Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys vs. Aigis

Is the sweep to j.A a legit blockstring in her other mode or can I 2B that on reaction?

You should be able to 2B all of her dashes on reaction, if you can't get it from a normal block you more than likely will be able to IB it and hit her.

This matchup feels wierd simply because of Aigis' 2B...even though it doesn't cause a loss of a card Asterius gets stopped by one bullet. I'm more of a defensive player pre-awakening so not being able to use 2C to stop air-dashing makes this hard.

Of course that said, if you think the Aigis player will 2B at the start of the round, dash dp can catch her and once she gets knocked down her only real option without meter is to block or dp. Once she has 50 meter be careful of her shield skills super.

Orgia mode 2B into rushdown makes this hard since getting hit can equal 4K health lost, 2 bad guesses and she can kill you before you can awaken.

Aigis favor totally, 6-4 IMO.

She can stop you very well, and it she gains a knockdown and have full Orgia meter, she will run her mixups which are very letal it she has some meter.

2B helps a lot if your opponent fly a lot with orgia and j.B, try to approach carefully, she will spam 2B like no end.

And patience and try to study well the moves of your opponent, most Aigis player repeat more of their mixups over and over, if you notice the pattern then the matchup is more easy to pull... and DP helps too, but do it when you have some meter, don't repeat it too much, because 4k or more combos hurts a lot on Shabrys.

Its not her zoning that is the issue, 2B is the only thing that I would honestly respect as her zoning. As long as the Aigis player throws out 2B Asterius is effectively out of the fight for you. Evasive action is key since it will let you approach and if you can make her block then you can start doing persona attacks.

Its a hard matchup for these reasons:

2B zoning makes Asterius unable to do most attacks, 8C is an option but approach should only be done with evasive action as a single bullet will stop you and break a card.

Orgia, this makes her rushdown and damage absurd as just two combos will likely kill you...and it doesn't help that her bnb sets up a mixup. Do not DP on that wake-up.

While Orgia is recovering she can go back to 2B and D zoning until it is filled up enough. This match you will have to be the aggressor since your primary tool Asterius will be limited by 2B...and she'll always have more bullets than you want.

You can DP through 2B bullets, too, haha~ And if you're too far away to do stuff like 5C > DP to bait 2B, you can still at least force your way in by cautiously approaching under SB Flame of Hades or SB Buffalo Hammer.

Edit: Also, since Aigis is most threatening when right in front of you, when she's rushing down, you musn't forget guard cancels... Especially if you have 100 for GC OMC to reclaim pressure even on block.

Its not her zoning that is the issue, 2B is the only thing that I would honestly respect as her zoning. As long as the Aigis player throws out 2B Asterius is effectively out of the fight for you. Evasive action is key since it will let you approach and if you can make her block then you can start doing persona attacks.

Its a hard matchup for these reasons:

2B zoning makes Asterius unable to do most attacks, 8C is an option but approach should only be done with evasive action as a single bullet will stop you and break a card.

Orgia, this makes her rushdown and damage absurd as just two combos will likely kill you...and it doesn't help that her bnb sets up a mixup. Do not DP on that wake-up.

While Orgia is recovering she can go back to 2B and D zoning until it is filled up enough. This match you will have to be the aggressor since your primary tool Asterius will be limited by 2B...and she'll always have more bullets than you want.

? Don't think I'm really a creditable source for arguing the matchup, but Asterius autoguards all of Aigis' specials that consume bullets, as well as 2B and orgia mode's Pandora Missile Launcher, regardless of whether or not he's using a move or holding D. So when she's doing the bullet spray, you just have to watch Labyrs. Knowing this, I've been sitting under Asterius and punishing her approaches, which has worked well so far for me.

? Don't think I'm really a creditable source for arguing the matchup, but Asterius autoguards all of Aigis' specials that consume bullets, as well as 2B and orgia mode's Pandora Missile Launcher, regardless of whether or not he's using a move or holding D. So when she's doing the bullet spray, you just have to watch Labyrs. Knowing this, I've been sitting under Asterius and punishing her approaches, which has worked well so far for me.

Well, what he's really saying is that it's kinda hard to avoid being hit by any of the bullets unless Asterius is directly covering you, so most things you try will lead to having to block a bullet anyway and Asterius stopping its movement. This means a rapid approach pretty much won't work in most situations, which is unfortunate. I also think he's giving too much credit to it, but just the same I would never want to make waiting for her to come to me a core strategy.

I might give it too much credit as far as it simply shutting you down, but its like that street fighter mentality of "the opponent will try to do something after the third fireball", you want to get in because once she rushes down with orgia its very hard to stop her since j.B, j.C, and the spinning fire move are very hard to stop and all three let her get in and pressure.

Honestly this fight will go either way since you want to stay on her so she can't use orgia or let it recharge but 2B halts most approaches (so airdashes are often tagged by a bullet) and without Asterius your pressure has holes in it so its not airtight. I play a decent Aigis but not on a consistent enough basis to develop proper strategies so please correct me if I have the wrong impression on some aspects in this matchup.

I might give it too much credit as far as it simply shutting you down, but its like that street fighter mentality of "the opponent will try to do something after the third fireball", you want to get in because once she rushes down with orgia its very hard to stop her since j.B, j.C, and the spinning fire move are very hard to stop and all three let her get in and pressure.

Ehm. Spinning fire move, as in EX Megido Fire? That move is bad on block. It's not unsafe on block but them using it is basically giving you free meter (mash that instant block!) and pressure, unless they decided to be particularly cheeky and DP right after it. Which is a concern, but not, y'know, a serious one, since risk reward is rather in your favor if they try to use that move outside a combo. They can orgia backstep, too, but that's about it. The exception is if they have 50%, when they can OMC to get mixup, but outside of that yeah it's not actually good.