Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zakuta Asura

[^C] Baiken [COMBO]

so i was watching some of Rikugou's matches from MAGICAL ALPSu (see the recent AC Video Posting update for the link), and he did this combo against May, into the corner:

throw -> d.2K-5Sc -> j.D

... so unless i missed the memo or something, this is news to me. looks like a pretty handy link, i'd imagine it'll have uses for other combos.

so i was watching some of Rikugou's matches from MAGICAL ALPSu (see the recent AC Video Posting update for the link), and he did this combo against May, into the corner:

throw -> d.2K-5Sc -> j.D

... so unless i missed the memo or something, this is news to me. looks like a pretty handy link, i'd imagine it'll have uses for other combos.

Very cool. That's the first time I've seen that.

6H -> j.D combos on a handful of tall characters, but i would wager that 5Sc -> j.D combos on no one. (However, I'll wait till Friday before I check that myself.)

6HS > J.D works on all except the lights (we are talking about the corner combo for that right and not midscreen?). That 5.S > J.D shit was pretty cool though and I know that wasn't possible before.

hey hey, new combo~ on aerial counter hit: FB Baku -> (dash) relaunch into something ending in j.D damage doesn't look huge or anything, but FB Baku is the fastest guard cancel in the world and could be very applicable!

hey hey, new combo~

on aerial counter hit: FB Baku -> (dash) relaunch into something ending in j.D

damage doesn't look huge or anything, but FB Baku is the fastest guard cancel in the world and could be very applicable!

D counter (Baku) is better - there's no scaling on it either.

oh that's right, i forgot Sakura scales damage now :( btw, could someone refresh me on how FB Baku works? 214+D is for the initial hit/curse, and takes 25%, but then what -- P/K/S for free, then another P/K/S/HS/D for another 25%?

well yes of course, but i meant for tension expenditure: 25% for the full sequence of three inputs, or 25% for the first two then another 25% for the third input?

well yes of course, but i meant for tension expenditure: 25% for the full sequence of three inputs, or 25% for the first two then another 25% for the third input?

25% for the first, another 25% for the second :/

I got to spend some time with ^C at TGA this Sat. It was awesome, first of all. I played against my friends Faust most of the night and won 80% of my matches using only Baiken. I love the way she plays now. It's more fun for me. Anyways:I was thinking of a combo that might be possible. I didn't get to try it out there. Launch->j.D FRC, AD tatami. Now from here, I was trying to finish it the old way. Jump and do another j.D FRC and another AD mat. But the different properties of tatami mat didn't really let me because they'd bounce off the wall. I figured you could do something like this. Launch->j.D FRC, AD tatami*wall bounce*, 6HS into loop. I'm not really sure if this would work or not. I was just thinking about it from memory of playing the other night.

I don't think the wall bounce from the tatami is long enough for you to do a 6HS unless maybe they are very low in the air when they got hit by the tatami. Of course I wouldn't know, since I haven't play AC yet.

It's impossible to 6HS off a wallbounce unless it's a counter-hit, and then only if they're heavy/low

Ah, ok. It sounded like a cool combo when I was thinking about it, too bad it won't work.Well, it will, just under the right circumstances.

in nabaiken's video i saw him air tatami midscreen iad j.S j.D for a knockdown vs slayer. I don't know if you can do that for everyone. BTW you need watch the nabaiken videos from the filebank batch if you haven't! I'd say he is just as good as the other top Baiken players now.

hey Hellmonkey and IllogicalDreamer, i am asking some questions on behalf of rtl whos internet is kinda lolllled atm He was wondering if u can test some of these things on AC the next time u get a chance: 1) does 6P xx j.D combo? 2) with a high enough launch in the corner (say, off of a tatami), can you do j.D FRC dj.D ad.j.D -> re-launch -> loop? like a ghetoo frced #r sol dloop...

They fall too fast to do 3 dusts before they hit the ground, it would be more beneficial to relaunch with a FRC tatami. I THINK that 6P -> j.D will combo on the ground (i they're tall enough), if they're in the air you might as well j.P j.D as it knocks down anyways. I will test it next time i can though.