Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MashThat5A

[P4A] Yu Narukami vs Yu Narukami

When doing sweep > 5D > jump oki on him, be holding back before doing the j.B. That way if he reversal B+D you'll block it.

Block punishes vs Narukami:

B+D

- FC 236D

- CH 5C

- FC 2C

- CH 214A

Note: In crouch state during recovery, run under to avoid getting hit by super cancels, or do 5C when he's too high for laser to hit you.

A+B

- (dash) 5B

2C (DC)

- 5A

214C

- 5B

Note: In crouch state during recovery

214D/SB

- dash 5C

Note: In crouch state during recovery

j.214A/B/SB

- CH 5A

Note: In crouch state during recovery. The earlier you block it, the more unsafe it is. Safe if blocked max range.

Ziodyne

- (far range) run CH 5B

- (close range) FC 214B/dash FC 2C

- (during flash) Ziodyne/Cross Slash/Myriad Truths

Note: No reason not to mash on IB this, it's all a continuous blockstring.

Cross Slash

- dash 5B

- (during flash) A+C > 5B

- (during flash) Ziodyne/Cross Slash

Myriad Truths

- dash CH 214A

- dash FC 2C

I'll edit this if something's wrong or needs to be added.

Don't fall for 5A > throw or 5A > 214A/j.2A throwbait games. You can CH 5A him out of either if you do it in anticipation. Otherwise don't guess throw breaks, CH 214A/j.2A isn't something you want to get hit by.

Unless they're resetting 5D oki into sweep every time, don't tech after sweep if you don't want to deal with the oki. Remember you have guard cancel too if you're in a pinch. If they DO reset the oki, you might as well wait until they have to use j.2A for a knockdown to tech, since that oki is much weaker than sweep.

Don't be afraid to reversal B+D if they do sweep > 5D > jump in oki every time, the first hit is air unblockable so he has to bait it by dodging.

To bait/punish anti-air 2B's, sometimes j.2A will work if you're angled right and at the right height since it comes out so slow, it will CH him if he whiffs a 2B. Or you can j.C to stop yourself from descending, but it's hard to get something guaranteed after that.

Strong DP punish, do 5C as he's falling so that the top of 5C hitbox hits him. If he cancels to laser that high up, it will whiff. You can also choose to run under before doing the air hit 5C.

air hit CH 5C > 214B > dash 5B > j.C > j.214B > 2B > j.C > j.214B > 2B > j.C > j.214A > CS - 5581 dmg

Strong DP punish, do 5C as he's falling so that the top of 5C hitbox hits him. If he cancels to laser that high up, it will whiff. You can also choose to run under before doing the air hit 5C.

air hit CH 5C > 214B > dash 5B > j.C > j.214B > 2B > j.C > j.214B > 2B > j.C > j.214A > CS - 5581 dmg

This and more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZaKiL-hUSE

All I have to say about this matchup is aren't DP wars fun? lol

Yeah, especially when I have 50 meter and the other guy doesn't. I can OMC after the 3rd clash and fatal the other guy on the way down.

I was curious about what allowed you to omc from the clash, so I tried it a while back. What it seems like is you can sorta Kara-omc. So cancelling the clash with some normal then immediately A+B+C let's you omc, so you can actually do it off the first clash but that's unlikely if you weren't already ready for it. Just something I found interesting if anyone wasn't already aware.

I'm going to have to try this out now, I've only been successful in making it happen on the 3rd clash, not the first or second. Granted doing this on the first clash is highly unlikely (unless your reactions are THE GOD) but, it may be possible to do it off he second one if what you say is fact. From my knowledge it's only worked after the 3rd clash and it's supposedly a glitch but, if you're canceling into a normal then OMC, then that would make more sense of things.

EDIT:

You're absolutely right, canceling into a normal and inputting A+B+C does allow this to happen I was able to do this on the 2nd clash.

I was never able to omc after a dp clash battle. need to check this out as well!!

When you're in a clash battle, you cancel into a normal (Preferably 5A) off the clash and OMC the normal. You have to do it really fast so you can block afterwards. I tried it out yesterday before I went to class; this does work.