Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CP] Rachel Alucard Gameplay Discussion

people have said they're good against zoners so that's how I have tried to use them.

Like, if you have one pole between you and the enemy, and a pole near them, then if you use lotus you pretty much cover their options (say if you do it after a j236a is blocked). the close bat will give you an advantage with which to do something, the bat inbetween will prevent them from running straight at you or block a projectile. Still need to play with it more to say what options it really gives, what situations it helps in.

I'm not entirely if this is the right thread to ask, but here's my question. During your own time practicing or playing online which of the Lotus's did you feel benefited you best? For me it's been the A lotus (Beelze Lotus) because of it's homing properties.

B Lotus for sure. The corner carry and the situational level 2 j2Cs have been much more useful for me. I just don't use A Lotus all the much because of how weird it is. Been using Lotus as zoning a bit more recently. Pretty nice to frustrate the opponent if your lobelias are spaced nicely so they kind of stagger and buy you some time after activating it.

Was wondering, what FC combos should I be using with Rachel in real matches? I don't know what's the go to FC combo as of right now (meter or no meter).

Was wondering, what FC combos should I be using with Rachel in real matches? I don't know what's the go to FC combo as of right now (meter or no meter).

Good question. I've been using a pretty minced up version of the normal combo route after 5C FC.

With wind, I've been doing 5C (FC) > 214A > dash 2B > 5B > sj.8D > j.2CD (level 3) > (whatever summon/special) > dash 6A > 4B > dash 5B > 6A > 236A > dash 3C(1) > 214C > dash 5CC - 4058 damage

Without wind, I've been doing 5C (FC) > 214A > dash 5B > 6A > 4B > dash 5B > 6A > 236A > dash 3C(1) > 214C > dash 5CC - 3420 damage

I'm assuming there are better routes, though.

For Fatal punishes I just do 5C > 214A > (66) 2C > 5B > any normal launched opponent combo. Aside from the starting part of the combo being fatal doesn't change much.

Huge damage example

(Corner) 5C FC > 214A > (66) 2C > 5B > j.C > j.236A2D > 5B > j.C > j.236A2D > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > 4B > OD > 66 6A > BBL > 236A > 236A 8D > BBL 8k+

Ho, and there you go. Not sure why I didn't remember the 2C route existed after 5C FC, but hey, now I remember! :P

I'd rather use this combo in the corner:

5C FC > 214A > (dash) 2C > (frog) > 5CC > 6A > 236B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 5B > 6A > 4B > (OD) > dash 6A > BBL > (236A > 236A 8D > BBL)

Fairly easy and 0 wind, but character specific. So far, doesn't work on Valk.

5C FC > 214A > (dash) 2C > (frog) > 5CC > 6A > 236B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 5B > 6A > 4B > (OD) > dash 6A > BBL > (236A > 236A 8D > BBL)

Should I do 5CC during the frog or do I have to pause and do it as it ends? I'm having issues linking the 5B after 236B so I'm not sure if it's something about spacing or height. And since I'm already posting here, I had another question. Against Bang, I'm having issues with my combos on him. Mostly the combos involving 5B 6A 236A's followups. Should I be doing something for my combos or do I need to alter anything?

Edit: actually nvm on that Bang part.

Edit2: nvm on the FC combo. Just saw the vid with N-O doing it, so I'll just try it on Hazama first.

is there an online group or something where I can vent all my Rachel questions or it would be fine just to keep posting here? because I seriously need tons of help for this character :(

Should I do 5CC during the frog or do I have to pause and do it as it ends? I'm having issues linking the 5B after 236B so I'm not sure if it's something about spacing or height. And since I'm already posting here, I had another question. Against Bang, I'm having issues with my combos on him. Mostly the combos involving 5B 6A 236A's followups. Should I be doing something for my combos or do I need to alter anything?

If you can't get 5B after 236B (not sure who it works on), you can 5A in its place for less damage. Since the combo is for wind regen, it's not a huge issue if the damage goes down a little, I don't think.

is there an online group or something where I can vent all my Rachel questions or it would be fine just to keep posting here? because I seriously need tons of help for this character :(

We have a Skype, though I admit I'm not sure if it's still active. Personally, I'm on IRC all the time and not Skype, but I'm not sure about the others.

Against Bang, I'm having issues with my combos on him. Mostly the combos involving 5B 6A 236A's followups. Should I be doing something for my combos or do I need to alter anything?

Just curious, what was your solution to hitting this combo on Bang? I'm also having some trouble...

If you can't get 5B after 236B (not sure who it works on), you can 5A in its place for less damage. Since the combo is for wind regen, it's not a huge issue if the damage goes down a little, I don't think.

I'll try that next then just to see. Just after I get the earlier FC combo down on characters that it works on..

Just curious, what was your solution to hitting this combo on Bang? I'm also having some trouble...

For corner off of B starter you can do for example

5B > 5CC > 6A > 5A (2) > 6A > 236A > 6A > 4B > 3C frog/pumpkin

5B > 5CC > 6A > 4B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 3C frog/pumpkin

Second one is easier and does just slightly more. First one is just like the usual Rachel combo with 2 6A's, it's just you have to delay the 236A a tiny bit for that one to work.

