Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Loketest and Overall Changes

You know what's weird? They seem to have kept overhead on 236C being repeated, but not done once. How useless.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1337828367/424

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1337828367/422

A few changes and combos from the 2nd loketest. Although I have the portuguese translation, I don't have the time to translate them to english right now. But that seems more important for now:

-6B non-CH forces crouch, you can combo 6B->4D~A->5B

-After a Cat Encore, you can RC->2[C] FC->stuff

-j.8D follow ups are more difficult now. It seems that you can't follow up with j.C anymore and people are using j.C 3x->Cat 2 to end the combos.

Just to don't say that Tao didn't have changes at all in this last loketest:

-6B doesn't combo anymore like in the 2nd loketest.

-6C had SMP at some point (2nd or 3th loketest, dunno), but apparently they removed it.

-Tao's Crush Trigger has some big combo potential. 6C>CT>6C>4D~B>6C>Cat3>2D>j.6D>Cat2 ~5900dmg

-Tao's CA is 2C now (it was 5B in the previous loketest)

I think there's more stuff here and here, but I'm not sure.

Just to don't say that Tao didn't have changes at all in this last loketest:

-6B doesn't combo anymore like in the 2nd loketest.

-6C had SMP at some point (2nd or 3th loketest, dunno), but apparently they removed it.

-Tao's Crush Trigger has some big combo potential. 6C>CT>6C>4D~B>6C>Cat3>2D>j.6D>Cat2 ~5900dmg

-Tao's CA is 2C now (it was 5B in the previous loketest)

I think there's more stuff here and here, but I'm not sure.

Here you go~

Post 1: (Summary of changes)

・CA changed from 5B (prev loctest) to 2C.

・Throw followups are -

Normal throw>jDB>5C>2D>jD6>Cat2 (~3450)

Back throw>5B>5C>2D>jD6>Cat2 (~3200)

Air throw>5C>2D>jD6>Cat2 (~3240)

On air throw near corner, you can do things like Air throw>5DB>6C>Cat3

The combo mentioned in >>590 (Throw>>jD6>4DB~) doesn't work on all characters.

It works on Ragna/Bullet, but misses on Rachel.

If you swap out Cat2 for jCx2>Unison damage goes up by 500.

・Corner combo mentioned in >>590 works even off 2A starter. Damage was ~2400.

・Encore>rc>2C (max)>6C (max)>Cat3 doesn't always connect off 2A starter.

(It seems to work if you do 2A>5B>5C but turn blue if you do 2A>5B>5C>2C)

Probably not an issue off 5B, 2B starters. 5B starter and Cat2 ender does ~3700.

・jD still wall bounces on ch. jDch>hjC>8D6>Cat2 does ~2300

・Hexa does 1936 raw. It's under 2k...

・Confirmed buffs for Unison and Imma Beat(abbr.) during Almost Becoming Two. Both have increased hit counts and damage.

(Forgot specifics for Unison, but Imma Beat(abbr.) went from 40 hits, 2805 damage to 100 hits, ~3300 damage.)

・6B>Unison does ~2500, can also do 6B>Almost Becoming Two.

・The jA>jC>8DA(land)>2D~ pickup I was personally fond of can no longer be done.

Post 2: (Some stuff he forgot to mention in the last post)

・On 6C ch, if CT won't hit you can do 6C>Cat3>2D6>jC×2>8D6>Cat2 for ~3950

Please note that if you use these aerial parts in a corner combo, it will turn blue on around the 2nd hit of Cat2, even off 5B starter.

・It feels like Tao's 4D jump height has gotten shorter, and B routes from it have gotten faster.

Sorry guys for not following it but does she get buffed overall? I found for myself extend Tao to be the least interesting so far. Imo she's got to have either some nasty damage midscreen, or some nasty loops, otherwise she feels boring.

Tao was already one of the best characters of extended, it would be pretty silly if she was buffed lol...but I don't think she had much nerfs, specially because almost all cast got nerfed. I think what really hurt her is the 6A nerf (but it's pretty much an universal nerf to any character who could easily launch people midscreen, like Ragna's and Rachel's 6A and Valk [w]B) and that her mobility got a bit worse. Of course, AB2 being her overdrive makes is less abusable and risky...but I'm happy with this change cause I had the fear they would nerf AB2 so hard that it would be useless CT like (it really needed a nerf in csex). 236C being faster and bowling ball oki being useful are nice buffs and it seems that her damage is still good overall.

Now, if you want some big damage midscreen without using meter or a specific starter and some kind of loop...then you can give up Tao for good lol. I really doubt she can get any of those now because of her changes in extend and CP.

I wonder if I'll really have to give up on her. With this many sexy characters coming. Though I thought she'll be more fun to my tastes in CP. Guess we'll have to wait a bit more to see her in action.

