Sign in to follow this  
Hideki

[GGAC] Baiken - short Q&A Thread (merged)

Posted Image

Welcome to the Q&A thread, i will be moving posts here from General or other places if they are clean cut questions with good answers worth keeping.
Feel free to post directly in this thread if you have a question, that makes things easier ! -kaeru

I'm having trouble to perform counters to single blocked hits.
When I played on pad, I just did it, no big deal.

But I swtiched to a Seimitsu arcade stick a month ago, and this is giving me a lot of trouble.
Specially when I have to go from crouched block position to a counter motion (412+X).
Any suggestions? Edited by kaeru

I'm having trouble to perform counters to single blocked hits.

When I played on pad, I just did it, no big deal.

But I swtiched to a Seimitsu arcade stick a month ago, and this is giving me a lot of trouble.

Specially when I have to go from crouched block position to a counter motion (412+X).

Any suggestions?

you might not be going all the way back down? like, perhaps you're just doing 1 -> block -> 41+X.

yeah, just keep trying it. maybe go into training mode and take a look using the input bar.

Spamming iad back tatami as fast as possible keeps her very safe, although there are still methods of getting in on Baiken as she does this (people can go over or under) and Baiken will get negative penalty fairly quickly by doing it. Fastfall dust is exactly what it sounds like. When you do a j.D while air dashing, you fall to the ground faster. This lets baiken get extra hits in combos by doing a fastfall dust close to the ground in the corner, and then follow up with a 5S, 2D, 6H, etc without using tension, catching them before they hit the ground and continuing the combo. In previous versions, the only way to fastfall dust was to air dash and immediately j.D, but in Accent Core due to them speeding up j.D, Baiken can also get a fastfall dust by doing an immediate j.P j.D after air dashing. just do the 236 as quick as possible after the iad back ;) You will probably never be getting it too early. Turn on your input and see how you mess it up if it's not obvious.

Edited by kaeru
merged answers

when you iad back (744), make sure you don't skip the 2 input and go straight for the 36 input; i.e. 744-36K. you might do that if you're trying to move the stick from back (4) to a hadouken motion too quickly. that's the only problem i ever had with trying to do it on stick. sorry if that doesn't help.

i think 5p and 6hs are good since more xped players will anticipate a low after these two (although i always miss the yz)

Any good TK yokusanzen setups (in the corner) besides 6+P / 2+K, c.S?

"empty" / "dry" TK YZS works; also, if you drop an air tatami on them, then dash in a bit and do a TK YZS.

i don't find myself landing 6H too often (or close enough that i could do TK YZS afterwards), but whatever works for you.

Early jump-in, land, yzn works great against better opponents. However, against most non-jp you should just 2k or ad j.P in that situation because they can't or don't bother trying to react most of the time.

[...]

[how useful is]

TK YZS FRC -> air dash

in case i was misunderstood. anyway, in general i was just thinking how useful this would be. like after a j.D knockdown, to use this to bridge the gap between you and the enemy or is it just something really flashy. it was a long time ago but i remember one japanese player that did this.

oh and can a tatami even come out when you do this?

Edited by kaeru
parts in bold are edited for clarification

It's not practical at all imo. To make up space after a j.D, run as soon as possible and do your fastest iad tatami or whatever you choose for okizeme. I remember using and seeing double iad used earlier in the game but I think run iad is faster? Don't forget you keep your added landing recovery from youzansen even if you FRC unless you double jump again before landing, making it even worse.

Edited by kaeru
merged posts that answer the same question

Ok, first off. As you can tell I am new here, so if this thread is in the wrong place by all means please move it ^^;;

I am new the GGXX:AC( Yes, I guess i've been living under a rock.) after taking a break from Soul Calibur 4. There are a few things about the game, as well as baiken I dont quite get.

1st things first. Her moves, for example: 412P or any move of the sort. I can't do. I don't understand it as the book says "During Guard" so does it mean while holding back or do i literally have to be GUARDING an attack at the time to use it? Every time i try to do one of her 412 moves instead of doing 412D for example, I just end up doing 2D. Am I misunderstanding the attack itself or am I just fail?

Next,

In the combo vid here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM-EJaLj0yg

After doing her Tatami attack there are two flashing blue rings and she is instantly able to jump and dash towards the enemy to continue her combo. What is this? (I don't have the basic booklet that was supposed to come with he game so don't be too harsh please?)

It doesn't seem o be a regular j.c to me. I am quite confused :\

If there are any players here who wouldn't mind helping a newbie out a bit, It would uber appreciated.

Please and Thank you in advance.

To use her 412 moves, you must be blocking, or block an attack. Blocking a string of attacks is easier IMO. 412D is also on guard. The blue ring is known as FRC. It takes away some of your tension gauge (the glowing bar on the bottom) but it allows an extension in combos. Be best if you read the basic guide and checked out the basic guide for Bacon that's in this forum as well. Also, her 412 moves have different properties. As you will learn. P is anti-air (some ground moves on CH can launch into the air as well). S is Sakura, a stab. Not very good by itself, but FRC'ed can allow nifty stuff. H is an overhead swipe. Useful for escaping but don't spam it. Launches enemies into the air CH. K is a run around. Useful if you don't use it often ---escapes and you can throw if your close enough.

How do you airdash after a J.D? According to the guide, you can do it without spending tension, but, after much trying, I can't seem to do anything after a J.D without RC/FRCing it. If this is a stupid question, I apologize.

You can go to you tube and look up baiken matches or combo videos. The combo's may or may not be entirely applicable to real matches, but you will see the dashes after j.d in pretty much any video that's up. You need to be at about a full normal jump height when you fire off the j.d. The easiest way to be sure is just do one of the bread and butter combos, or really even just part of one. Stand close to like axl or someone(not baiken/may/dizzy/bridget they are slightly harder than everyone else) and just do tatami->jump->j.p->j.d->fall a little bit->air dash.

Yeah don't mash 666 right away. Wait until the animation of j.D to finish and the recoil to finish, then you can input a normal air dash. Basically do what tolore says, the j.p->j.d->(wait for the animation to finish and the recoil to finish)->air dash Just make sure you have height when doing so. Once you get the hang of it, you can literally feel when the timing is right and when you can dash.

I've made this thread to merge some of the useful but scattered questions and their answers that were posted throughout the Baiken forum. Feel free to ask new questions here if they won't need their own thread.

Edited by kaeru

When I first started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqt41IH52EI

It wasn't until I learned the physical touch of the 956 that it tightened up.. Took me a while.

Once you learn this, though, you can easily transfer the feeling over to other characters and it works.

I'll keep practicing with 236956K or 23676K. I should look for ways to hold the joystick since my methods aren't working lol

That is the Kire tatami, take a look here

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14017-GGAC-R-GGAC-Baiken-General-Discussion&p=1335670&viewfull=1#post1335670

and also start reading from here onward, there was some good advice from a few different perspectives on the things giving you trouble ! Hopefully it is useful:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14017-GGAC-R-GGAC-Baiken-General-Discussion&p=1417604&viewfull=1#post1417604

This is also a pretty nice post to read

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14017-GGAC-R-GGAC-Baiken-General-Discussion&p=1429537&viewfull=1#post1429537

Edited by kaeru

Sign in to follow this