Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : General Discussion

Hmm, I was under the impression that 6R had invincibility frames in it somewhere; I had seen it used a few times in match videos and didn't really know what else to think.

So why do you use 6R for oki? Is it to confuse and throw off timing. I see that it causes Faust to suddenly change location from standing to low profile with 2P and to off the ground with 236S. Is it just a bait or are there other reasons to use it?

^lol Yeah, 6 Respect isnt all its cracked up to be. Its not practicle vs. DP ch, and has to be done early at times vs. ch w/ good throws (ex.TE). Still, its something to add to the arsenal. You could look at it as an "extra conditioner" for setting up a big damage combo off of 6HS just by performing 6 Resp. --> 2p a majority of the match, then switching to 6 Resp.--> 6HS. Takes a while to set-up correctly, but its good shit.....

Mettakiri is really strange. I'd appreciate it if someone can upload the Faust page of the mook because I don't really understand it's hit box. I found out that you can't do mettakiri when they're in block stun (ex: they block meteors or another item and you use mettakiri at the exact moment the item hits) but you can still time it right after it hits or before. Is it possible to mettakiri slayer out of dandy step or mappa? (!)

Mettakiri is really strange. I'd appreciate it if someone can upload the Faust page of the mook because I don't really understand it's hit box.

I found out that you can't do mettakiri when they're in block stun (ex: they block meteors or another item and you use mettakiri at the exact moment the item hits) but you can still time it right after it hits or before.

Is it possible to mettakiri slayer out of dandy step or mappa? (!)

Mettakiri is an unblockable move that activates in situations where you can throw your opponent. Its safe to say if you can't normal throw them, you can't hit them with mettakiri. Now the weirdness happens because mettakiri isn't really a command throw. It checks to see if you can throw your opponent the first frame, then activates later. This is why its possible for your opponent to jump, and you still see it activate and hit them.

Mettakiri is considered a throw(.......ish) so yeah, no throws of any kind grab an opponent who is in block stun. Although it has a bigger hitbox than before, you still have to be really close. Yes you can hit Slayer out of a dandy step but you're not gonna beat mappa punch because the attack box of the mappa will most likely hit you before you before his hit box is in range. Unless Slayer's fist is part of his hit box during that move. Remember Mettakiri has startup as well. Its not instant as it may appear.

Im sure a majority of us here have went "wtf" after performing Mettakiri and seeing your opp. gradually go into the air, or when against MI, her command roll go right through FA while hes still spinning his scalpel....

Another stupid question but is there any real point to The Bomb Bag FRC Point? When the bag falls and explodes, more often than not, I wind up either falling into it when it hits the enemy's hitbox or just having to block it, as normal. It seems like a simple but pointless FRC to actually do anything constructive with.

For safety, You'll realize how important it is when you bomb bag as someone runs under you, ready to punish during your recovery. With that FRC'd you can aerial attack or block, at least that's what I have done a few times. Don't know about any advanced uses for it.

Edit - Also, I was wondering, other than to shake a corner-turtling opponent with Metta Kiri. What other uses do the magic door FRCs have?

What other uses do the magic door FRCs have?

Here ya go

Think i can help..... the FRC is generally there to make the move safe on block, otherwise your prob. gonna eat a combo. S version is probably the best since its an overhead & has the best combo potential on CH. Yet all in all, u dont find high lv Faust players useing it that often.....randomly, but not often.

the 1st frc is to fuck with your opponent but the timing is kinda strict compared to the rest of his.

the 2nd is for combo purposes or just to be safe...i love hearing the WFT!! when i do that frc and the try to attack after block

S door is pretty safe. If they block, I FRC it. If they don't I whatever. I was playing a Robot Ky a week ago and I never knew that you can pogo through the missles (66). I never knew it gave THAT much invincibility. So that's how Osaka B wins!

A relatively old question but it concerns the drill cancel - I know HOW to do the drill cancel. I'm trying to work on making it better. With Johnny's Tigerkneed Ensunga, you can check if you did the best version by seeing if the dust comes up when you leave the ground. I was wondering if there was a way to check if I've done the lowest Drill Cancel possible. Like how high, in terms of Faust Units :keke: would you be? His shoulder height?

got a new dust combo does roughly around 157-209 depending on character selection D^--HS--HS ----Air dash--- D---214D---p(p)---hs can be done anywhere on the screen cost's 25% tension but if puts you in a great position after going my way

How about some block strings? I know Faust doesn't have that many and most are situational but block strings really help with getting more items out. The ones I do are pretty boring and pretty much only involve items, bomb bags and 2HS.

got a new dust combo

does roughly around 157-209 depending on character selection

D^--HS--HS ----Air dash--- D---214D---p(p)---hs

can be done anywhere on the screen

cost's 25% tension but if puts you in a great position after going my way

Nice as soon as I get my stick finished i'm def. goign to give this a whirl. :yaaay:

How about some block strings? I know Faust doesn't have that many and most are situational but block strings really help with getting more items out.

The ones I do are pretty boring and pretty much only involve items, bomb bags and 2HS.

yeah most of mine end up pushing me too far away to continue the lock down.

something like 2k->2p->2s->2HS which then puts me out too far to continue it.

Nice as soon as I get my stick finished i'm def. goign to give this a whirl. :yaaay:

yeah most of mine end up pushing me too far away to continue the lock down.

something like 2k->2p->2s->2HS which then puts me out too far to continue it.

Canceling the 2HS into an item usually lets you do it again. Sometime I do TK bomb bag after that. I don't know. It just seems... Boring. :psyduck:

2hs-> 5p and repeat all day and 5(far)s -2k mix in a little fdc hs to cover the air just watch jap vids of how faust's apply pressure....his are very short nothing like a venom or eddie string just 4-5 hits then bait

True. Senkei's shit is on point. But you gotta watch the use of 5farS. It'll whiff if your opp. is crouching and are too small (IN, ZA, MI, etc). Also, againts opp. w/ moves that travel horizontally fast and have invincibility (JA, SL, AN) you can eat a counter hit. Basiclly, sometimes you kinda have to end your strings w/ 2hs-> item or 5farS-> item cause its just safer. Shit...now that i think about it, I believe I've seen certain ch.'s interrupted the 2p->2hs. Yet, that is the safest string to do. Im glad someone brought this up, cause I've notice lately in R.F.s matches hes been keeping his shit hella basic, performing mainly pressure strings w/ lil if any gaps for the opp. to exploit.

I've seen a few videos where R.F. and Osaka B manipulate the opponent into falling for a Mettakiri. I was wondering if there were any Mettakiri Set-Ups or Traps other than the basic Item Throw (Meteor, Poison) > Mettakiri.

I've seen a few videos where R.F. and Osaka B manipulate the opponent into falling for a Mettakiri. I was wondering if there were any Mettakiri Set-Ups or Traps other than the basic Item Throw (Meteor, Poison) > Mettakiri.

p or k Door frc's can be used to bait a block.

Basically from what I've seen you just trick them into blocking and instead do mettakiri.

Not taking into account the randomness of the items, are there any tricks/set-ups that use his Items then? I know that the main use of most of the items is to give cover-fire/end combos but other than the Chibi-Potemkin/Meteor-Mettakiri, what other use do they have? I've noticed that alot of times when you've got someone in the corner, throwing a Hammer or Wash Tub makes it hard for them to leave (like surprise Anti-Air). Anything else? I figured that with so much variety AND Faust's unique properties, there should be a few more tricks that each group of items can bring to the table.