Sorry guys for not following it but does she get buffed overall? I found for myself extend Tao to be the least interesting so far. Imo she's got to have either some nasty damage midscreen, or some nasty loops, otherwise she feels boring.

I feel the opposite. Loops are boring. And there should be conditions to doing better combos (like RC, crouch, CH, confirms, or the corner). That makes combos a lot more interesting imo.

But Taokaka is always fun and interesting because of her variety of movement options, not because of combos.

Taunt Loop was fun as hell and I miss having a comboable taunt :kitty:

Also, Tao's CP extra colors:

689922170.png?key=12501000&Expires=1353416807&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=OKDjuaJ3s9-KasPCt2cgj8dGtIQQF5x4ccVLr-rJ5MeRwisuobYldUniK0SjTjNucTwdOGpaVYUPVaxjpYhmADLONWjycfsH1kGXyNKml6E5~sFoEkLtWgGG-WJRWZIL6INbGjTwTE8mJNlrewRWAlcnwxGdlOMCJ-puDwSDLKY_

I like color 7, 9, 12, 13, 14 and 16 :kitty: Teddie color is damn horrible lol.

I feel the opposite. Loops are boring. And there should be conditions to doing better combos (like RC, crouch, CH, confirms, or the corner). That makes combos a lot more interesting imo.

But Taokaka is always fun and interesting because of her variety of movement options, not because of combos.

taunt combos were fun though. D:

I like the fact that she's not limited to one combo route anymore but I wish we could get some sort of knockdown back. Anyway I partially share the same thoughts as CryingVoid. CSEX Tao is strong but I got quickly bored of her. I am not sure whether I'll stick with her in CP, we'll see.

All colors besides 10 is mine. Tao players can all eat double dicks and pay pal MM if they want permission to use the other colors.

All colors besides 10 is mine. Tao players can all eat double dicks and pay pal MM if they want permission to use the other colors.

*Gets wallet out* how much

That sounds like the complete opposite for me, she is the most interesting in Extend, there were way to much repetition in CS and CSII, I found all of Extend combos hype and they do good damage. So far I don't anything too bad with Tao in CP, but what I've seen of the loktest vids aren't showing much.

Sorry to ask, what is #15 meant to be?

It's supposed to be Teddie (Kuma) from Persona 4.

Since there's no CP official thread, I'll post this here anyway:

From Tao Jbbs:

6C->CT->6C->4D->6C->Cat3->2D->J.2D~C->JC>Unison (6273 dmg). Basically, the damage is still the same as the 4th loketest.

Yea its definitely Kuma, also Zoular never be sorry to ask a question as I enjoy answering.

Riku how is the new super in combos?

6C->CT->6C->4D->6C->Cat3->2D->J.2D~C->JC>Unison (6273 dmg). Did anyone see this on stream yesterday?

Changes I have seen so far.

-Fully Charged 5C forces standing

-The first hit of 236C is now a mid (stay free XDest)

-6C wall sticks

-Counter Assault is now 2C

-Air Super is gdlk

I actually said the 236C thing a couple pages back. So I knew :3

Also, cat spirit encore is good for oki and resets. People are generally sacrificing corner combo damage to end in it.

5C fully charges fast and combos into 6C easily. So anything near-corner shouldn't need crouch confirm anymore. 5C->6C and 2C->6C will still combo on crouch and ch just like EX though.

Encore is amazing because when you sacrificed the damage for oki in EX you got like 2.4K at best for a ground tech and real oki options (Corss Under, IAD, fake cross under, etc.). You could get 3K, but then you would have to let your opponent tech low to the ground and it just wasn't as effective. Something interesting I saw was either encore being barrier canceled on whiff or 2B being barrier canceled on whiff in match not to long ago. It was a really funky way to get under an opponent above you and recoverd really fast.

CP has heeded my demands and is now punishing the VERMIN that use 236C as an overhead, can't do manly hit confirms and use terrible colors.

I'm not mad about 236C actually, I just laughed whenever anyone got hit by it. We seem to have more options on our up-close game anyways now. No need for silly things like that.

It still looks like manly hit confirms are still possible from what I've seen. Colour buffs are the best buffs we could have got.

Yes, because J.4D is now 2 hits instead of just one. The first hit brings them down with you and the second hit pushes them towards the corner.

+Tao now gains some meter back during AB2

+6B forces crouching and combos into cat unison

+J-8D-B cancel is much faster/has less recovery (she can do two of them before landing)

+Charge times for all C moves decreased

+Crush trigger starter gains it's meter back and leads to 4K

+Maximum damage of throws has been buffed

-Universal Anti-air float nerf stayed

I post these to make Hazama/Bang/MU/Ragna players salty/extra butt hurt