Jyosua

[P4A] Mitsuru Kirijo Beginner Q&A Thread

Hi, I would like to ask about the ice oki, more specifically after the ice hits.

From the combo videos I found online, these are the 2 more common mid-screen combos right?

low-2A, 6B, 2B, 2DD, AoA, D bufula

high-j.B, jDD, C bufula, 5B, 2AB, D bufula

but what about the corner variations?

1. gets hit by the ice all 3 times (counter hit)

2. gets hit by the ice all 3 times (no counter hit)

3. blocks high and gets hit low

4. blocks low and gets hit high

Would 3 and 4 be the same as the mid screen or is there another damaging variation since its the corner?

Thanks

what i do is for all three hit (everyone should learn these they are important)

Mid screen : (high or low) sweep ice oki

Corner : (high or low) 5b 2b 2dd backdash 5aa 5b sweep b droit bufudyne ice oki

on single or two hits

Mid screen : high: jB, jDD, C bufula, 5B, 2AB, D bufula

low: 2A, 6B, 2B, 2DD, AoA, D bufula

Corner : (high or low) sweep b droit 2a 2b c bufula 5b b droit  d bufula

sorry for the bad answer but ur question was kind of confusing to me somewhat? idk im not the smartest man i just play the game lol. good luck bro 

In the corner:

D bufu (3 hits) > 5AA > 5B > 2B > 2DD > [4B] > B coup > D bufula

J.B or 2A  > D bufu > sweep > B coup > 2A > 2B > C bufu > [5B] > sweep > B coup

that more or less answered my question.  I saw a video that shows many ways to setup the D bufula oki (midscreen and corner), but didn't actually show what is the follow up attack after the opponent gets hit by the ice.  there is a couple for midscreen, but none for the corner.

thanks guys

!! (x)combo, the x indicates the position. Read about positions bellow. !!

Damage versions: Damage/SP Gain

Midscreen:

[2]8D(3)> 5AA> 5B> 2> 2DD> 4> 2AB>[4]6B 3210/28 Note: If you attempted a j.B -> 3302/29

[2]8D(3)> 5> 2> 2DD> 4> 2AB>[4]6B 3335/27 Note: If you attempted a 2A -> 3382/28

(1) 2A> [2]8D(2)> 6> 2> 2DD> 4> 2AB> [2]8C> 2AB> [4]6B 2909/33

(1) 2A> [2]8D(2)> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 5DD> 4> 2AB> [4]6B 2725/30 Note: This is a mix-up variant. If the 2A is blocked you can feint sweep to go into either a hold or anything else you desire.

(2) 2A> [2]8D(1~)> 2AB> (~1)> j.> j.C> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [4]6B 2804/29

(2) 2A> [2]8D(1~)> 2AB> (~1)> 2[C]> 5AA> 6B> 5C(6)> [4]6A 2032/20 Note: A variant that inflicts Marin Karin. Marin Karin will connect during the end of the combo. Proration high, recommended to block after.

j.B> [2]8D(1)> j.DD> [2]8C> 5> 5DD> 4> 2AB> [4]6B 2537/29 Note: Juggle around with the j.C and/or 5 a bit to get the 5> 5DD to connect properly.

2A> [2]8D(1)> 2B> 2DD> 4> 2AB> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [4]6B 2650/32

Oki Versions: Damage/SP Gain

Midscreen:

2[8]D(3)> 5AA> 2> 2DD> 4> 2AB> 2[8]D 2548/20 Note: If you attempted a j.B -> 2680/21 You can add a 5B, But if the sweep connects when they are too high they will tech out.

2[8]D(3)> 5> 2> 2DD> 4> 2AB> 2[8]D 2831/21 Note: If you attempted a 2A -> 2899/22

(1) 2A> [2]8D(2)> 6> 2> 2DD> 4> 2AB> [2]8D 2128/21

(1) 2A> [2]8D(2)> 2AB> [2]8C> 6> 2AB> [2]8D 1955/19 Note: This is a mix-up variant. If the 2A is blocked you can feint sweep to go into either a hold or anything else you desire.

(2) 2A> [2]8D(1~)> 2AB> (~1)> j.> j.C> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [2]8D 2363/26

(2) 2A> [2]8D(1~)> 2AB> (~1)> 2[C]> 5AA> 5B> 2AB> [2]8D 2032/20 Note: A variant that inflicts Marin Karin. Marin Karin will connect during the bufula setup. Connect the 5AA while the opponent is aerial.

j.B> [2]8D(1)> j.DD> [2]8C> 5> 2AB> [2]8D 1767/19 Note: Juggle around with the j.C and/or 5 a bit to get the 5> 5DD to connect properly.

