Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[P4A] Labrys - Introductory Combo Thread

Yo I've been trying this with the red axe but I can't get the full 236236C or D super to fully connect:

CHj.B>2B>2C>214AB>22C>5B>236A>6>A>2B>sj.C>214B>236236D

maybe instead of 2B>sj.C>214B>236236D just go right into the 236236D.

I'm at work doing everything but my job thinking about the game, could someone try this out?

Yo I've been trying this with the red axe but I can't get the full 236236C or D super to fully connect:

CHj.B>2B>2C>214AB>22C>5B>236A>6>A>2B>sj.C>214B>236236D

maybe instead of 2B>sj.C>214B>236236D just go right into the 236236D.

I'm at work doing everything but my job thinking about the game, could someone try this out?

The timing is godlike strict. You have to hit the 236236D right as your 3rd guillotine hit connects.

Edit: I'm retarded.

Uh... Your combo is probably too long. I'll try it to make sure. Be right back.

EDIT EDIT: Just tried it out and changed the moves a bit and it for sure landed.

CHj.B>2B>2C>214AB>22C>5B>236A>6>A>j.B >j.C >214B>236236D (6.6k)

You have to make sure you 236A fast enough so that the 2nd part of tsurugi doesnt hit, and then it all links together.

I'll make a video on Sunday or Monday to better explain some of the eccentricities of Guillotine combos. Where is that Tsurugi actually hitting in that combo, by the by? I can't really visualize it in my head at the moment.

I put G/Y/R just to be safe, but Leme test it real quick

EDIT: Nope. Just from green and leads to red. I'm guessing you need a Red Axe to get a fully charged FC [b+D] to link 5A > 2B, and if you do it from grey, your only at Green by the time you get to [b+D], and at Yellow if you start from Blue. Might be other ways using the same idea, though. Worth testing. Going from grey to red off a 5a poke is definitely worth 25 heat.

Hm. It gets to Green from Grey, huh? What if you change up the second half and do this one?

5AA > 214AB> 22A > 5A > 2B > (sword hit) > j.B > 5A > 5B > Sweep > 214A/B

Does that work and/or get it to yellow or red?

Not so sure if 5A > 2B will work at very low axe levels, though. Might have to think of an alternative there if it doesn't.

Rather wish we knew for sure how much axe gauge each move generated.

I'll make a video on Sunday or Monday to better explain some of the eccentricities of Guillotine combos. Where is that Tsurugi actually hitting in that combo, by the by? I can't really visualize it in my head at the moment.

Please do! I'm super confused on how normal guillotines are linking into tsurugi in your red axe combos ; ~;

The tsurugi hits when 5B knocks the opponent across the screen.

Hm. It gets to Green from Grey, huh? What if you change up the second half and do this one?

5AA > 214AB> 22A > 5A > 2B > (sword hit) > j.B > 5A > 5B > Sweep > 214A/B

Does that work and/or get it to yellow or red?

Not so sure if 5A > 2B will work at very low axe levels, though. Might have to think of an alternative there if it doesn't.

Rather wish we knew for sure how much axe gauge each move generated.

I'll try it and /edit in a minute.

I'm with you on wanting a Gauge along with a pictorial reference . It seems like tsurugi jumps your axe regen up or something, personally, I jump 2 levels while everythings going on between the first hit of tsurugi and the [b+D] in that earlier combo.

Please do! I'm super confused on how normal guillotines are linking into tsurugi in your red axe combos ; ~;

Which combos are those? Hahaha, it's probably a typo if there're any written that way. xD

The tsurugi hits when 5B knocks the opponent across the screen.

Ah, I see. Then 236A hits before the 2nd hit of Tsurugi, and the A-followup hits after the 2nd hit, I assume.

I'll try it and /edit in a minute.

I'm with you on wanting a Gauge along with a pictorial reference . It seems like tsurugi jumps your axe regen up or something, personally, I jump 2 levels while everythings going on between the first hit of tsurugi and the [b+D] in that earlier combo.

Hm. Well, Guillotine moves give you a lot of axe gauge, and then B moves give a pretty good amount, too. Not sure how much sweep gives. Wish I could test these out on my own, too, since I'm always wondering about other weird combo paths, haha.

Which combos are those? Hahaha, it's probably a typo if there're any written that way. xD

Ah, I see. Then 236A hits before the 2nd hit of Tsurugi, and the A-followup hits after the 2nd hit, I assume.