For midscreen frog starter (if they happen to just not block)

frog > 5B > 6A > 4B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 3C > 214C> 5CC

Midscreen combos involving 5BD > 6A etc or converting air hit confirms into ground combos all work the same like how it would on any other character. It's just a little more strict. For corner combos with j.A starters, I don't know the best one. Been doing j.2AD > j.B > 5B > 5CC > 6A > 4B > 3C oki. The only problem is you're not able to get a lobelia out with that one.

For corner combos with j.A starters, I don't know the best one. Been doing j.2AD > j.B > 5B > 5CC > 6A > 4B > 3C oki. The only problem is you're not able to get a lobelia out with that one.

I've been doing j.2AD > j.B > 5B > 5CC > 5B > 6A > 236A > 3C

This gives a pole and is probably about the same damage. You really can't get much off of a j.A starter.

I need to get used to doing j.2AD > j.B > dj > j.BAC instead of j.2AD > j.B > dj > j.ABC for the much better starter from that mixup.

Couldn't get this to work on Arakune, Carl, Hakumen, Jin, Kokonoe, Platinum and Valkenhayn.

Messing around with 5C FC corner combos on Ragna:

5C FC > 214A > (dash) 2C > (frog) > 5CC > 6A > 236B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 5B > 6A > 4B > (OD) > dash 6A > BBL > 236A > 236A 8D > BBL 8167 dmg

Character specific. Does not work on Arakune, Carl, Hakumen, Jin, Kokonoe, Platinum and Valkenhayn?

5C FC > 214A > (dash) 2C > (frog) > 5CC > j.C > j.236A > 3D > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > 4B > (OD) > dash 6A > BBL > 236A > 236A 8D > BBL 8088 dmg (8568 dmg with rod in corner)

Even works on Kokonoe as (frog) > 5CC wallsticks high enough for j.C to connect. Not tested but I'm guessing universal.

5C FC > 214A > (dash) 2C > (frog) > 5B > j.C > j.236A > 2/3D > 5B > j.C > j.236A > 2D > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > 4B > (OD) > dash 6A > BBL > 236A > 236A 8D > BBL 7868 dmg

Pretty certain I was getting max damage off this. More wind and less damage then previous combo. Only listed because claimed to get over 8k damage.

5C FC > 214A > (dash) 2C > (frog) > 5CC > j.C > j.236A > 3D > 5B > j.C > j.236A > 2D > 5B > 6A > 236A > dash 6A > BBL 5706 dmg

Biggest damage I found without OD and only 50 meter.

I guess these should actually go in the combo thread, but at least it's relevant to the discussion here.

I've been doing j.2AD > j.B > 5B > 5CC > 5B > 6A > 236A > 3C

This gives a pole and is probably about the same damage. You really can't get much off of a j.A starter.

I need to get used to doing j.2AD > j.B > dj > j.BAC instead of j.2AD > j.B > dj > j.ABC for the much better starter from that mixup.

I mean against Bang though. That's the normal corner j.A starter I use, but that combo is very inconsistent on him.

I mean against Bang though. That's the normal corner j.A starter I use, but that combo is very inconsistent on him.

Just went into training mode to test this out. If you land an S starter, you can do something like this, though I'm not sure if it's optimal: (Corner, S starter) > x hit > 5B > 5CC > dash 5B > 6A > 4B > delay 236A > 3C > oki

The 4B will both get Bang out of his wall-stuck animation and bounce him high enough to combo into a late 236A and get oki. Needs the 5B before 6A > 4B, though, or you won't have the right bounce height.

Thanks, going to try that tomorrow and get used to it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the best we could get on him as far as S starters go.

I hope she gets her button nose smashed with the nerf bat come cp2. Rachel got it in ct and now it's this girl's turn. Make her so crippled she can't even take a leak.

I don't know exactly what the deal with gods garden is, but it's related to that. If he doesn't get at least 3rd in the next online gods garden, he won't be doing any more online gods garden and hence won't be going to gods garden in July of next year. But if he does end up in that gods garden, he will be playing Kokonoe. But if he doesn't he might not end up playing her.

If he does switch he's not going to be playing Rachel much anymore, it seems.

there was an online gods garden thing over the weekend. Dunno exactly what they are doing with these things, but I guess it was the completion of one of these online gods gardens. I guess before was qualifiers and main event was on the weekend.. I suppose they'll be doing several more of these culminating in an offline event in July.

It was 300 yen on nico to get access to the event, which I did and watched it. Not sure if those videos will be coming up on here since it's a paid thing. You can guess the results though I guess.

If he does switch he's not going to be playing Rachel much anymore, it seems.

If true, this would be the worst thing Kokonoe has ever done.

I'm sure he won't give up on her, I know he loves her. But yeah he got 2nd in the last OnGods, beat everyone but got bodied by Tsujikawa's Kokonoe. It seems this matchup is almost unwinnable at top level. This would also be the case with ~90% of the cast lol.

It just sucks how badly Kokonoe can mess up the neutral game against Rachel. It just feels extremely worse when Kokonoe faces Rachel in neutral compared to Kokonoe's other matchups :/ (besides Tager, since that looks really awful). And even with oki, Rachel doesn't feel in control as she would on other characters' knockdown. Disappointed if N-O ever does switch, even if it's only temporary. Guess he feels that it's pointless to stick with it for this version.