Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

BBCP Story Thread [Old]

I used to think Tsubaki was the character with the dullest personality in the playable cast(save for Lambda who has the excuse of being a robot), but so far Bullet sounds like she might take that role.

And how come people were saying she was a beastkin?

I believe it stemmed from in her sprite and some pictures that the part of her belt that hung down at the back looked like a tail.

And how come people were saying she was a beastkin?

That's how we thought she was initially having something that looked like a monkey tail when it was really a belt.

And I'm not impressed with how Bullet looks so far personality-wise. I feared what'll happen to her the moment her description mentions "she never breaks a promise." Seriously, who didn't think this will be played for gags?

Yall haytrz dun kno sheet bout COMMITMENT!

also I still wish she was a Beastmen lol BB so freaking homogenous

Are people really judging a character's personality based on her victory quotes? :v:

I dunno in most of the games so far you could get a slight feel at least of the characters' personality from their arcade victory quotes, yeah

We have no clue where Bullet and Azzy are from nationality wise huh? Azzy especially doesn't look like the usual euro/east asian type that makes up 80% of BB's roster. In fact now that I think about his military themed-attacks, love of fighting, sheer MANLINESS, being all super powered and crap, the chaps-styled pants sleeve, recklessness and astral being called Patriot Apocalypse leads me to believe we may have gotten our first actual American in BB. Which admittedly would be freakin awesome.

Are people really judging a character's personality based on her victory quotes? :v:

Why not?

While a small window, the limited text (within victory quotes and the endings) are all there is in the form of direct characterizations at that point. It's up to the creator to try and breathe as much of that personality as possible even with the most insignificant of exchanges.

Also everything that is implied in her bio has been firmly established in her words (Hates skirts? check. Cares deeply for fallen comrades? check. One track mindset in her vendetta? check.) Nothing really contradictory.

I can see where the concern is in her rather flat character, I'm actually afraid that the writers might end up using her more as a plot device than an actual character (using her to force exposition about Sector 7 and Kokonoe) but yeah, we'll see how she turns out (it seems like I like the more plain characters anyways :v:)

That's the most valid thing that's gone down here in a while. At least victory quotes reflect the types of things the character says.

Victory quotes (dunno if these are post-match quotes) are simplified implications of a character's personality. Blatant, yes, but what Bullet says reflects her personality, Arcade or Story. Like, uh, every other character. Cue "so far."

I don't hate Bullet, its just that...personality was summed up by one person "Where's Kokonoe" and nothing else really. It doesn't help that out of the initial three new playable characters, she seems to be the least popular; we americhuns love us some manliness, while the Japanese love their androgynous men..mean Bullet has...boobs.

Hopefully the console game can flesh her out a bit more, god I hope so in such a fleshed out cast, I'd really hate for one of them to be as flat as cardboard... figuratively speaking.

To be all honest... yes. And I can say there is nothing wrong in that. For some one who is working on a concept for a fighting game, victory quotes are something to take account. They might not be important, but having them be out of character is not a good thing. It can give an idea of what the character is like and how they react to other characters. And with some one like Bullet, who we know little of, it can help to know the character

Anyone who's ever made anything and wanted to make it good knows that 80% of the work is the last 20% of polish. Victory quotes make a nice touch. So do character-specific voicesets. All the little details add up to big value and do make a difference.

r6MZ09C.png

robot3.gif

Back to incest and unreliable translations... this thread needs some rules...

/nofunallowed

As I mentioned yesterday, it's come to this, so a reminder of the CS story thread's rules.

For discussing Continuum Shift's storyline and scenarios. Any information that is not confirmed (either by direct quoting/translation or a linked source) is not to be posted here. Posting speculation, theories, or guesses in this thread will get the post deleted, and the poster infracted.

Do not screw this up again.

Because BBCP is not yet out on consoles, I am allowing some speculation in here, but use your own judgment before posting it. Think "is this a serious post? Does this sound really stupid? lolololol am i teh epicz trollzar?" Consider your answer to those questions before you post, or you may find your post deleted, or worse yet, yourself with an infraction.

