Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Kimura

[P4A] Aigis Tips and Tricks Thread

Seems really pointless compared to what Aigis players are already doing.

its not a must do all the time thing and i didnt post it to get everyone to change tactic or anything i was mearly stating the fact that its there if u need it - sorry next time ill make sure what i post falls under your approval first ...

its not a must do all the time thing and i didnt post it to get everyone to change tactic or anything i was mearly stating the fact that its there if u need it - sorry next time ill make sure what i post falls under your approval first ...

Ok, thanks. Also, make sure not to take a reply like a bitch next time, I wasn't trying to hate.

Ok, thanks. Also, make sure not to take a reply like a bitch next time, I wasn't trying to hate.

how about next time u post constructive criticism instead of just shooting down an idea with out giving a reason why its wrong or right all i was doing was posting somthing i thought ppl could use or try to find something better then it other then J.c cross up for a different option if your opponent catches on and starts blocking ... never said u were trying to hate ether i just think its dumb to reply and not give a reason or explain your reasoning for the post ... in saying that i do agree that there are better things to do that every Aigis player here should be doing already but finding something to mix up your pressure and oki more so we are not so predicable is a good thing hence why i made my post

Enough squabbling, you two. While Illuminoid could have elaborated on his post a bit more, what he said is right; Aigis has much better tools to vary her mix-up than the use of A Cannon explosion gimmicks. For example, you could do something as simple as Boost j.B/Sweep for a high-low mix-up after a knockdown or simply safe jump > j.C if you've been abusing her cross-up to the point where your opponent is catching on. Personally, I don't think the A Cannon thing is that great myself, but that's not to say I think that you and everyone else shouldn't use it. Play Aigis however you want if it works for you.

Now then, if anyone decides to post something that doesn't contribute to the topic at hand they will be punished.

So you can OS kanji's super throw on wake up. Do j2B safe jump and immediately Orgia boost, punish after the super flash. If you're fast, you could react to his DP. Meaty j2B>66>jB is tight on normal block and combos. If kanji IBs the j2B to super throw, it still loses to jB.

EDIT: Anyone know how to deal with delay tech, or are we stuck hovering on delay tech?

Depends on the situation? I like to jB safe jump a lot so if they delay tech I usually get a free OTG with jB.

And not exactly dealing with delay techs but you can j.2D instead pf hovering on the way down to stagger your fall to throw them off their timing and Athena usually deters them from DPing if they have one.

What are some safe jump setups Aigis can do? I know the classic: sweep 22B dash j.B, but I wonder if there's any other, like after any Megido for example, I'd like to have a safe option off Megido and mix it up with crossups or other stuff.

After megido knockdown you can safe jump with super or normal jump jB(doesnt work on everyone) or normal jump j2B(should work on the whole cast but some require really strict timing)

Fucking yellow beat keeps combo proration. You HAVE to try and time safe jumps to delay tech. If you're quick, double jumping as soon as you notice delay tech works.

So I have a new Orgia flow chart i use.

jB>jA>2A>5A>2B(1 hit)>5B

The 2B is optional to throw off the timing to IB 5B.

If they block until 5B, you can do 66[3]>jBjA or do sweep. You can do a cross up on 5A. Vary the timing between jB and jA to get different amounts oh hits before you land. You can also go jB straight into 2A.

For sweep, you do 2AB>66[3]>j1A. This will beat most DPs on normal block, and requires precise timing on IB. Yu, Mitsuru, Naoto, Akihiko can only DP on IB. Kanji, Teddy, and Yosuke can DP this on normal sweep block. Use jB on Yukiko instead since her DP's guard point will keep you in the air for too long.

For triple megido combos, there are 2 main combo paths to follow. If they get hit by jB, jA, then the combo path would be jBjA>5AA2B>jC>236CD>214A. If they get hit by 2A, then it's the same thing. If they get hit by sweep, it's 2AB>66[3]>j1A>5A>2B>jC>236CD>214A. I exclude the jB>j2B during SP megido since it makes Megido D hard to do.

