Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jourdal

[P4A] Mitsuru VS Labrys

How Do I Get Labrys Off Me? My Friend Plays Her And I Can't Seem To Get Him Off When His Pressuring Me I Would Like To Throw in A Poke But I Don't Know When.Maybe I Don't Know How To Fight Her Yet,Any Advice,Would Be Nice Thank You.

I actually would like help with this matchup as well. It seems that her axe beats my pokes and her super does an absurd amount of damage when she punishes a misplaced D move.

I actually would like help with this matchup as well. It seems that her axe beats my pokes and her super does an absurd amount of damage when she punishes a misplaced D move.

I've been having a relatively easy time with Labrys in this regard.

Labrys 5A is such short range, and MT's 5a has craaazy range as we know.

Is she using the 5B axe? that can be easily punished with a j.B just gotta watch for the overhead crushing your face. As for a misplaced D, MT's 5D attack is very risky I feel, and really is for mindgames more than spamming (but I'm not 1k+ psn player). I find against Labrys that using the 5D is generally a terrible idea. Labrys has a really hard time rushing MT down because of the range difference, no reason to bring Labrys closer to you/give her an opening.

Labrys has some tough air attacks, the B (I think) goes through MT's 2B, but if you ever get scared, just use The Box and you will get out safely. The Box is MT's best tool, use it!

Don't forget about A coup droit as well, it may seem to be a bad idea, but if you range Labrys right, you can actually get right into that sweet spot where Labrys has to use the slow-as-fuck 5B instead of the tiny-as-fuck 5A to start a combo.

Just a few cents from someone else learning the mighty MT!

Her pressure seems really safe from a glance. FA is my only consistent way out of it personally. Spend the 50sp after counterhit FA to cancel into bufudyne to make it hurt. I also have a very tough time anti-airing her jB. I switched to using air to air jA into jC instead, which doesn't net me much but gets her to stop airdashing in mindlessly.

2AB has also done me well in certain neutral situations to go under some of her attacks. Besides staying on top of her and playing around her many reversals to punish with counterhit combos, I really don't know much about this matchup.

EX overhead also annoys the crap out of me.

Staying on the ground for most of the match has allowed me to do better in this matchup, but I'm still having trouble. It feels like Labrys' pressure is ridiculous, her reward for derping is huge because of her super, and most Labrys players mash guard point moves when you try to meaty or frame trap anything... wat do?

Unless I missing one, I believe the only moves of Labrys's with guard point is her DP, Beast supers and AoA (which starts pretty late). You should be able to easily beat her DP on reaction with a DP of your end if you can't block in time. The supers are supers so they shouldn't be a problem and AoA has guard point so late it shouldn't be able to be used to get out of good pressure.

Her pressure is good at higher axe levels but her mix-up isn't that great without RC (or cross-overs and throws) so you shouldn't be mixed-up that often. Though do be mindful of her frame traps since they really hurt at red axe level.

Kind of agree with you about combos ending with D super but it doesn't do much damage until it is high axe levels and it uses it all up so she is at a disadvantage if it didn't kill you and end the match.

You're honestly telling me to mash DP when she uses her DP? That works? Huh... gonna have to try that.

You don't even have to mash DP against her DP, it's only if you block late. Labry's DP has a guard point and comes out slow so in most cases you can flat out react to it and block.

Your 2B beats Lab's j.B clean unless you're horribly mistiming it or they're going for a deep crossup in which case just DP lol

Nothing beats Lab's iAD j.B if done really early. Hell, even Yu doesn't like hitting 2B against that at certain times. The hitbox on that thing is AMAZING but the startup is telegraphed. Basically, if it's gonna be out extremely early, you'll have to DP.

Either way, I learned a tiny bit about this matchup not too long ago. What it comes down to is thinking about doing something stupid when she's red axe'd? DON'T. FUCKING. DO. IT.

When she starts whacking at you in blockstring, you have to be mindful that her frame advantage changes according to her Axe level, so you do NOT wanna get CH'd if she gets in with a pre-emptive j.B. When she's red axe'd, you have to play the distance game and you have a variety of tools to work with. You just have to make sure you stay safe. Getting away and using whip pressure or blocking off her methods of approach by using Bufula is a good way. It's also semi-beneficial if you need to put Labrys in a heavy blockstring to get her setup in some sort of SB Bufula trap since you'll time out some of her axe levels while getting like 2 free mixups.

When she starts whacking at you in blockstring, you have to be mindful that her frame advantage changes according to her Axe level, so you do NOT wanna get CH'd if she gets in with a pre-emptive j.B.

Surprisingly, that actually isn't the case. Tari tested it out and it looks like it has no affect on blockstun so her frame advantage on block doesn't change at all.

How do I approach this matchup? That DP owns my soul. If I even 5A her there's nothing I can do but take the DP.

You are getting beat by Labry's DP? It isn't that hard to deal with. If you see yourself hitting it, either stop pressing buttons and hold back or DP through her attack. Try to test it out in training mode to get the timing. Don't forget she can charged her DP, but that shouldn't have much effect.