Hm. Well, Guillotine moves give you a lot of axe gauge, and then B moves give a pretty good amount, too. Not sure how much sweep gives. Wish I could test these out on my own, too, since I'm always wondering about other weird combo paths, haha.

Uh, its near the bottom of the Red Axe combos. Its the ones with impact special. Im not sure if you can actually link normal guillotines into a tsurugi.. ever.

No, You don't let the second hit of Tsurugi go off at all. Its Tsurugi (1) > 236A > 6+A follow up > Tsurugi(2)[whiff]>

Works in any G/Y/R iirc, not sure how optimal.

5aa > 214AB> 22A > 2A > 5B > Sweep > FC [b+D] > 5A > 2B > sjc > j.B > j.C > 214A (3k)

this combo definitely only does 1820. it's nice and easy which I like but the damage is pretty average. I'm guessing you supered at the end which wouldn't really be worth it

I do a very similar combo

5AAA > 236B > 6 A+B > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > 214B (DAMAGE: 2,581[5,341 with super)

um I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong... this combo did 1611 for me... (3336 with D super...)

edit: thanks for the tip, I don't even know all the nuances of this game like that yet. jeez

|

v

Uh, its near the bottom of the Red Axe combos. Its the ones with impact special. Im not sure if you can actually link normal guillotines into a tsurugi.. ever.

No, You don't let the second hit of Tsurugi go off at all. Its Tsurugi (1) > 236A > 6+A follow up > Tsurugi(2)[whiff]>

Ah, I see. Interesting combo. As for the BI combos, they all require SB Guillotine. I'll see if I can fix the notation later if Setsuna doesn't beat me to it.

Ah, I see. Interesting combo. As for the BI combos, they all require SB Guillotine. I'll see if I can fix the notation later if Setsuna doesn't beat me to it.

I fixed the notations in the actual combo thread, I dont think there were any errors in the wiki. I also fixed the layoutso Level 1/2/3 is just one section. If you guys wanna submit your combos for building axe meter go ahead and I'll see that they get added in (I'll put in the most viable ones).

5aa > 214AB> 22A > 2A > 5B > Sweep > FC [b+D] > 5A > 2B > sjc > j.B > j.C > 214A (3k)

To anyone trying to do this combo just make sure you're not practicing with fixed axed levels, I was trying to do this combo with fixed green for 5 minutes while raging at UEG Squall for not understanding that B+D doesn't fatal except at red before I realized it builds enough axe gauge during the combo :v:

I can't get this to work at default axe level (whatever you start with/revert to over time). Doesn't build enough gauge to get the Fatal Counter B+D, though after it hits it puts you in Red Axe. My problem is the opponent breaks out of the J.C after one hit, every time, tried it on Yu and Kanji. Am I doing something wrong, can someone confirm that this combo works from default axe? I can get it to work if I start in upper green level, then I get red for the fatal counter.

I can't get this to work at default axe level (whatever you start with/revert to over time). Doesn't build enough gauge to get the Fatal Counter B+D, though after it hits it puts you in Red Axe. My problem is the opponent breaks out of the J.C after one hit, every time, tried it on Yu and Kanji. Am I doing something wrong, can someone confirm that this combo works from default axe? I can get it to work if I start in upper green level, then I get red for the fatal counter.

Yeah this is really not a solid combo IMO. You basically need to be in Yellow to start with for it to work. And also the D.Moujuu can't connect after it ... so it's kind of worthless for my gameplan.

These are my target Green->Red->Moujuu combos right now:

5AA 214A+B x 22A, 2A 5B 2A+B, [2B] > sjc.C j.214B*

For guaranteed Red into D.Moujuu even at the lowest Green Axe values. Kinda hard.

5AA 214A+B x 22A, 5A 5B, 2B > sjc.B j.C j.214B*

Needs Low Green (just above Minimum Green), but does significantly more damage. And it's easy!

I'm not sure what problems you guys are having. I've been able to pull it off from flat Green, If i remember correctly. EDIT: Actually you guys are right. FML:sweatdrop: That kinda sucks. All the more reason there needs to be a damn GAUGE. ; ~;

I also want to point out what is the point of connecting Red moujuu off a combo starter meant to get you into red in the first place? Seems counter productive to use 25 sp to get to red and then sacrifice it for another 50 sp. I don't think your gameplan is very solid if you want to link everything into Red moujuu. You need red to do your most damaging combos. Wouldn't it be more optimal to go for oki afterward and do moujuu after a less prorated and more damaging combo? Or better yet, save your red axe for the following rounds if available?

