrive buffering still stayed from loketest 1 to loketest 2. That's good to see.

To be honest, loketest 2 feels the same as loketest 1. Am I wrong Isuna? It seems like they kept it the same, but its the players that started finding combos and such that it just feels a little different.

So it seems 5B is a crush trigger move too. That's actually pretty awesome.

I really hope that you mean 6B.

So overdrive buffering still stayed from loketest 1 to loketest 2. That's good to see.

To be honest, loketest 2 feels the same as loketest 1. Am I wrong Isuna? It seems like they kept it the same, but its the players that started finding combos and such that it just feels a little different.

Seems like loketest 2 is really close to second build of loketest 1, from the little I can tell. But keep in mind that first loketest was only in Tokyo, so they might be testing "loketest 1" in rest of Japan this time.

I guess and cross my fingers that next loketest is a big change over again.

Can a mod please change the thread title from wishlist to changelist? Thanks.

I tried to compile all the changes in the first post. ill add the rest of the videos to the first post later.

Last couple of things from the videos.

Eventhough AC has weaker pull off of the ground it has much stronger pull from out of the air. Watch this video to see the difference.

AC mag

Standing 5D is like Calamity Trigger 5D. There grounded so fast we better be able to cancel right into gadget and pull them back to us for a combo midscreen

changed standing 5D

New grounded counter hit 4D stagger. Does anyone know if CH 5D has chaned as well?

new grounded CH 4D

Example of gadgets majestic pull

stronger gadget mag

I really hope that you mean 6B.

I meant 5B, saw it used in that way. Although if I'm reading the hype right, any normal can be used to cancel into a CT.

Also, Tagertime, AC was never able to pull grounded people. What's probably happening is that they've increased the attraction force, but had it startup slightly later, meaning 3C > AC whiff won't have as much time to pull them as hard and it will be trying to pull them later on in their fall, i.e. when they've moving faster downwards.

The changes are pretty interesting.

2C untech time increase is pretty good.

The description for OD really changed to it being a constant magnetic pull when the opponent is magnetized...what happened to the forced magnetization?

Now they should just combine the two versions of OD. This one doesn't really help against hit-and-run characters like the last one did, even with the electricity gauge fill and new effects on the moves.

Confirmed Magnatized combos from jbbs without using fatal or overdrive:

5A>5B>5C>6A>3C>Collider whiff>6B>6C>Collider>Gadget 3034 damage, 64 heat

5C>6A>3C>Koreda sky>6B>6C>J2C>2B>2C>Koreda>Spark>Wheel>Terra Break 6555 Damage

Sooooo Delicious!!! :yaaay:

Now they should just combine the two versions of OD. This one doesn't really help against hit-and-run characters like the last one did, even with the electricity gauge fill and new effects on the moves.

I agree that they should combine them but did you see this part?

OD: Has a slight, constant pull on magnetized opponents. Pull is around that of or slightly more than a held 6A when you just start holding it. It also changes the various D moves.

I've seen that, but the strength of the pull doesn't really matter here. They can still wait for the magnetism to wear off, like they always do. Though I guess they could do the same with the previous version of the OD.

Now that I actually think about it for a bit, I guess that it's still great, but will be activated in different cases.

I updated the first post with all the new information from the latest 11/7 loketest.

Mods Please change thread title from Wishlist to Changelist.

It has been done.

I don't know what to think about this changes, on one hand, they sound interesting, but on the other one, i am afraid that they make the same mistake over past iterations where they hope that the gimmicks help him compensate for his lack of real solid tools

The changes mostly focus on combos it seems.

2D having SMP is weird to me until you realize it slides on air hits and they are strict on Tager having loops.

He got a j.2C fatal which is freaking awesome.

I really want to know how huge the untech time is on his 2C.

If it is nearly as good as his CH 2C then we have some real potential.

I just want more invul on 2C really.