Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru VS Chie Satonaka

Anybody with ideas for this matchup?

I really feel that this might actually be Mitsuru's worst matchup in this game because her options off a sweep whether blocked or hit stuff most of Mitsuru's game due to her slow normals that don't cover the range right above her head. Half of Chie's buttons also low-profile most things as well and she has much better mobility and range than Akihiko.

Anybody with ideas for this matchup?

I really feel that this might actually be Mitsuru's worst matchup in this game because her options off a sweep whether blocked or hit stuff most of Mitsuru's game due to her slow normals that don't cover the range right above her head. Half of Chie's buttons also low-profile most things as well and she has much better mobility and range than Akihiko.

Nowhere near Mitsuru's worst match up. You can poke Chie out all day with j.A, 5A, 2B, 5D, 2D and Coup

Nowhere near Mitsuru's worst match up. You can poke Chie out all day with j.A, 5A, 2B, 5D, 2D and Coup

Yeah pretty much.

When she gets in, that's when you should start being careful. She has amazing pressure and her jabs beat almost everything you got up close. You gotta be patient and wait for an opening, Mitsuru's DP is very risky but if you can at least make them respect you enough to be a little less aggressive, then its worth throwing out once or twice imo.

At least that's how I deal with the MU.

How do I force Chie to respect Mitsuru's options? It seems to me that every Chie player I fight against just goes in and I'm forced to block every high/low and left/right she throws out me. The most I can do to stop her pressure is either burst or wait for a gap in her blockstrings and DP. Any help would be appreciated.

Play better? You can't really complain about Chie doing her Chie thing. Any specifics on how she's getting in? And please dont say meteors because thats everyones problem. It really just sounds like you're not keeping her out with Mitsuru's godlike poking and range.

i agree, her with aigis are by far mitsuru hardest fights. although chie is easier than aigis ( trust me, it isn't that easier ), that shouldn't make you sleep on her any less. chie 2a straight up disrespect mitsuru 5a. most solid chie's like to run up and 2a since it beats 5a and kill sweep during its start up frames, so mitsuru only counter is predict dp ( super risky ) or 4b, 5b, or 6b. and far jump in 5a lose to dash 2a too. but you can remedy this with j.b but obviously it doesn't have the range of j.a.

man, this match up is pretty tough lol. and once chie gets mitsuru in the corner, well....good luck is all i can say.

EDIT: 5d also loses hard to run, so try now to use it much unless they don't expect it.

this is mitsuru's hardest matchup imo

you whiff once/hesitate/misjudge midscreen > chie gets in for free

chie pressure is extremely safe, and because mitsuru has a slow 5a/2a, you have to do something risky to try to get out of pressure

mitsuru CA is average at best and can be easily baited

thankfully you can do wake up 2b vs 5dd knockdown midscreen but all chie needs to do is delay it and it will still hit

on the other hand, mitsuru is still mitsuru and she can control horizontal range really well, being able to convert random hits into damage is super important, since chie will convert random hits into sweep/AoA into the appropriate mixup follow up