Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CP] Arakune Technical and Gameplay Discussion Thread

I've been trying to learn this character in 1.1 and was hoping to main him in 2.0........But all this sadness, is Arakune the new Makoto?

Same, called it too.

And Arakune is the only character I would use in this game. If he is really going to look this bad in the future and I need to rely on 100% gimmicks or unreliable set ups with little reward and high risk, i'm just gonna move on from this game all together. 5D being jump cancellable and C bug guard crush are the only things I am looking forward to. T

No, he's not the new Makoto. But there are better choices than him if this is how they are keeping him. I mean, he's very hard to curse with now, recurse is very situational, and curse meter doesn't even last long. LOL But then again, I haven't watched much 2.0 kune so I am going to have to wait until the semester is over to spend time reviewing the new Arakune. Something tells me I will be pissed.

Everything I predicted has been true thus far.

Mix up is ruined.

Damage nerfed.

Pre curse game is situational.

New f.g sucks.

He got some cool stuff with recurse, zoning and midscreen curse building, but curse is so unrewarding, it's not worth it. He can't get more than 4k without meter or lol 5d, and the cross up game is too conditional, especially with c bug being so slow.

I long since decided to move to Kagura/Bang. The main reason I'm still here is to share my knowledge on the character. I really feel that no one knows him better than I do in the states.

Haha maybe one day I'll compose a full video of everything I know about him. That'll be a hell of a project.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mk5KMmd8kzg

He doesn't look too bad in this.

Mid - screen combos getting pretty great amount of curse and actually decent damage and corner carry.

I'm not really an expert on the character though(Hell, I'm struggling SO BAD trying to learn him right now), but he it looks pretty OK.

Who, what? Why's everyone skulking?

Ah, whatever. Arakune was never the easiest character to win with regardless. We'll work with what we got, just hope it doesn't go too far down the deep end. 

Arakune was easy to win with in CS, just hard to use.

I feel he's easier to use now in CP, but harder to win with.

If it weren't for Nu, Arakune would have been the god of CT. Oh, 1 hit curse, where art thou now?

Ah, the CT days. Though honestly, I actually like CS Arakune the best. Losing One hit curse was sad but getting bigger, badder bugs were better. But I do agree with Jacope that CS Arakune was easy to win with. Especially in Extended since starting a combo with 2C meant 9~10K, it wasn't rare for the match to end before the timer hit 80.

Also, do we choose a new moderator since Skye's abandoning Arakune as well (chuckles)?

Actually, by a show of hands or messages, who still plays Arakune and that's online frequently. To be honest, I know only Jacope, HellGraver, DivdedXZero (west coast so never tried against him) and Honda_Bull (once). Plus, I've never seen the whole lot that's lurking around here.

Haha, perhaps one day I'll hang up my bees for good and one of you can replace me.

I hated CS Arakune, his precurse game did not match my preferred play style, you had to be too evasive. After CT Arakune just went through more and more phases of precurse being more stable at the expense of curse being weaker. Except here I wouldn't consider CP2 Arakune precurse to be particularly stronger than 1.0/1.1, but it's no doubt curse is definitely weaker. It's worse than 1.0, and 1.0 was manageable.

Don't worry guys, he'll do better in CPE :lol:

Also Arakune's always been a shitty character, I don't know why you only noticed until now, ever since CP came out he's been weak as fuck, now he's just different, once again. No idea why somebody would jump ship now since he's been crap ever since CP came out.

Arakune's the only interesting character to me in this game anyways, the only way for me to stop playing Blazblue is if they remove him from the cast, I love the character too much. For everything else there's Guilty Gear :eng101:

Also I mainly play offline with friends because my internet is so shit right now, and I also live in Mexico. I have to try and get a better connection once Xrd comes out, wich I'll also use for CP2 of course.

Don't worry guys, he'll do better in CPE :lol:

Also Arakune's always been a shitty character, I don't know why you only noticed until now, ever since CP came out he's been weak as fuck, now he's just different, once again. No idea why somebody would jump ship now since he's been crap ever since CP came out.

Arakune's the only interesting character to me in this game anyways, the only way for me to stop playing Blazblue is if they remove him from the cast, I love the character too much. For everything else there's Guilty Gear :eng101:

Comrade!!

Skye said it better than anyone about Arakune's pre curse and curse game in CP2. Dreadful. There's more to it than the character changing. If they changed Arakune completely, by all means i'd welcome it if it were viable changes and then I would look forward to starting from scratch since it feels like it'd be worth learning this character and representing it at a competitive level. But this is not the case, so what exactly do you not understand about everyone's reaction here? Arakune in 1.0 and 1.2 were manageable in both aspects of pre curse and curse in comparison to what is coming.

