Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CP] Arakune Technical and Gameplay Discussion Thread

Hey man, can you tell me what OD does during curse? Does it make curse not end until OD itself ends, even if the curse meter depletes completely?

I will try to remember to test that next time I am at the arcade (in fact, I'll go jot it down in my notebook). I have pretty much been using my burst, to well, burst, because as mentioned before I am really bad at Arakune (and I haven't seen anyone else play him at the arcade yet).

So, yes. Even if the curse meter depletes completely as long as you are in OD mode the enemy remains cursed.

Also it seemed like, even though the curse meter was fully empty, when OD ended I went to being 50% of the way towards my next curse. Not 100% sure as to why.

Thanks for the info man, great job. So if curse ends during OD it refills 50% of your curse, can you see if you can get another 50% curse or something before OD ends to get 100% afterwards? Or could you check if you can do the Full recurse still?

Super low FoG>5B to reset the combo so it doesn't count at it being during curse.

What, it's stronger.

22abc gives him stronger air control, so fucks like Hazama can't just derp the night away (and Tager and Hakumen is on super lockdown, since the majority of their travel vs Arakune is in the air) and he has midscreen oki, thanks to the same move. OD attributes to this as well, going CT on everyone's asses. I can see how this alone can give him match up leverage.

On other notes to why I really like CP Arakune, his combos were re-worked to be easier, devaluing the need for dive cancels and timed IADs, his command teleports have, in my opinion, been buffed to appear more confusing and disorienting, helping him pre and during curse.

Not saying he's zomg too good for this game, but a stronger pre-curse will definitely help in the long run, and there is no doubt to me that he has just that.

What are your thoughts?

well he's probably the most underused character so far via what we've got on video, i saw fumo play one and he got blown up, but obviously we can't draw any conclusions from that so early, but we're still lacking a lot of information. We haven't seen OD used to anywhere near it's potential, but i think replacing gold burst with that probably weakens us so far since the reward was so high, and in a lot of cases can decide the match, also gives the opponent something to be concerned about with their oki (admittedly i still don't know what OD does exactly, pre curse it makes next curse move insta curse, or get 50% on block?). I think our gatlings are worse, especially losing jc > jd, and that coupled with move properties changing (5d can't be jump cancelled) means we can't get midscreen 100% meterless and without OD. I suppose our zoning game has improved with the new moves, and as i said before i think our invisibility game looks more fun cos we can keep them guessing with j6d or the spider move (is this an overhead?).

Those are my thoughts, maybe misinformed on some stuff, 2c looks better though, we can get meterless 100% curse from its wallstick i think?

EDIT: forgot to mention jb not being jump cancellable.

No doubt the nerfs hurt, and I saw fumo take one for the team as well, but remember everyone is still in the developmental phase. Just as we saw Fumo get blown up, we also saw some unnamed Arakune player completely dominate and run a win streak, it works both ways. j.c > j.d gone is alright with me, since it's replaced with a 40% ender, but I am personally going to miss 2b > 2a. On the other hand, I think his buffs will carry him more definitively than the nerfs will hinder him. My hype for pre-curse being stronger is definitely true, proven from even loketests, everyone is still finding their center, but I'm fairly optimistic that Arakune will be one of the better characters.

hopefully, i guess you have to take into consideration the majority of the cast has been nerfed as well by the sounds of it, and the system has changed so much it'll take a long time to see where everyone stands.

I personally think that it was the fact that the curse gauge was empty when the d bug struck.

I personally think that it was the fact that the curse gauge was empty when the d bug struck.
That's exactly what it was.

Because of the way curse works now, if I stick to Kune I'll attempt to reset with the last D bug Negative edge and try to re-curse.

If you leave the hive, you will be missed.

I'll always be here, so just haplessly endangered.

I just don't want to play a handicapped Kune in a game full of dumb ass characters.

I saw a Kune do J.B > J.A > Double Jump. B which looked like a nerfed J.B > J.B.

I just don't want to play a handicapped Kune in a game full of dumb ass characters.

I saw a Kune do J.B > J.A > Double Jump. B which looked like a nerfed J.B > J.B.

Well yeah, j.B isn't jump cancelable anymore, so it's gotta be j.A>IAD j.4B now, sadly. I think Arakune is still strong, but he got harder to use.

Did anyone say how much of the meter each bug use up? i remember c and d being lots so will we be doing lock down with a and b only? Also how useful does everyone think a±b will end up being?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q694Z_ycWaU&feature=youtu.be Here's a vid of VER having a best of 5 with shadow, looks like he's getting better with arakune, he's no souji or fumo imo but it's nice to see more footage of one of the better arakune's in japan.

"New Curse system

Duration lasts a bit longer than in Extend, but when bugs are summoned, curse meter is used up.

Here are the values that each bug uses up when used once. (These are estimates that I found by looking at them; the actual values are unknown)

A bug: 10%

B bug: 15%

C bug: 20%

D bug: 30%"