How do I approach this matchup? That DP owns my soul. If I even 5A her there's nothing I can do but take the DP.

Block her DP and punish, it's so slow you have time to go get a cup of coffee, come back, and still block it. If you 5A her and she's in the middle of DP, I believe you still have time to block. Her DP is really bad for defense (strange as that sounds).

You are getting beat by Labry's DP? It isn't that hard to deal with. If you see yourself hitting it, either stop pressing buttons and hold back or DP through her attack. Try to test it out in training mode to get the timing. Don't forget she can charged her DP, but that shouldn't have much effect.

Basically all it is is I don't like getting pressured by that character, I attempt to put pressure on her with 5A pokes and then she DPs. I already commited to the 5A so I get hit. If I let her go free by not doing anything she can just keep going wild on me.

If you commit to 5A and Labrys uses her DP, you can always cancel into your own DP or super and win (unless you do it too early).

Labrys is weak to DP and roll.

Her blockstrings are filled with holes. 5AA is safe, 2AA is safe. That's about it.

5AAA can be DPed out of, or rolled out of if you IB the second 5A. Or maybe rolled out of without the IB. I know I've seen people roll through it.

5A5B, 5A2B, 2A5B, 2A2B can all be DPed in the gap. If they get overconfident, just press DP. If they start baiting it(which they should) you can just press 5A because it's really strong against her.

jB can be challenged with raising jA or just 2B. or DP if they try to do a crossup. Or you can roll. I think I mentioned that roll is good against her. I don't really see much of a reason for Mitsuru to be scared of Labrys, unless you let her get to red, in which case you really messed up and it's ALL YOUR FAULT.

I feel like labrys shuts down all of my options with mitsu. I generally like to make players be fearful of mitsus throw, as that opens up all of her strongest combos, but i find it extremely hard to get in and do a basic hitconfirm to lead into sweep fake with lab and the few times I do I'm usually so freaked out by her dumb dp that I mess up my mixups. j.b totally destroys me and trying to AA with 5A leads to mixed results. Once she gets in her attacks seems safe as hell, as its hard to know if she'll bait you to do a dp or she'll go all the way with her overhead. I can usually block the overhead finisher, but it's impossible to punish it on block so she can abuse it all day. Once ex overhead comes in then it's even worse.

I find I have a better time against Aigis and shes supposed to be mitsus worst matchup.

Mitsuru should be at advantage after Labrys does 214A/B (the overhead) because she has more range than Labrys.

As WintySoSol, outside of 5AA and 2AA, Labrys isn't really that safe. And Labrys's reversal isn't that great. Bait and punish it if it is causing you that much trouble.

It really sounds like you are getting flustered fighting against Labrys and messing up rather than Labrys being a hard match-up.

2B is great against her j.B, but I get blown up by Labrys crossing over or jumping short to make me whiff 2B. If they know what they're doing, they can bait 2B and punish pretty hard. I've found Labrys players like to DP if you go into sweep.

Also, fuck Labrys players repetitively using overheads on wakeup. That shit is stupid. Then you block high, and they go for a fucking low.

Mitsuru should be at advantage after Labrys does 214A/B (the overhead) because she has more range than Labrys.

As WintySoSol, outside of 5AA and 2AA, Labrys isn't really that safe. And Labrys's reversal isn't that great. Bait and punish it if it is causing you that much trouble.

It really sounds like you are getting flustered fighting against Labrys and messing up rather than Labrys being a hard match-up.

nope, her overhead attack is completely safe. If you 5a labrys will be able to block as long as she doesn't press a button after.

I guess I just don't know what the gameplan should be against lab, as it seems very different form the rest of the cast.

I know that it is safe. But Mitsuru is at the advantage since Labrys can't press any buttons after that since Mitsuru 5A would stuff it. So after you block the overhead, you can take initiative.

I know that it is safe. But Mitsuru is at the advantage since Labrys can't press any buttons after that since Mitsuru 5A would stuff it. So after you block the overhead, you can take initiative.

Let's take 2 easy examples:

5AAAA

4th A is A guillotine, if you IB A guillotine, then you get free 5A (you probably lose charge trying to IB?), but your 5A is GUARANTEED to hit if you time it

5AAA 214B

4th is B guillotine, this is unpunishable EVEN IF YOU IB. However, you can 5A out of the A3 -> 214B chain, so again its free

Now the fun part is...if you try to anticipate 5AAA 214B and poke out after the A3, you will eat CH 214A should they choose. Alternatively, if you anticipate the latter case, she gets off scott free

Maybe what I am saying isn't coming through correctly. I am not talking about punishing the overhead. I mean that after Mitsuru blocks it, Mitsuru's 5A will beat anything that Labrys throws out at range (unless 214B was done at the closest possible range and she didn't IB for some reason) and Labrys has to block (or DP/roll).

Maybe I am mistaken and Labrys can do something after 214A/B recovers to beat out Mitsuru 5A but I wasn't able to find one when I played a few Mitsuru. Giving Mitsuru the advantage is a situation that Labrys wants to avoid since her defensive abilities kind of suck.