2A> [2]8D(1)> 2B> 2DD> 4> 2AB> [2]8C> 2AB> [2]8D 2082/24

(Position 1) A few things on the D Bufula midscreen oki. You can only get 2 consuctive hits after a 2A in these circumstances;
-Raw sweep.

-Sweep after 2D or C Bufula

-Sweeping a aerial opponent

(Position 2) You can get 2 D Bufula hits otherwise, but not consectively. You have to chain the second with another move in these circumstances:

-Anything other than C Bufula and 2D on a grounded opponent into sweep

Getting 2 D Bufula hits from a j.B guard break isn't possible, thus doing 2A before the second hit from D Bufula is guarded is unwise. It does allow for some amazing things, though.

I'll edit in corner and nice damaging variations with meter tomorrow.

I'm terribly frustrated. I'm not new to fighters, but I consider myself new to this game in the sense that I have no idea what every character does, so I get hit with random things in matches where I don't know the matchup that I probably shouldn't be getting hit by. I have no idea if I'm even playing the character correctly.

What should I be doing in general with Mitsuru at the very beginning of the match? Press 5A? A coup?

What should I do if they immediately IAD in? Can 5A anti air an IAD?

What blockstrings should I be using when I apply pressure? 5AAA 5B 2AB ACoup? Or something else?

What kind of Oki should I be doing with Mitsuru?

What kind of mixups does she have?

What should I be doing in the neutral game with her? I usually try to rushdown with her by closing the gap with A coup and applying pressure with 5A strings into sweep.

Any help, advice, or points in the right direction to find this info myself would be greatly appreciated. I really like this game, and I really want to get better at it, especially with ultimax right around the corner. I've been playing SF4 and all its iterations since 2009 and I haven't had nearly as much fun playing that game as I am with this one.

Hi, I could give you some things base on my own experience...

Start of a match- I think the safest way is the jump back, most people I've seen online do this.  you can also just couch block and see what happens.  I sometimes do 2D/5D if I think the opponent will back dash or jump in with a j.B. if I think the opponent will do a sweep.

IAD- 2B is the answer to most anti-air.   however, I have trouble landing it myself since people like to do fuzzy setups and such so its hard to catch them.  I guess you can DP if the opponent is jumping in with an attack.

Blockstrings- ya, most starts off with 5AA...

5AA>2B>4B>2C.

5AA>5B>2AB feint>throw.

5AA>5B>2AB feint>4B.

5AA>5B>2AB>[5B].

You could try 5AA>5B>AoA cuz sometimes people don't expect AoA although its risky and kinda slow.

Oki- I think someone can probably answer that.

Mixup- very limited.  most common would be the instant overhead.  5AA>6B>2B>j.B>omc>j.B.

you could also try doing a omc near the end of your blockstring if you think the opponent will try to counter and you'll catch them with an unexpected omc.

Neutral- air dashing with j.A or j.B or j.D.

A coup droit is use to close in. 

B coup is possible if the opponent don't have projectiles, but beware of low profiling.

using marin karin will occasionally help as a form of pressure

hope it helps

for blockstrings where u are doing the sweep mixup just do like 5aa into sweep forget the 5b. if the opponent sees the 5b and ur not in 2b range, chances are ur going into sweep or marin Karin. since ur opponent knows ur going into sweep they are now in your head while ur on offence, aka not good. also speaking of marin Karin, use it so u can get that meter for that jb OMC jb. then the 2b becomes a real 50/50 cause 2b into sweep is a thing. the opponent u must guess and then when they start blocking ur stuff just sweep faint throw or 2b again to catch os throw tech. also if u catch someone with sweep faint 5b fatal when they were trying to tech a throw that's bad on them cause the throw os's are just 2 strong and that should not work. good luck. MIT doesn't have really good mix ups beside 2b IMO. just don't drop combos till you get to the corner so you can bufu oki and then really give ur opponents a 50/50 with the oki. also incase u didn't know the os for blocking ice oki can be beat by delaying your 2a. I think that's every thing.

What should I be doing in general with Mitsuru at the very beginning of the match? Press 5A? A coup?

It honestly depends on the character you're facing. If the opponent has multiple answers to 5A and A coup, then don't do it, but either way I think it's okay to do 5A sometimes at the beginning of the round. I try not to be too predictable with my openers. Airdashing back is okay, just make sure you use j.A to cover, because characters like Yosuke can catch you sometimes. Just so you know, never use 5A or coup A at the start against Mitsuru mirrors, that just spells trouble. Anyone with a powerful sweep you shouldn't use 5A or coup A against often at the start of the round.