Ugh, CS was boring, period. And Arakune just had too much stuff to learn about, but required little to no skill that people would just pick Arakune, do stuff with him, then win. It was ridiculous and something that discouraged me from taking the game seriously if Arakune, the character I wanted to main, is everyone favorite pocket character. Really, where did all the Arakune's in the CS days go to? Exactly. 

In regards to the Moderator position if Skye leaves, I would be interested. My offline tournament presense has declined a bit ever since I started school and only play online on weekends, but my knowledge of Arakune is still on par and developing every week I get some sessions in. I have spent a year writing notes about this character.

If I am made moderator, I promise I will take the time to take CP2 Arakune seriously in aspects of compiling everything about him in this version. This is the way it will have to go since there's no other way but Arakune for me. :lol:

But we will miss you, Skye.

I would like to try moderator myself, but I have no knowledge of frames, techs and such.

If the moderators job only equals keeping the thread in line and hunting down people who make crappy comments that are unrelated to the thread, then yeah, I'd like to try it. I have the time and leniency to do such. I mean, how hard can it be.  

If the moderators job only equals keeping the thread in line and hunting down people who make crappy comments that are unrelated to the thread, then yeah, I'd like to try it.

That's basically it, I don't even know why the mods get so pissy at the few shit comments that get made in this forum at all, there's like a maximum of 10 per day that could be considered actual shitposting and NEED to be deleted.

Everybody can contribute providing information or discussing a character's weakness and strengths and whatever. Mods are basically janitors that don't get dirty.

LOL, if that is the extent of the mod job then never mind. XD I'm fine just discussing with you guys. But I rest my case about Kune in 2.0.

I was looking forward to making a thread with a lit of stuff but I think i'll save on streaming equipment to make a Arakune tutorial.

Something I have wanted to do for a long time. Before 2.0 in the US gets announced. :o

That's basically it, I don't even know why the mods get so pissy at the few shit comments that get made in this forum at all, there's like a maximum of 10 per day that could be considered actual shitposting and NEED to be deleted.

Everybody can contribute providing information or discussing a character's weakness and strengths and whatever. Mods are basically janitors that don't get dirty.

I was going for gardener :)

I just want to be a mod in Shaq Fu forum I keep begging them too make.....

Anyways, that tutorial sounds like it would be awesome, Arakune is just a weird character. His mobility is awkward, his zoning is awkward, his mindgames are awkward, his combos are awkward, well atleast for me lol....But I kinda like it, during those short moments where I kinda feel like I know how to use him, I'm having a blast.

It's ok guys, I'm still here. Arakune was not a shitty character, except for CS2 and CP, and CP was only because of the dominating top tiers.

The thing that balanced Arakune was curse, horrifying mix up, big damage, both of which he lost in CP2. That, Mumm Ra, is the straw that broke the camel's back.

How about we wait more than a month before deeming a character as the worst ever, rest in piece? I see arakune still doing good damage (6k without supers), and about mixups, you know that he basically only lost ioh jc (supposedly I swear I saw it hit once), and a slower c bug (wich we'll be able to adapt to, remember how slow d bug was in cs1?). 6A seems way faster now, and like Darret said before, j.B can still be used as an ioh, does it lead to the same damage as j.C? Maybe not so, but it's still real fast (faster even?) and it still is good damage.

The only real nerf is the curse values and how much meter the c and d bugs take. Recovery on cloud and spider seems way faster, wich makes zoning better, a and b bugs use almost no curse meter (they obviously want us to use them as the primary lockdown tools) and there's still up to 90 curse meterless combos.

I still have hope for the character, and even if it becomes the worse version of kune yet, I don't believe it'll end up being straight up bad.

I never said he's the worst character in the game, I'm saying he doesn't appear rewarding with all the work he has to put in. I wanna see these 6k meterless combos you're seeing, I saw one and the starter was 5d.

Also unless j.b got a hitbox buff, ioh j.b will be character specific.

I'm not the only one who thinks Arakune it's weaker, I've talked with eki-Chan and read comments from other Arakune players, they think he's really weak too.

Every other character has developed their own meta at this point, and I don't think Arakune is so complicated that he takes this long to find a comfort zone, this IS the comfort zone imo. How long do you want us to wait before discussing him as a character?

Has Fumo said anything? He's basically the only arakune that matters right now, also what happened to azure and hyoko? I've never been a big fan of eki chan, he's pretty much the same as VER, solid at best. What happened to Alice anyways? Did he finally commit seppuku for being so bad?

Also I wasn't aware that whining and talking about droping the character counted as discussion now ;)

So it has to be cherry eyed optimism and blind loyalty to count as a discussion?

Damn dude I think I found my replacement.

What fumo is saying, I believe it's that he is hauling ass to find tech and optimize stuff as well.