I'm also able to pull it off from Green unless it means you can only do it from half way in Green or something, don't know what their problem is.

Also I disagree with using Moujuu to drain the axe gauge unless -

A) You're about to lose a round and need it to just get to the next one (Do or die)

B) You're using it to close the match

Otherwise the benefits and combos you get from being in red axe far outweigh just randomly using the super for damage.

I'm also able to pull it off from Green unless it means you can only do it from half way in Green or something, don't know what their problem is.

Also I disagree with using Moujuu to drain the axe gauge unless -

A) You're about to lose a round and need it to just get to the next one (Do or die)

B) You're using it to close the match

Otherwise the benefits and combos you get from being in red axe far outweigh just randomly using the super for damage.

It seems like it doesnt work if your at completely unfilled green. However, I don't see the point in worrying... Even whiffs raise your axe meter so unless your getting pummeled you should always have -some- green meter.

Has anyone been trying to find out unblockable setups for Brutal impact? So far I've done some which are pretty legitimate:

Red Axe Only:

FC j.B > 66 2B > 2C > 214AB > 22B > 2A(2052)/// 214214A(6000)

5AA > 66 > 5AA > 2C > Delayed 214AB > 22B > 66> 5A (2025)/// 214214A (6000)

Is the strafe completely invincible? I tried to humanly time it using recordings and it seemed like you had to time it FLAWLESSLY to strafe out of the Brutal Impact. I hate that feature ; ~; If there were no strafing, Labrys could be real strong. I'm not sure if Strafing works from frame 1 or not. If it isn't invincible on startup then these could work. If these work, I think we have incredible damage here.

It doesn't work from Mid-Green, you have to do it from High-Green because you have to reach Red before the R-Action, which is only like half way through the combo. The other combos I posted work from Min-Green or Low-Green respectively, which makes them much more reliable.

Moujuu still does a ton of damage even at the end of one of those combos. About 5k total for the stronger of the two I posted. That's ~50% or more of a character's life.

I agree it's not good to blow through Moujuu if it's not going to win you the ROUND, but I don't really feel like saving Red between rounds is really worth it. Gray->Green recharge is a total non-factor and it's really hard to maintain Red at the start of the round. Near impossible, on some characters.

Basically I base my strategy on the idea that I'm going to be in Green about 95% of the time, and not spend SP just to get to Red, unless I've got a big surplus and the other player has well more than 5k life.

Is the strafe completely invincible? I tried to humanly time it using recordings and it seemed like you had to time it FLAWLESSLY to strafe out of the Brutal Impact. I hate that feature ; ~; If there were no strafing, Labrys could be real strong. I'm not sure if Strafing works from frame 1 or not. If it isn't invincible on startup then these could work. If these work, I think we have incredible damage here.

Roll/Strafe/whatever, according to the wiki it has 2F of vulnerable startup. So depending on how tight your setup is... might be able to escape it with one? I wonder what other options there might be to escape from BI setups though, probably depends on how many active frames it has (and how good the other player's R-Action is).

list of combos I found/do for any starter I think is practical or happens. (A lot of it is the same with different starters)

Midscreen

Level 3 Axe Combo

5A Starter:

-5AAA > 236B > 6~A (Damage: 1,298)

2A Starter:

-2A > 5B > Sweep > 214A(Damage: 1,365)

-2A > 5B > Sweep > OMC > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,189) [50 SP]

-CH 2A > 2B > jc > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 1,657)

j.B Starter:

-j.BB > 236A (Damage: 1,607)

-CH j.B > land > 5B > sweep > OMC > 5A > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > (Damage: 2,944) (It's possible to combo this without CH but it depends on char. and how high you are) [50 SP]

5B Starter:

-5B > sweep > 214A (Damage: 1,978)

-5B > sweep > OMC > 2A > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,905) [50 SP]

-CH 5B > 236B > OMC > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,914) [50 SP] (totally worth that 9 damage)

2B Starter:

2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > 214B (Damage: 2,193)

CH 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > j.C > land > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,649)

Sweep Starter:

-Sweep > 214A (Damage: 1,492)

-Sweep > OMC > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,454)

5C Starter:

-5C > 214A+B > 22A > 2A > 5B > [22B hit~hit] > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2127) [25 SP]

-5C > 236A > 6~A > (Damage: 1,054)

-5C > Sweep (Damage: 930)

Throw:

-Throw > OMC > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,603)

AoA Starter:

-AoA[max]~C > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,645)

Level 4 Axe Combo

5A Starter:

-5A > 5B > 236A > 6~A > 66 > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,508) *Not entirely sure it will hit everybody[6~A > 66> 5A], will try later, but I know it will hit Akihiko).