What should I do if they immediately IAD in? Can 5A anti air an IAD?

In general 5A is not a good anti-air. It's only good when the opponent tries to jump on wake-up, aside from that you'll usually lose because 5A only has 1 frame active and it has almost no vertical hitbox.

What blockstrings should I be using when I apply pressure? 5AAA 5B 2AB ACoup? Or something else?

5A

5AA

5AAA (yes you can do all of these without follow ups because Mitsuru is that good with her pressure)

5AAA > 2AB feint > throw

You can should consider tossing in a full charge 5B every now and then. It has a lot of blockstun. People usually don't get hit by it, but it continues your pressure. For instance 5AAA > 5/6 > 2B > 5C > 2C. 6B is mostly there so that 2B doesn't whiff. From 2B you can do j.B or sweep, which can hit more times than you'd think.

Use 5C in your blockstrings whenever you can, it often works well as a DP bait.

Here's a more advanced set-up. 5AAA > 6 > 2B > 2AB feint > 2B. A lot of things can happen after the 2nd 2B, specifically if they get counter hit you can do [CH] 2B > jump > j.A > land > 5AA > 5B > 2B > 2D > 5 > 2AB > bufula C > 2AB > droit B. At the start of that same combo, if you do 2B, you can feint the 2B counter into another 2AB feint and follow up with 5AA > combo stuff.

Another somewhat advanced blockstring Mitsuru's do is 5AAA > 6 > 2B > j.B > OMC > j. > combo. That will land a decent amount, though it can be predictable since that's the best route for her to do it, so you'll have to find better ways to break their defense.

Also you can end your blockstrings with coup A > OMC > continue pressure. This works well because most people think Mitsuru's finished after coup A but you can open them up with OMC shenanigans like that.

What kind of Oki should I be doing with Mitsuru?

Mitsuru's oki is pretty standard compared to Yu or Chie. Basically, whenever you get a knockdown, she can set bufula D mirror at any time. So sweep > bufula D works. Once it's set you can do either 2A or j.B to open up their defense. That's why you should practice Mitsuru's corner throw combo a lot. It's one of her most important combos. It does good damage and she can set them in bufula once it's over. Word of warning, you can't do bufula against certain characters. Such as Teddie's DP and also don't try to do it against Aigis if she's in awakening or Mitsuru if she has 50 meter. You can get away with it if your opponent doesn't know about it however.

What kind of mixups does she have?

Most of her mixups involve the aforementioned bufula set-ups. Aside from that there are throws. A common set-up I like to use in the corner is back dash 5A. It's a throw bait, so you'll get a counter hit 5A and can do a pretty good combo plus oki set-up. Another set-up that has mixed results is crossover j. > j.C > bufula C. It's easily beat out if the opponent does air throw. There's also the mix-up of 2B > j.B or 2AB. And of course sweep feints into throws. Never do AoA unless you're certain it's going to land. Mitsuru's AoA is horribly slow and she's in counter hit state for a long time.

What should I be doing in the neutral game with her? I usually try to rushdown with her by closing the gap with A coup and applying pressure with 5A strings into sweep.

Neutral game is more about knowing the game and what other characters can or can't do. So you'll have to play more to figure out which things you should be using. Just know Mitsuru relies a lot more on spacing/zoning than she does rushing and being aggressive.

Any help, advice, or points in the right direction to find this info myself would be greatly appreciated. I really like this game, and I really want to get better at it, especially with ultimax right around the corner. I've been playing SF4 and all its iterations since 2009 and I haven't had nearly as much fun playing that game as I am with this one.

Thanks a ton for all the help guys, I'm gonna copy all this stuff into the notes on my phone so I can practice all these things in the lab. You have no idea how much help this is. I <3 this community :)

Having faced your Mitsuru, illness690, I think you've already internalised all this. The Aigis-Mitsuru matchup is a tricky one for both sides, although I'm scrubby as hell, but I noticed your neutral game changing each round to get past my attempts to keep you out. You're the first good Mitsuru I've faced and you were fucking on point.

As noted, be careful about using Bufula for oki if Aigis is in the corner, since it can be punished by better Aigis players. Check the Yume-Lord Knight Evo Grand Finals, match two, round one, if you want to see it action -- if Aigis is in Awakening, Heavenly Spear crushes Bufula and gives the momentum back to Aigis.