When dealing with translations, make sure it is a valid source with a reliable translator. If you wanna link some random GFAQser's translations, go ahead, but do not discuss it here. If a legitimate source is attached to the link and the translator is trustworthy, then by all means, discuss what was found.

A tangent joke here and there is ok. If Noel has some silly line regarding sausages and you wanna make a Kanako Kondou joke, I won't care. I will however, care if the next 5+ posts are all about sausages, Noel's diet, and/or dicks.

Just be mature and thoughtful when you post here. This thread should be a place where anyone can go to find info for the storyline, not random bullshit about incest and cooking, and definitely not incorrect info.

When BBCP comes out to console, this thread will follow the CS one's rules to a tee, spoilers will be present.

about time i got tired of hearing about that incest crap but the tranlstion one gonna be kinda hard cause their are no more reliable translator who wants to translate anything to do with blazblue except Spesialo so far who doing the novels

and about time i was wondering when more info of the second Blazblue game XBlaze the last info we had from it was last year for a min i thought they cancelled it or droped the project but thak god they didnt i think its a prequel to blazblue before the blackbeast showed up

released date is 7/25/2013 at least we have something to keep us occupied till BBCP comes out

website is up http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/xblaze/ hopfull someone creates a thread for it oneday

I'm sorry, the incest thing was a joke I made like 50 pages ago and it just won't go away.

Look what you did.

Alright, uh...speculation....um....what do you guys think Bang is gonna contribute beside his nail.

and about time i was wondering when more info of the second Blazblue game XBlaze the last info we had from it was last year for a min i thought they cancelled it or droped the project but thak god they didnt i think its a prequel to blazblue before the blackbeast showed up

released date is 7/25/2013 at least we have something to keep us occupied till BBCP comes out

website is up http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/xblaze/ hopfull someone creates a thread for it oneday

XBLAZE has a thread here, until more substantial info comes out for the game, discuss it there and in moderation. Because there's nothing much to talk about.

Alright, uh...speculation....um....

You don't need to force conversation, no activity is preferable to forced/useless/unknown conversation.

So I was just over at zephry's short story thread and I'm a bit lost.

I thought when Tsubaki changed to Izayoi, she wasn't under the imperator's control anymore?

Unless I missed something?

I thought when Tsubaki changed to Izayoi, she wasn't under the imperator's control anymore?

Um, sort of? Tsubaki being freed from the Imperator's control happens after she became Izayoi. Furthermore, it happens off-screen and we aren't told anything more than "Jin did it".

She is still evil at first. After "something" happens, she turns back to being good.

It isn't explained really. Every time she appears in others' modes (Jin), she's evil. Then you pick her and BAM she's good.

Power of love.

She is still evil at first. After "something" happens, she turns back to being good.

It isn't explained really. Every time she appears in others' modes (Jin), she's evil. Then you pick her and BAM she's good.

She's not evil in Rachel's arcade mode.

I think Izayoi starts out serving the Imperator, but after a lengthy fight with Makoto, Mu, and Haku-Men, she comes to realize what true justice is, and decides to raise her sword once more, against the Imperator.

I think Izayoi starts out serving the Imperator, but after a lengthy fight with Makoto, Mu, and Haku-Men, she comes to realize what true justice is, and decides to raise her sword once more, against the Imperator.

Her fight with Makoto technically never happened due to a time-reset (thank you Amaterasu and Takamagahara), else Makoto would be dead by now.

Her fights with Hakumen and Mu takes place after she's been freed from the Imperator's control, though they do help in her decision on what she should fight for.

Also, Tsubaki's definition of justice hasn't really changed since being freed, she just now fights for her friends instead of the NOL (which she now considers unjust). Though she has taken to acting like a superhero, complete with hammy dialogue about "JUSTICE JUSTICE JUSTICE".

Look what you did.

Alright, uh...speculation....um....what do you guys think Bang is gonna contribute beside his nail.

Well, he can go and try to save Litchi in the whole mess with Arakune and the NOL. He is getting a lot more serious on many things (without dropping his Bangness) so it does seem he is up to something. I dunno, perhaps being an Ikaruga Ninja allows him special bonuses with Rettenjo or something.