-5A > 5B > 236A > 6~A+B > 5A > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B(Damage: 2,847) [25 SP]

-5AA > 236B > 6~A+B > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,405) [uses 25 SP]

-5AA > 5AA > 5AA > 5AA > 5AA > 5AA (Damage: 1,345) *must reach Red-Axe before the 4th loop. (Not really worth doing other then hilarity.)

-5AA > 5A > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,165)

j.B Starter:

- j.B > 5B > 236A > 6~A+B > 5A > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage 3,287) [25 SP]

- j.B > 5B > 236A > 6~A > 66 > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,948)

- j.B > 5B > sweep > 214A > OMC > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 3,175) [50 SP]

- j.BB > land > 66 > 5A > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage 2,545)

2B Starter:

-CH 2B > jc. > delayed j.B > j.C > land > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,854)

Red Axe

5A Starter:

-5A > 5B > 236B > 6~A > 66 > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,686)

-5AA > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > 214B (Damage: 2020)

-FC 5A > 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > j.C > land > 5AA > 2C > 66 > 5A > 2C > 66 > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,967)

-FC 5A > 2C > 66 > 5A > 2C > 66 > 5A > 2C > 66 > 5A > 2C > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,705)

-FC 5AA > 5AA > 2C > 66 > 5A > 2C > 66 > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,543)

2A Starter:

[Red Axe]-2A > 5B > Sweep > 214A > OMC > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,775) [50 SP]

5B Starter:

-FC 5B > 236B > 6~A > 66 > 5A > Delayed 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > j.C > land > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > 214B (Damage: 3,626)

-FC 5B > 236B > 6~A+B > 2B > j.BB > land > 66 > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 4,062) [25 SP]

-FC 5B > 5C > 2C > B+D > 5A > 2C > B+D > 5A > 2C > B+D > 2A >2B > sjc. > j.B > 214B (Damage: 5,024)

j.B Starter:

-j.B > land > 5B > 236B > 6~A > 66 >5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 3,166)

-j.B > land > 5B > 236B > 6~A+B > 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > j.C > land > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 3,984) [25 SP]

-j.BB > land > 66 > 2B > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.214[1 hit] > OMC > j.B > land > 5A > 2B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B(Damage: 3,233) [50 SP]

-FC j.BB > land > 66 > 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > j.C > land > 5A > 2B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 3,398)

-FC j.B > land > 2B > Delayed j.B > land > 66 > 5B > 236A > 6~A > 5A > 2B > 2C > jc. > j.B > jc. > j.BB > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 4,193)

2B Starter:

2B > jc. j.B . jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,543)

2B > jc. > j.BB > jc. > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 2,566)

2B > jc. j.B > jc. j.214B[1 hits] > OMC > j.B > land > 66 > 5B > 236A > 6~A > jump > j.BB > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 3,704) [50 SP]

2B > 214A+B > 22B > 5B > 66 > B+D > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 3,892) [25 SP]

-FC 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > land > 66 > 5B > 236A > 6~A > 2B > 2C > jc. > j.BB > jc. > j.BB > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 4,536)

-FC 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > land > 66 > 5B > 236A > 6~A > 2B > 2C > 214A+B > 22A[whiff] > j.5AAAA (Damage: 4.468) [25 SP]

-FC 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > land > 66 > 5B > 236A > 6~A+B > 2B > jc. > Delayed j.B > j.C > land > 5A > 2B > sjc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 4,418)[25 SP]*

*Use this instead of the above combo if you cannot reach the corner.

Throw Starter:

Throw > OMC > 5A > 2B jc. > j.B > jc. > j.B > j.C > j.214B (Damage: 3,227)

It seems like it doesnt work if your at completely unfilled green. However, I don't see the point in worrying... Even whiffs raise your axe meter so unless your getting pummeled you should always have -some- green meter.