So yeah with her 214A/B stuff when used for zoning (I'm sure this is common knowledge)

You can enter in commands for Aigis and detonate bombs at the same time.

So 214B > 22B detonates the bomb and switches modes.

Like I said, I'm sure it's common knowledge, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Here's some oki I've begun to run after megido. It guarantees a safe jump no matter when they tech and keeps your air options(double jump, orgia back dash and forward dash) available:

After a megido knockdown, jump with safe jump timing while whiffing j.A on the way up and holding the 8 direction. If they teched immediately, let go of 8 and do an air normal for the safe jump. If they decide not to tech, don't let go of 8 which activates your float. Once you see the tech, come down with a jump normal to safe jump. Once you have the safe jump intact, you can start mixing up with j.B>dj>j.B for the fuzzy guard or j.B>land 2A. You can forgo the safe jump and just land and 2A for another low option.

The whiffed j.A is so you don't float too high and too soon. The float shouldn't be activated if they tech immediately. Also, it doesn't start expending a ton of orgia meter till the end of it, which makes this cost effective, reversal safe oki.

Or you can just do safe jump like normal and if they don't tech, you land and then do dash while in orgia mode and end your dash as the tech animation finishes and do meaty j.b while blocking. I'm going to test out what you just shared though and see how that works out on orgia meter.

Here's some oki I've begun to run after megido. It guarantees a safe jump no matter when they tech and keeps your air options(double jump, orgia back dash and forward dash) available:

After a megido knockdown, jump with safe jump timing while whiffing j.A on the way up and holding the 8 direction. If they teched immediately, let go of 8 and do an air normal for the safe jump. If they decide not to tech, don't let go of 8 which activates your float. Once you see the tech, come down with a jump normal to safe jump. Once you have the safe jump intact, you can start mixing up with j.B>dj>j.B for the fuzzy guard or j.B>land 2A. You can forgo the safe jump and just land and 2A for another low option.

The whiffed j.A is so you don't float too high and too soon. The float shouldn't be activated if they tech immediately. Also, it doesn't start expending a ton of orgia meter till the end of it, which makes this cost effective, reversal safe oki.

I tried this when my opponent did a quick tech and got DP'd 80% of the time this weekend (probably just need to work on my safe jump timing?). It seemed to work well against opponents who don't quick tech though.

I tried this when my opponent did a quick tech and got DP'd 80% of the time this weekend (probably just need to work on my safe jump timing?). It seemed to work well against opponents who don't quick tech though.

I've been trying to find ways to mix up my orgia pressure/rhythm and here's what I've come up with:

5B>[6][3][1]>5>j.B>[1]

you can do various things off the j.B. In a way you want the opponent to block it. You can double j.B>j.C>D megido for a fuzzy(timing is character specific), you can j.B>2A, or just empty dash 2A. The good thing about this string is even though there's a gap between the 5B and j.B, it's reversal safe on everyone besides kuma and kanji(it's even is safe against yosuke's counter) and it sets up for a pure 50-50 mixup. There is a negative though; it can be rolled and backdashed out of but those can be punished if you see them fast enough.

I have a couple discoveries that may or may not be known. Aigis can cancel the first few frames of her orgia boost into a special and by doing so, no orgia meter is consumed. For example, 5B(blocked)>2366A gives you an air 236A without the cost of the orgia boost cancel I needed to get in the air. This seems really useful when combined with her throw. She can get a combo off it in orgia mode without having to spend the meter for the boost cancel. A basic combo off her throw midscreen while in orgia mode is throw>2366C(grounded C megido).

Aigis can also, orgia boost during her pre-jump frames. When combined with a jump cancellable normal (only 5A on the ground on block) she can orgia boost off normals without the higher cost of the boost cancel. I can see it being useful mainly for combos and resets. It's done by doing an IAD with an added 6 at the end really quickly.

This isn't exactly new but 22B can be used as a throw bait. Mind you, there are a lot of things that it'll lose to but if the opponent falls for it, you can punish their throw whiff for 4-5k. It's not the most stable option but it's something Aigis can use when she's not in Orgia mode or overheat.