Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CP] Tsubaki Changes and Discussion

Looking at the changes to many other characters thus far, it seems Tsu's doing pretty good all things considered.

I hope Tsu comes out as top tier this iteration so I can get called a bandwagoning tier whore.

That would be amazingggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Realized where the Overdrive confusion came from. Fixed it in the OP.

EDIT: I know right J? Though there are some (very few but I've seen them) who think Tsubaki is already top tier in Extend lol.

I'm really hoping they DON'T stick with the whole "overdrive makes you do more damage" idea (which is currently listed with a ? everywhere I've seen it anyway) because, frankly, I think it's much more interesting as a character specific mechanic than as a "push all four buttons to increase the damage of your next combo by 20%" mechanism.

Looking at the changes to many other characters thus far, it seems Tsu's doing pretty good all things considered.

I hope Tsu comes out as top tier this iteration so I can get called a bandwagoning tier whore.

Yeah, the changes feel pretty nice to me. A command grab was one of the things I really wanted, honestly.

Tsubaki is already top tier

Words I never thought I would see

Btw here is the post

A昇竜削除したんだから流石にC昇竜に無敵つけるだろとは思うとは思うが・・・怖いな

Goodness knows the poor girl deserves it. Two games of being a bad character, and one game of being a decent-but-autopilot character. It would really fit the story that "Dark" Tsubaki ain't playing around anymore too.

And yeah, hopefully Overdrive is more tame like HD-mode than X-Factor. It's looking like they really want some characters to gain more combo options in Overdrive mode. It's kind of hard to see what direction they want to take with the game; so many changes.

No one "deserves" to be top tier and you all know it. It'd be nice if she was good, but come on now.

Well, maybe "deserves" is too much, but it would certainly be nice to not be "that character everyone forgets is in the select screen".

Well, maybe "deserves" is too much, but it would certainly be nice to not be "that character everyone forgets is in the select screen".

That's more fair. I'm just slightly "eh" about that after what Akira-Shiro said in the Carl subforum, lol.

That's more fair. I'm just slightly "eh" about that after what Akira-Shiro said in the Carl subforum, lol.

Fill in those of us who don't routinely read the Carl subforum?

Fill in those of us who don't routinely read the Carl subforum?

There's a lot of posts, and

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13697-BBCSEX-Carl-Clover-Gameplay-Discussion-Questions-Help&p=1367386&viewfull=1#post1367386

You could just start reading from here

I mean, it wouldn't exactly have been difficult to find what I was talking about

Waiting on more information/changes to be announced. Knowing Tsubaki's DP C has more invincibility is already good news for me.

Read in the latest pages of the BBCP discussion thread that you can now tech just by holding a button ala P4U.

Thank god.

Read in the latest pages of the BBCP discussion thread that you can now tech just by holding a button ala P4U.

Thank god.

I didn't even know that was a feature in P4A.

Spiffy.

And yet, we still need to shake out of ice.

Again.

Two steps forward and one step back, every time I tell ya.

I didn't even know that was a feature in P4A.

Spiffy.

Again.

Two steps forward and one step back, every time I tell ya.

I hadn't even stopped to think how far at odds those two design decisions are. Arc Sys. Your left hand needs to have a conversation with your right hand.

Again.

They made an exception for Titsuru. Though it's also possible that Atlus could have asked for it back since they also worked with them on the game. But this is a topic for another place~

Words I never thought I would see

Btw here is the post

This translates more like:

If they got rid of 623A, then surely they added invincibility to 623C, surely.. scary...

I haven't yet personally seen anything to indicate that 623C has invulnerability, fwiw. It would be logical.

I suppose a read it a bit wrong, guess the hypes getting to me. And as for the invul. on 623C, I'm positive I saw it yesterday when looking at the bbs. But in any case I'd rather not search again and make another mistake with my limited skills in Japanese.

more info. didn't see this one earlier.

623C214A(w) j.C seems impossible, but 5C will hit. similar to 623B whiff combo in EX.

5B's whiff recovery feels the same

2C is faster?

Combos:

5A>5BB>2BB>5CC>236A>214B(floats)>22B (max charge) 1500

from 5B 1800

Walking forward is slow, initial dash speed is slow

Back throw leaves them standing near you, similar to CS1 throw. Don't know about forward throws.

Command throw whiff recovery seems short, maybe the same as a normal throw

2D and 5D are about equal to EX 5D.

Start of round 2, an overdrive gave about 3.5 charges.

Projectile is like Jin's C ice blade, starts slow and speeds up

j.236D projectile's effect changed, kinda like an electric ball. maybe there's something with that?

Def. no info on 623C having invuln on jbbs, it's all just speculation.

I'll probably check again in 3-4 hours.

Come here BJ, I'm going to give you a bear hug.

more jbbs, think info comes from somewhere else originally. Not sure where else people talk about this stuff tbh. Besides twitter, and I don't know what twitters to follow.

Command throw has a quick startup, CH 2a > throw is green. (Since command throws can't be teched I'm guessing this just means it isn't a pink throw. Also, That makes it seem slower rather than faster).

Gives about 2 bars when you hit with it. If you RC, you can follow it up.

????

The command throw gives stocks? Or is there some other kind of bar in question here? 'cause. Wow.

If so, this thing will be super nice even if it IS just ~950 damage and an untechable throw.

If that's true then it's major. 2 Charges is a hell of a lot to get instantly. And if we rapid we should have a good amount of charge to deal some damage everytime.

Come here BJ, I'm going to give you a bear hug.

more jbbs, think info comes from somewhere else originally. Not sure where else people talk about this stuff tbh. Besides twitter, and I don't know what twitters to follow.

Thanks a bunch again Errol. If you want I have the twitters for Spinoza, Konan, and Kuresu though I think Spinoza is the only one who's gone to the loketest (atm) looking at his timeline.