Has anyone been trying to find out unblockable setups for Brutal impact? So far I've done some which are pretty legitimate:

Red Axe Only:

FC j.B > 66 2B > 2C > 214AB > 22B > 2A(2052)/// 214214A(6000)

5AA > 66 > 5AA > 2C > Delayed 214AB > 22B > 66> 5A (2025)/// 214214A (6000)

Had somebody try this one me using 5AA > 214A+B > 22A > 5A > 214214A.

You cannot jump out of it but you can strafe and use any attack with start-up invinc/guard point. Ergo I got out of it by B+D. Even if people can get out of it, it will catch some people off guard and it is pretty hilarious. However it's one of those set-ups people see coming so if they know how to deal with it they will(at worse people can even burst out of it).

I'm new here (new to Arcsys games in general), so apologies if I ask any stupid questions. That said, here goes:

Is there a reason for the 66 in 5AA > 66 > 5AA > 2C > etc.? I ask because I can't for the life of me figure out how you could time a 66 between the two 5AAs, and 5AA > 5AA combos fine. Also, I can't figure out how to time to 2C in 5AA > 5AA > 2C. Is that related to the dash?

Finally, how strict is the timing from 236B > 6~A+B > 2C? Having difficulty with that as well. I come from a background in SF4, so be gentle.

@BI setups:

If you are not being hit or in blockstun when the superflash happens, you can always react by hitting roll during the superflash. You'll escape and be able to punish BI.

I'm new here (new to Arcsys games in general), so apologies if I ask any stupid questions. That said, here goes:

Is there a reason for the 66 in 5AA > 66 > 5AA > 2C > etc.? I ask because I can't for the life of me figure out how you could time a 66 between the two 5AAs, and 5AA > 5AA combos fine. Also, I can't figure out how to time to 2C in 5AA > 5AA > 2C. Is that related to the dash?

66 makes those combos stable from all ranges, basically. It's unnecessary if you're at point blank, but it's useful to get in the habit of doing it, especially if you ever feel lazy and do the 5AA > 5AA > 5AA > 5AA > 5AAAA combos.

What causes multiple fatal counters/counters During a combo? I tried setting training dummy to counterhit by default and axe level 5 but only the 1st hit has counterhit properties... in one video I saw a throw xx omc xx 5a etc and even that combo started producing random counterhits that I can't recreate... what is this madness?

What causes multiple fatal counters/counters During a combo? I tried setting training dummy to counterhit by default and axe level 5 but only the 1st hit has counterhit properties... in one video I saw a throw xx omc xx 5a etc and even that combo started producing random counterhits that I can't recreate... what is this madness?

Certain moves have mid-combo fatal properties. In the case of Labrys, the move you're probably thinking of is her fully charged R-Action (B+D). At red axe, it fatals mid-combo.

Hello all. Im fairly new to this game and also new to these boards. I saw this thread about Labrys and wanted to ask a question about a combo I do for her. I do 5a> 2B > j. b > j. c > 214b > 236236 C or D. How come the weavers art: beast super never seems to connect with the guilllitine? Alot of times in training the cpu and wake up out of it, and I havent found out what im doing wrong. Do any of you have some insight on this?

Thanks in advance =D

Hello all. Im fairly new to this game and also new to these boards. I saw this thread about Labrys and wanted to ask a question about a combo I do for her. I do 5a> 2B > j. b > j. c > 214b > 236236 C or D. How come the weavers art: beast super never seems to connect with the guilllitine? Alot of times in training the cpu and wake up out of it, and I havent found out what im doing wrong. Do any of you have some insight on this?

Thanks in advance =D

Tari made a tutorial showing when you can connect C beast after j.214B, it's in the general thread somewhere.

The general rule of thumb is that if you are below your opponent when you hit j.C, 236236C will connect. Also, 236236D will always be stable.

Beyond that, j.214B into 236236C/D is just very weird timing. The cancel timing is literally the moment you strike the ground--a bit of practice and you should have it fine.

Thanks in advance =D

You have to super cancel as soon as Air Guillotine hits the ground for 236236D to connect. I am have trouble myself with 236236C connecting.

Looking at the two versions, (correct me if I am wrong here) 236236C actually seems to have more startup than 236236D , which actually seems to have a longer super flash and less startup. Might be the reasoning behind the problem, I am not entirely sure.

EDIT: Ninja'd :8/: