Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto vs. Akihiko

I'm having some trouble deciding whether to go in or not. If I put down traps or try to zone with Naoto's aim, Akihiko can weave (then do some quick followup) or pull me in with his persona. I think the best way to deal with this matchup is to abuse your persona's poking range and capitalize off any hits you can confirm. Although, one screwup can lead to Akihiko constantly being in your face. Still, I would love some suggestions and opinions on how other Naotos deal with Akihiko.

I normally spam 2c and 5c, other than that traps don't work too well on this guy because of his pull. I'm unsure what to do when he weaves though, I always get hit with cork screw if I jump in, but I can't sit back and shoot him no more lol. Only way I can see to fix this is to run in and block or use 5D

I've never had too much of a problem with Brokihiko 5D pull, just run up and 5B him in the face if they try to to be clever with weaving.

Be respectful of midrange KAISAAA attempts, he gets a lot of damage on a counter hit but it's incredibly unsafe without meter. After they block it a few times you can usually move more freely in that range.

I've never had too much of a problem with Brokihiko 5D pull, just run up and 5B him in the face if they try to to be clever with weaving.

Well.... assuming they have common sense lol.

Rawr I just figured out how to make Aki's mixups after Killrush less threatening. Just IB block the last hit of kill rush and put up the BD counter to stop any followup he may have. Of course he can decide to just do nothing and punish your whiffed counter.

IB, 214A+B is your best escape.

be careful b/c the super uppercut is Air UB for the first hit. 0.0

Most of our reversal options do not work against Akihiko.

If he follows up machine gun blow w/ duck into AoA & We use Furious action, our counter follow-up will whiff

We cannot counter throw or low poke this one either. he is air born and low invulnerable during AoA. *DERP*

If he follows up machine gun blow w/ SB-duck & We we use furious action, he crosses up and out counter will not autocorrect.

We cannot poke out b/c our attack will not auto correct. *DERP*

If he follows up machine gun blow w/ SB-Weave & We we use furious action, he has armor and our counter will not do dmg

If he follows up machine gun blow w/ SB-Weave & We we use Alpha counter, he has armor and our attack will not do dmg

Basically, you gotta block right & do a proper SB-Roll to escape, virtually every other option is a high risk.

My personal favorite is when he recovers from Machine gun blow and does 2A, 66A. This combo's on counter hit & pressure's on block. *HERP-A-DERP*