Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huey253

[CP] Bang Gameplay Discussion

the only problem, in both those cases, if it was that good they would tweak the proration of it to be like an average move.

(of course i also wish it would have a better hitbox/hurtbox combination without a proration nerf)

2B Lost JC?...

Okay. What the fuck have they done to Bang? Just finished reading the Trans.

ムササビ = Flying Squirrel = j.22A

地双 = 623B

空双 = j.623B

大噴火 = Daifunka

エリアル = Aerial / Air Ender?

微ダ = Micro Dash? / Dash / a quick dash I guess it implies.

空ダ = Air Dash? / Instant Air Dash?

中央投げ = Mid-Screen Throw?

端投げ = Corner Throw?

Also remember j.C = Extend j.4C, and j.2C = Extend j.C, so don't confuse them.

(I already "translated" most of these out, but for the sake of them possibly being wrong with what I put we can just switch out those moves with whatever it actually means.)

Combos from jbbs:

Standing Mid-Screen

5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>5A>5B>Air Ender

5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>C Nail>5C>6D>j.623B or Daifunka

5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>C Nail>2D>Air Ender

5B>2B>6C>j.22A>j.C>6C>JD>5A>5B>Air Ender

2A>2A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>5A>5B>Air Ender

Crouching Mid-Screen:

5A>5B>2B>5D

5A>5B>2B>Daifunka

Standing Corner:

5A>5B>2B>6C>j.22A>j.C>j.623B>5A>5B>Air Ender

5B>2B>6C>j.22A>j.C>j.623B>5B>623B>d.2B>5D>5B>Air Ender

Crouching Corner:

5A>5B>2B>2C>623B>d.2B>6C>j.C>j.2C

5B>2B>2C>623B>d.2B>5D>5B>Air Ender

5B>2B>2C>623B>d.2B>j.623B>5A>5B>Air Ender

5C>2C>623B>d.2B>j.623B>5A>5B>Air Ender

Throw:

(Mid-Screen) Ground Throw>Air Dash j.B>j.C>Air Ender

(Corner) Ground Throw>Air Dash j.B>j.C>j.623B>5B>623B>d.2B>6C>j.C>j.2C

I think Bang wouldn't be hurt too much by reducing his combos. (How the other characters get buffed is the problem.) He's always been a mix-up character and making the game faster works in his favor really.

Did 2B lose the JC? Hitconfirming will be like hell online then.

It's nice to see that Musasabi can be used in combos, thought it was a mix-up gimmick. Wish 6A would get more useful in combos too.

Bang's floating while doing TK dnails seems to be a direct nerf to his pressure. 2B losing its JC means that it will more or less only be a combo only tool. (2B 5B stuff doesn't work at all ranges)

2B losing JC seems like one of those experimental nerfs that didn't even need to be implemented.

I think Bang wouldn't be hurt too much by reducing his combos. (How the other characters get buffed is the problem.) He's always been a mix-up character and making the game faster works in his favor really.

Did 2B lose the JC? Hitconfirming will be like hell online then.

It's nice to see that Musasabi can be used in combos, thought it was a mix-up gimmick. Wish 6A would get more useful in combos too.

2B losing JC has nothing to do with hitconfirming so I don't see how that becomes an issue from it.

Bang's floating while doing TK dnails seems to be a direct nerf to his pressure. 2B losing its JC means that it will more or less only be a combo only tool. (2B 5B stuff doesn't work at all ranges)

No more 2B>D Nails for pressure since he can't JC it either. Depending on how bad that floating really is means maybe no more D Nails in pressure at all, so probably only going to use them at neutral to be able to get in (which isn't all that great anyway). I guess it really depends on what still ends up having JC, and how the D Nails turn out, otherwise his pressure is going to be really weird or borderline non-existent compared to previous games.

2B losing JC has nothing to do with hitconfirming so I don't see how that becomes an issue from it.

Well, you're more or less right about this. But online 2B helps "a lot" and with the hitstop almost completely removed it is a "slight" issue.

Is 2B-5B gatling still intact?

I agree with YukiBlue that this is an experimental nerf. I think they're struggling to find ways to change his play style. Game isn't out yet and I hope people find new things after release.

Possible 4 seals combo with 50%, from jbbs:

5B>2B>5D>RC>2D>jD>C Nail>5C>6D

四枚コン

風林火山のワンチャンと疾風撃のこと考えると50使ってもためるべきだと思う

The new 5D has me soooooooo HYPE !

equally so at the idea of seals boosting bang's distortions in FRKZ !!

I can't wait to see this new daifunka animation. And how easy it will be to get all 4 seals in FRKZ and end with a powered up distortion !

Day 1 Bang Matches:

Bang vs. Tsubaki

http://youtu.be/OIcmSA109zU?t=4m58s

Bang vs. a different Tsubaki

http://youtu.be/KYFrGiJSFD4?t=13m38s

Bang vs. Hakumen

http://youtu.be/bYrThXPomss?t=3m52s

Bang's new command throw Distortion does 2,754 without OD, and jumps to 4,327 with OD. Seems incredibly good by the looks out of it as it catches people in the air or on the ground. Not sure how they can avoid it as of yet.

It's Zeth's video ! i was just pointing out a part of it !

and yea the distortion is great, it's exactly as it was described in the jpbbs, including the extra damage in OD. Can't wait to see the new daifunka with 4 seals in FRKZ !

.. i also can't wait to TECH TRAP someone into the new DD.

Is it unblockable?

I think so.

It's a command grab super that has a long start up. Might not be invincible.

Because of it being a command grab, it can't be comboed (purple grab) which is kinda sad.

I think it has a good mind game potential in a way cause it shuts up people's air game like Rachel's.

*EDIT: I am curious if they made 623B recovery faster now due to losing the corner bounce?*

new distortion is indeed a command grab, if they're on the ground when it goes off, they can hold up to avoid it since first frame of jumping animation is invincible to grabs. But if they're already in the air, they will need to use an air reversal to avoid it (which not many characters have). Example: Hotaru, air Infernal Divider, air Origins etc.

On the jpbbs they tested doing it on someone mid airdash and it still caught them.

New super catches airdashes? Man, Tager wishes he has our command grabs. But in all seriousness, CP Bang might as well be the best Bang I have ever seen.

His new CG sounds like a real game changer to be honest. Now let's find a way to combo into all 4 seals easy mode.

I'm glad he is actually good because the first info was :vbang: But I still haven't seen some good combos, I hope they will find something

Doesn't his new super seem kinda... dumb? How easy is it to avoid? I know you can just jump if you're on the ground and the startup looks too long to do it on reaction to someone jumping, but like... you're throw invul on the first jump frame, does that mean you have to time a jump to a 1 frame window to avoid it? Isn't that kinda difficult? (too early and you'll be airborne and get grabbed, too late and you're just standing and will get grabbed)

I obviously want Bang to be good, but I also don't want him to be ridiculous like in CS1. At the moment, that super looks like an unblockable Gravity Squeeze.