Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MashThat5A

[P4A] Yu Narukami vs Teddie

Block punishes vs Teddie:

B+D

- (dash) CH 5C

- FC 2C

A+B

- (dash) 5C

Bearscrew A/B (air version)

- (dash) CH 5B

Puppeteddie A/B

- dash CH 5B

Teddievision A/B

- dash 5B

Tomahawk

- (during flash) 214D/dash B+D

- (during flash) Cross Slash

Mid-Air Tomahawk

- (during flash) B+D

Kamui Kablooey

- dash CH 5B

- (during flash) run CH 214A/FC 2C

- (during flash) Myriad Truths

I'll edit this if something's wrong or needs to be added.

Is there way to catch him!? The few Teddie's I have faced just run around an insane amount and annoy me to no end. Does Swift Strike work well against his projectiles?

How would you dodge his super that goes across the screen? I roll it but sometimes it comes from a different then I can effectively roll.

How would you dodge his super that goes across the screen? I roll it but sometimes it comes from a different then I can effectively roll.
Safest way I've found is super jumping, and if you did that too early do j.B+D or airdash. If they do certain set ups you might not be able to super jump in time so just a well timed B+D or roll should dodge it.

Safest way I've found is super jumping, and if you did that too early do j.B+D or airdash. If they do certain set ups you might not be able to super jump in time so just a well timed B+D or roll should dodge it.

That's the Teddie Circus?

You could also j.D "Circus Bear" if you find yourself mistiming the high jump, you will stay in the air a little longer if you did this instead of B+D after high jump, either one is fine though.

Is there way to catch him!? The few Teddie's I have faced just run around an insane amount and annoy me to no end. Does Swift Strike work well against his projectiles?

Swift strike works in some situations but obviously if he sees it coming and you do D version or C version at an unsafe distance he can punish it. Zio can sometimes work well but eventually Teddie usually comes to you when a barrel or dry ice comes. Other than that just watch for j.A crossups and AoA.

Teddie has no punishable recovery on whiff on his uppercut. Even if you make his furious action whiff by rolling and try to punish him after her reappears with Ziodyne, he can still block Ziodyne. You can try to meaty 214B on whiff but he can just uppercut you there. You can do another dashing 5D but he can uppercut that one too.

Unless someone has a way to bait this, please tell me. There's literally no way I've found to take advantage of him doing the uppercut.

If you can't do sweep -> 5D I think the best way to go is just ending combos with j.214C so you can threaten the falling j.b

Some things I've noticed.

I've had 2B trade with his j.A more times than flat out beat it, so I like anti-airing it with B+D.

A common(?) tech trap with Circus Bear is doing it after you get hit with the missile super and ground tech far away. To dodge this you can simply wait to see him do Circus bear, then ground tech through it. If he comes the other way, B+D or roll right before it reaches you.

After getting B+D countered, you can 214C under if they try to hit you with the 5B bat immediately, just be ready to switch directions.

His 5A is 7 frames, so don't be afraid to push lots of 5A in his face in pressure, or after 214A on block.

There is no tell when Teddie Circus appears, it comes out about a second after he's off the screen IIRC so you gotta wing it. It's safe to see it coming if you're mid screen, if you're in the corner, you've put yourself in danger of getting hit by the un-blockable, it can be avoided in the corner but it's harder to see coming if he comes from the corner of what side you're character is on.

oh yeah, i forgot, if you space yourself properly (namely after 2C backdash sweep in the corner which is also produced by doing oki stuff into 214B dash 2C) you can do 236D and have it meaty with the last of its active frames (dat frame adv) at a range where your persona wont break if teddie decides to dp. Sadly, you cant fake it, but its something!

yeah its possible midscreen but you have to do very short confirms into sweep. i would generally take 214D corner carry into meaty 214A or 214C into high/low/grab mixup

So this could possibly be useful, you can do kinda wonky 5D oki on him from certain starters. Haven't tried it any in matches yet but basically you do 5D at times where if they tech immediately all hits of 5D whiff through their tech, but also still hit OTG if they stay down so you can convert to another knockdown. Some example setups

CH 2B air hit 5D

214B dash 5D

You still have 5DD to work with so it might let you get some mixups. At least it might trick them into doing reversal B+D once.

I found a pseudo-punish for raw Circus Bear that i use against my friend who mains Teddie. Since he always comes down from the same spot he starts the super, you can airgrab him and since he's still in counter state it's untechable. Also, when he's getting items out fullscreen, harass him with 236C and you can get hits or break his persona. Letting him get items out puts him at an advantage and makes his moves even safer than they already are.