Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zakuta Asura

[^C] Baiken [STRAT]

What exactly are you having trouble with? She's really easy to loop she's just very light so coming from the ground you'll need to delay a 2D tatami slightly or FRC, overall you can SD SD almost always, and you can even combo normally after most SD SD while jumping into her in the corner, because she's so light.

Hey im not sure if its the right place to write this but i didnt want to open a new thread for it either. Well its just that when i was running up to throw my friend, his low hit went through me when i was stopping(when the her running animation changes to somewhat like baiken breaking her run). I tried a few times later with him and for a few frames she was below knee or low invincible, is that something new or anything? And when my friend did it he couldn't at least with anji.

Out of curiosity, is there a table with this information. I've looked through the system data and DL's GGAC guide and haven't heard nor seen the "dashstop invincibility" property.

Ah, I see what you're saying. While most good players don't get by 5D, and it's arguably faster to FDC 5D after a dash, I find that if I cancel Baiken's dash with a 5D at max range, the way her dashstop goes into 5D throws people off from time to time.

You can cancel dashstop into moves, so it is the same speed. Generally Baiken should be stopping her dashes with FD while option selecting a GC though, unless you are planning on doing a move directly out of it like 5D (not that I recommend it, 5D in general is awful against good enough players who can block it, which is almost any good player)

Very sound points you make... Especially FDC-ing dashes with option selected GC's. That sounds like a powerful tactic. I would imagine one would choose a GC with FRC though, or how do you determine the GC to option select?

youshijin or possibly baku 99% of the time, there are VERY few moves a fastest youshijin, and NO moves that aren't invincible a fastest baku won't punish (refer to the updated section of the guide for what I'm talking about)

youshijin or possibly baku 99% of the time, there are VERY few moves a fastest youshijin, and NO moves that aren't invincible a fastest baku won't punish (refer to the updated section of the guide for what I'm talking about)

What? you mean I can't just spam counters all day? I have to Run, FD, and GC? No wai!!! That's too hard for me!!!

btw: I've been trying to toy with something after RCing a TK YZN (I like to call it Joe Johnson), as I can't get the FRC down quite yet. But I still have yet to find anything good, as just an air mat doesn't connect all the time...any help? I hate knowing that an attack will hit, and not being able to follow up with anything..

You should be able to connect with a mat every time if you make sure you use back jump when you do it by inputting 6321473S (that's how I do it) Sometimes the mat won't connect if you do a running youzansen (623696S, or it's variations) Also, make sure you're doing the tatami by negative edging from your RC, so do the motion 236 and then RC with K S and HS, when you let go of your RC it will negative edge your tatami mat. This gives you more time to hit confirm it and make sure it comes out before you hit the ground. As for the FRC, don't even bother.

You should be able to connect with a mat every time if you make sure you use back jump when you do it by inputting 6321473S (that's how I do it) Sometimes the mat won't connect if you do a running youzansen (623696S, or it's variations) Also, make sure you're doing the tatami by negative edging from your RC, so do the motion 236 and then RC with K S and HS, when you let go of your RC it will negative edge your tatami mat. This gives you more time to hit confirm it and make sure it comes out before you hit the ground. As for the FRC, don't even bother.

Holy Strat Batman! That reply was fast! and so full of knowledge too! Yeah, most TK Youzansens I do running...but I guess that's a bad thing? Oh, and I totally forgot about being able to Negative edge that stuff, thanks man, I'll be testin' that out in a bit.

But is there anything else you could do after that TK YZN, besides a mat?

Midscreen you could j.D FRC ad j.tatami, but in general your best option will always be a mat. Midscreen after the mat you can iad j.SD or SPD depending on what character you're against, and in the corner you will always get the loop after the mat. It is by far her best option, and gives her the low tatami advantage if it does happen to get blocked, keep in mind though that you'll have a little bit of ground recovery because of youzansen (the only way to prevent ground recovery after youzansen is jump cancelling before you hit the ground)

Midscreen you could j.D FRC ad j.tatami, but in general your best option will always be a mat. Midscreen after the mat you can iad j.SD or SPD depending on what character you're against, and midscreen you will always get the loop after the mat. It is by far her best option, and gives her the low tatami advantage if it does happen to get blocked, keep in mind though that you'll have a little bit of ground recovery because of youzansen (the only way to prevent ground recovery after youzansen is jump cancelling before you hit the ground)

did you mean to say corner?

on which characters does SPD work? :psyduck:

Yeah, I meant corner, and SPD/SPSD work on most characters it works on in the corner (you can almost always get SPSD vs Pot, for example)

not sure i follow since the replies have been broken up a bit, but you're saying this:

TK YZS RC falling tatami j.SPD?

I know about falling tatami |> iad.j.SD, but not the above.