Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-SinfuL-

Slayer vs. Millia

So this "new" Millia player showed up from nowhere and is repeatedly kicking my ass. As far as I know, I know what not to do:

1) Do not jump in with j.HS. Millia's 6P is fast and meaty and invul.

2) Do not wind up in the corner. Avoid this situations as all costs.

Aside from that, I'm at a total loss. Any tips?

learn to block, sometimes if need to Dead Angle, FD block is always good.. learn to throw her before she throws you! plus jHS has 3 out comes against millia 6P 1) if timed wrong by Millia she gets CH hit 2) it Clashes and millias i seen use 2H right after, and possibilities is you can land and block i believe or maybe you can land Dandy avoid 2H and hit her.. but that is only cause milia i play use 2H rigth after 6P clash :V... 3) You timed ur jH bad and lose straight out. unless Millia runs behind you and do 6P or soemthing then you just straight out lose..

So this "new" Millia player showed up from nowhere and is repeatedly kicking my ass. As far as I know, I know what not to do:

1) Do not jump in with j.HS. Millia's 6P is fast and meaty and invul.

2) Do not wind up in the corner. Avoid this situations as all costs.

Aside from that, I'm at a total loss. Any tips?

learn your combos, kill her in two or three hits :)

Erm...Do we have any more tips? I get trounced by Millia fairly consistently, and I have only learned that meeting her air-to-air is a terrible idea. She's also very difficult to anti-air since she is extremely mobile and just likes to jump around and net a safe approach via a blocked pin. Knockdowns are a terrible ordeal, since reversals and reversal-backdashing seem to be easily countered, and she thrives when I start to block (or try to block). I also like to get air-thrown and counter-hit by 6P when I use j.HS. It's basically me trying to catch her the entire round, and I feel like there's better things I could be using.

Millia is one of those characters that has us beat in movement pretty flat out. Good D is the best thing against her. Intelligently BD her mixup and try to punish into a knockdown. Baiting her roll with 5H is good, also BDC j.King her through her pin is very good and leads to knockdown.

Once Millia uses her pin and you effectively punished her for it, sit on the damn pin and don't move. Pin is her "Look at the safe way to start my mixup" approach and if she doesn't have that, she's just another bitch looking to get hurt by your awesome normals.

This is a match where you need to use Guilty Gears tools (FD, SB, IB, Smart play) more than Slayers retarded tools to win. Whiff punishing off FDing her out, SB punish (SB 2P, 5K, DOT is important) before a disc, pre-emptively getting her out of the air when she is trying to get out of your pressure, IBing her j.H and j.D for airthrow.

That's all I got..

Okay, allow me to throw in some opinions. :kitty:

Theoretically, there are two kinds of gameplay that should work for Slayer in this matchup:

1. Minimal movement,

2. Maximum movement.

With minimal movement, you basically try to play Yomi games all the time. This could work, because Millia's movement is too godly for Slayer BUT her attacks aren't. Beat her attacks, land your big combos. Just remember that if you wanna beat her attacks, you gotta understand the hitboxes of the attacks, because Millia is one of those who has many deceptive-looking attacks (look "big" but actually beatable, you know what I mean?).

With maximum movement, you will have to maximize your skill on dashing, especially ground dashing. Dandy Step FRC's are useful too. 90% of the time you will move around, and you will always try to move NO MATTER WHAT. You will only rarely try to beat her attacks (not to worry, since Slayer doesn't need to attack a lot to hurt her, obviously). Slayer who fights like this is hard for Millia to apply guessing games on. And since guessing games are her biggest assets....

I think there is practically no useful gameplay for Slayer between those two. If you move around a lot but also try to play Yomi to beat her attacks, you're dead. If you Yomi to beat her attacks but you don't focus on it because you like to move around too, you're dead.

fd

da

bdc j.p or forward dash through pin

sprinkle in k dandy frc

i try to move around as much as possible (bd, bdc whatever, jumping straight up) and force her to fuck up because you only need to touch her once.

I like to save my tension for da. be loose with your meter you only need 25% to win

@notsogos:

Sounds true. :thumbu:

Yeah, Slayer just needs to fight loosely in this matchup. This is the kind of matchup which tests your coolness. You're cool, you win. You not cool and think/worry too much, you lose. This is a fight between two "extreme forces". Raw power vs deception. Whoever hits the weak spot of his/her opponent, wins. To hit a weak spot, being cool is really fundamental. So, just be cool and play loosely.