Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

[P4A] Labrys vs Mitsuru

theres a video i posted in the general discussion, with a 5a punish on mitsuru blocked dp for example. take a look.

I swear this matchup is so stressful. Now i know yukiko, naoto and yosuke is bad.. But any mitsuru with a brain can realize how easy of a time she has it..

So how does charging DP when spotting a Coup charge sound?

I haven't actually tested it, nor am I fully informed in it, but in theory, holding a DP upon spotting Mitsuru charging Coup sounds like a good punish. Of course, I think should only be done if Mitsuru did a Coup charge during a blockstring or a bit less than midscreen away.

Not really sure if Coup charge lasts longer than DP charge though. If it does, let's throw this idea in the trash. I also don't know if she could cancel the Coup completely during the charge.

Not really sure if Coup charge lasts longer than DP charge though.

It does, so the Mitsuru player would have to have already charged quite a bit for Labrys' DP to not release before Coup Droit comes out.

In other words, this strat seems really unreliable.

I also don't know if she could cancel the Coup completely during the charge.

It can't be canceled at all; once the move starts, Mitsuru has to commit to it.

Well if you want to be gimmicky, when you see coup charge, throw out 236B. This will force a clash is she releases, or if not...CH

After the clash though, you might want to experiment with your options haha

I honestly believe labrys can't beat mitsuru :/.

that's a pretty sad thing to think. I feel that it's pretty bad, but I honestly don't believe it's completely unwinnable. Like, Mitsuru has some really good buttons. Labrys' buttons aren't quite as good, so you need to just make her press the wrong buttons instead of the right buttons, and then you press buttons that are better than the wrong buttons she pressed, because you sure as hell can't have better buttons than her when she presses the right buttons.

As Winty says, it is a bad match-up, but it's not unwinnable. I myself have taken matches from decent/good Mitsuru players, both online and at the arcade in town (which has two pretty good ones), and I'm not exactly godlike. You just have to play smarter and adapt more, like any bad match-up.

i'll watch that vid later, thanks trilkin! - my experience in this matchup is kinda limited.

apparently XBL doesnt have mitsurus when i play. o.O

i'll watch that vid later, thanks trilkin! - my experience in this matchup is kinda limited.

apparently XBL doesnt have mitsurus when i play. o.O

Only good mitsuru I played was pulsr, and I haven't run into him for awhile. I still see the occasional bad one in ranked, where they don't know how to press 2B or jA when I jump at them. It's a really bad situation, as playing bad people makes you develop stupid habits, so I've taken up just spamming B brutal impact on them. For some odd reason this occasionally fails and causes me to lose, which is rather upsetting.

Played two matches already and right now, that b*tch can go die in a fire. -_-

Her pokes are too good.

But I will have to figure this matchup out. I do know she breaks persona like its nothing and her DP is stupid. Can't really pressure her. This feels like guerrilla warfare tactics to me.

Sorta confused why you would get persona broken in this matchup...Are you throwing out 5C a lot?!?!

Her DP is kind of frustrating when she has meter, but aside from that it's pretty punishable. You also can't safe jump it as it hits both sides.

Same for wakeup 5A...can't safe jump that haha

This is definitely a patient type of matchup. If you ask me, pressure should be less geared torwards actually getting a hit and more towards baiting unsafe moves (ie whiff throw/DP) and punishing respectively.

Sorta confused why you would get persona broken in this matchup...Are you throwing out 5C a lot?!?!

Her DP is kind of frustrating when she has meter, but aside from that it's pretty punishable. You also can't safe jump it as it hits both sides.

This is definitely a patient type of matchup. If you ask me, pressure should be less geared torwards actually getting a hit and more towards baiting unsafe moves (ie whiff throw/DP) and punishing respectively.

Whenever I fought Mitsuru I usually got Persona broken whenever I throw out Tsurugi whenever it be full screen or for Oki she ends up hitting my Persona somehow, the rate in which my Persona gets broken is relatively low since I stopped doing full screen Tsurugi as often.

I don't think she can break your Persona off 5C (assuming youre using it as Oki), I don't throw 5C out too much to get in because of her 5D or j.D.

Her pokes are goddamn stupid. I try not to use Persona at the wrongest times but I do need breathing room when she's on me like butter/jelly. >_>

I feel also this isn't an impossible matchup and I do need more exposure but I hate her pokes a lot.

Whenever I fought Mitsuru I usually got Persona broken whenever I throw out Tsurugi whenever it be full screen or for Oki she ends up hitting my Persona somehow, the rate in which my Persona gets broken is relatively low since I stopped doing full screen Tsurugi as often.

I don't think she can break your Persona off 5C (assuming youre using it as Oki), I don't throw 5C out too much to get in because of her 5D or j.D.

Mm. Makes sense. I wonder what your getting hit with on oki and if its your character or your persona. The only things I can think of that are viable is you eat DP on wakeup trying to do Oki or she does wakeup drill and hits the persona...

I don't do too much of fullscreen tsurugi because coup droit master race. If you're getting hit on oki, then your oki probably wasn't off sweep 22X, or you could blow her up for mashing...or coup droit master race while you did an IAD crossup, which is tricky due to her DP anyways.

As for her pokes, her mixup isn't anything spectacular, so you can just block...although if you're really inclined to hit buttons, you can 2B to low profile her 5A.

But Transient's right. The matchup's not too bad if you just calm down and be patient. She's not plus on anything she does, her antiairs aren't the greatest, and you're Labrys, so any time you bait anything, go to town!

Mm. Makes sense. I wonder what your getting hit with on oki and if its your character or your persona. The only things I can think of that are viable is you eat DP on wakeup trying to do Oki or she does wakeup drill and hits the persona...

With 5C oki if I space it wrong or she delays her wake up (I THINK) she can DP out (Don't take my word for it but I have gotten hit by it a couple times). With Tsurugi Oki theres many ways for your Persona to get hit its a matter of what choice you make in your setup and how she reacts (or guesses).

You can safe jump mitsuru, you just need to have the right setup for it. One of the 489390719874354 combo vids for Labrys demonstrates this.

That being said, this 6-4 MU is really fucking dumb.

Honestly i feel this matchup is about 6-4, but its very winnable. You just have to be a bit more creative when on the offensive, Iv'e fought a good few mitsurus that know what they are doing and taking full advantage of her stupid range and damage. ;_;

Best this i can say is be creative with your appraoch, also 5C oki isn't guaranteed because tech droit will eat it and you. Best time to use it is off sweep, delay it a bit so its active during her tech, also the beginning or end of the bows needs to touch her, not the cross section because theres a gap she can droit through.

I dont know why but A driot is unpunishable from all that ive tried while blocking minus IB, even then punishing it is risky because of her choices sweep/ (hold), 65B, 45B DP etc. It can be command dashed through, still risky but its good vs pressure crazy mitsu.

whenever im on the offensive i make use of Labrys's safe normals to build meter 5a into iad crossup Jb works wonders its also unpunishable if done low enough. mixup between your uses of 214A during pressure to make the scared of blocking low. this leaves them open for 2AAA 5B sweep 214A, which leads into red axe almost immediately.

off on 214AB i mixup between 22A 5A (so they get it by the 22A) the cancel 5A into 5 for a psuedo unblockable, you wont believe how many people get caught trying to block this, or if they block sweep, 214AB into 22A while 22As coming out i simply IAD over to get them to block the wrong way. its a bit risky but you gotta be creative sometimes.

just a few examples.