Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CP] Carl Clover Loketest Changes and Discussions Thread

Akira you can talk about whatever you want here, I don't really mind and I don't think Isayaru minds either since there's so few of us in here. Ironically, I didn't read the name of the thread before posting here myself lol.

Afro, I agree. I was hyped about CP and even Nu but when I heard about Mu being back, I was kinda disappointed. Might be the fact that I've been playing Abyss recently and I can't take even LOOKING at Unlimited Mu right now >__>

I don't hate mu much, just the matchup with carl. It's boring and tedious on both sides.

Also, do we know of any properties of volante on CH yet? It'd be really cool if it popped them up higher to about cantabile height. Because then our being stuck in blockstun wouldn't cause us to lose our combo if we managed to hit them with it.

i could check the jbb threads if someone could give the link again

[edit] ok checked it,,, and i found was some more detail about our astral.

On activation Ada teleports infront of carl then does a small pulse wave that forces stagger and pulls in on hit. Once they are at the center of Ada Carl throws his cape teleporting them into a grear room where the enemy is crushed by the gears.

Im assuming he puts them inside ada cause thats what it looks like

So just to clarify Akira, no countdown anymore? Is there any info on how fast it activates and whether or not Carl is invulnerable at all? I'm trying to figure out if it resembles how Relius' astral activates.

It doesnt say to much about the countdown,,, however from the screenshot i saw there is no counter, only Ada in the pose with a swirly spiraling light then calr throws his cape over them

[edit] wait i just realised they already confirmed there is no counter earlier on during the Loketest. An on the blog they have already stated that its a completely new astral heat. So we can safely assume its different in every way to our old astral

Awesome, I'm really excited for this lol. I really want a stupid astral like Valk's or Relius' that I can use as a reversal. I'd be happier if the input was different though. Whenever I do it too fast, it just becomes fuocco.

So i just asked for a few things to be translated from the Jbb thread. From the looks of it tho (Based off of my translations) iv noticed that people are bringing up our 6D being loopable!?

I dismissed the idea the last time a bit of info was translated,,, however its coming up again. So i dont mean to be over optimistic here but, one can assume that the SMP on our 6D is not as 'harsh' as is was... Im assuming that its been buffed from 70%>85% smp like Lambdas Cavalier(236C) in CS2 or was is 90% ?.?

The point is it was to fucking high and that allowed Lambda to do 236C xN and it would be a legit combo >.> now its our turn. 5b>5c>6D>jc xN

But that wasnt the main topic of the Stuff i just thought id bring that up. The Locktest notes were discussing our OD, im not sure what but someone was talking about combo use. Also Ada now has less Hp,, but she starts recovering faster. I think CS2 was like this ?? or was it CS1?? i dont remember.

THen they were talking about combo routs for teleporting Ada in and placing them in CON position. I believe it was 5b>3c>ja im not sure if how this is possible since 5b doesnt gattling into 3c and 3c does not cause a large enough float on hit for ja to connect on all of the cast reliably.

My thoughts.

5C jump cancel on block.

Just lol, we lose 5B cross up for a 5C cross up/insane pressure poke. Awesome job Arcsys.

j.A has faster start up.

someone should test that 5B>6B>2C>viv A>j.A shenanigans again. might actually work again.

Allgretto is now has much less recovery, almost impossible to punish.

Possible to combo after allegretto with an airdash.

...so allegretto went from pretty decent to WTF HAX level overnight?

Terrezzan has a stronger pull.

lol. get raped hakumen.

I was trying sooooo hard to avoid posting during this speculation time but those were some ridiculous buffs...

I never imagined 5C being jc on block. never never never. That itself is really helpful to carl's pressure game, and that makes cross-ups into more easy. with 5C being his best solo poke, that change is very dangerous to your opponent

I also never imagined a semi-rapid fire jab. 5A gatling into 5A??? that is beyond good.

what i DID predict was 6C gaining fatal counter properties. took them long enough since that clearly looked like it was his most painful move, lol <_<

allegretto getting less recovery??? i cant improvise on combos right now with this, but this is another great gain for him.

Cant wait to play this version of him. after years of playing Carl, these changes make matches a lot easier for vet Carl players

Im not sure how I feel about Cantabile now, I'm pretty sure they're trying to force us to use Nirvana in order to combo off it of it instead of doing a solo combo, but with the changes, what kind of options do we have? At best I think maybe 2D into whatever combo could work, but still, seems kinda iffy.

Edit: I just read the Allegretto and 6C Jump cancellable buffs.

We in there now.

They unfortunately nerffed the proration and damage on our 2D so a 2D combo would be very un-optimal. In the jbb thread they spoke of doing 6D instead for better damage. Not only that but apparently 5b>5c>cantabile>6D>5c>jb>jb>jc did 3.6k damage O.o which is alot since you can do 5b>5c>cantabile>6D>5c>jb>j2c>jc>volante>5c>jb>jb>jc>8D for what we can now assume is like 4.8k~5k then add that to Fermata having a min dmg of 1.2k and we hitting/breaking 6k for free lol.

We can assume now that carl is more of a touch of death character, since we are able to do so much damage and have godlike easy ass oki. Getting away from us is not really possible anymore, this is probably why they made Ada die so easily to compensate for our OP'ness

I've always liked Carl, I'm not very good with though, but seeing how his gameplay seems to improved in CP, makes me wanna try harder at learning with him. His Playstyle is very unique, and I'm glad there not trying to tarnish it in CP.

O.k. so I just theory crafted a solo carl combo for everyone out there worried about it. It may not work, but I'm doing this off of the recent buffs and our lack of knowledge to them in our favor.

Buffs used in combo

-less start up on j.A

-less recovery on allegretto.

-6B>2C link.

5B>2B>6B>2C>viv A>j.A>j.B>j.C>j.2C>j.214C>66>j.B>j.C

I may not know if this can work, but if our buffs our significant enough I think this could be our new solo route. Someone needs to find someone in the area to try this.

No Akira, I'm talking about in the most recent loketest where j.A got its start up shortened. Wouldn't that alone open up the possibility to connect the 2C>viv A>j.A? I recall that it was really close to working in the first loketest, so I wonder how it will work now.

Well, we just got our latest batch of loketest videos. I hope there's a few more because this carl was just going for a lot of our old tricks and wasn't working out to well.

I did notice one thing though. At about 1:15 he viv A'd through a burst pretty cleanly. So I guess we got our projectile inv. back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gURg9WfPI3g&feature=plcp

EDIT: Also, 6B CH has like stationary spin stun.

1:27 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgLioq0Llps&feature=BFa&list=PL44D50B286EC0335B

Hey, did j2.C hitbox get nerfed or something? i just saw way too much j2.C whiffed.... Glad to know that is very probably that we can still do our j.B+3]D[ UB and be able to do another combo after that. Still, not happy whit the new cantabile.

Yes i saw that too the changes have been posted from all of the videos and if you think i missed something please say so and ill edit properly. Also the game is scheduled for release on either December 22 or november 22nd on the Arcades meaning we might have ours sometime around march or april