Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys vs. Yosuke

This matchup can be annoying since once he hits the skies, catching him is a real chore. 2C is your best friend since he'll be airdashing towards you alot, I don't have any experience against a Yosuke using the glide technique so he might dodge it but the mixup from that is lessened to a degree. Air kunai are annoying but he can't kill you with those alone and a bad kunai can be punished with 8C, combine your persona's raw damage with Yosuke's bad health and two of those will easily take out half of his health.

If you get knocked down, DO. NOT. PRESS. BUTTONS. Yosuke players have you beaten clean in terms of speed and either mashed crouching A or staggered will catch you and lead to a fairly painful punish. The same can be said once he Sukuja's, either keep Asterious blocking or use an EX to armor him and let the Yosuke risk going in while Buffalo is there or when the laser is going.

Once you have knockdown on Yosuke though, you have to deal with perhaps the second most annoying DP in the game aside from Kanji: The trip. In reality this move is only practically punishable on whiff, even if your persona triggers it the entire animation is invulnerable. As what you should do against any opponent you don't know, the first knockdown you should empty jump simply to see whether they will just DP to stop oki. Its really important here because if you get tripped you now have to deal with wake-up and your DP is not a good option since on block or whiff Yosuke can do severe damage off of 2C Fatal Counter.

Just as always with Slabrys, Be patient and get the knockdown. You don't want to lose and then scratch your head asking, "Why was I rushing down on him when he has that 2B?"

The "pull the opponent out of the corner and then ambiguously cross them up jumping over them" thing doesn't work against Yosuke. His walk speed is such that that initial bit after wakeup will walk him back into the corner. (it doesn't work midscreen either but I are more about the setup against cornered people, haha.)

Edit: obviously you can still roll through him, but for various reasons that is not always the best idea.

Something worth noting if a Yosuke likes to DP on wakeup, I've found that the D command grab has enough delay to catch him after he dp's. Mix it up since normal oki doesn't work well since the game decides that the trip animation is full invincible, so if they don't learn to block this will pretty much do a quarter of his life each time he gets grabbed.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but I think Yosuke's Moonsault has some amounts of invincibility frames. Was in a match vs a Yosuke, and had a situation where I was using Titanmachia out of a combo, and just before the fullscreen hit went off, he used Moonsault dodged the hit and killed me. :[ I did save this replay unlike my previous issue (though I don't have a recording device), and this is the only conclusion I could reach watching the replay, unless there is someway you can dodge the hit.