Digital Watches

{AC+R} Video Thread

Darago: Sorry, been a bit preoccupied. I'm referring specifically to four main things: 3P being two hits, Rensen cranking guardbar again, 2H going into 2D, and the new FB.

Basically, all of them make Axl more threatening on the offensive. 3P has always been a good poke, but now it's more dangerous for longer, can go into rensen more realistically (Since there's now enough hitstop to get the charge) and overall just seems stronger (Pulling them in certainly helps with that). And now 2H is a legit part of Axl's pressure rather than a good poke with no mixup behind it (With the option to continue into a rensen, you keep pressure up, and previously there was nothing low you could cancel it into, meaning the overhead was always predictable, or there was a wide gap after it in your pressure). The FB means not only that there are more spacings where there's a combo threat, but also that blocking something in Axl's midrange approach isn't as advantageous.

Horokei: Fuck. Yes. Everyone in this forum take note: If you are having trouble with defense, watch a ton of Syuuto. Those matches show him setting up trades like a boss, timing DAAs and backdashes perfectly, baiting out bursts and techs all over the damn place, and just generally keeping his head on straight when stuck in the shitty situation of being pressured as Axl.

Edited by Digital Watches

At some point, I'm going to have to go through and delete a bunch of videos. RIP Jourdal. ;_;

A-cho 260th Ranking Battle

Kakyuu (AX) vs. Kabegiwa no DC (JO)

After-tourney casuals

BA vs. AX

EDIT: Oh, I guess Jourdal doesn't really upload GG videos? All of the old links work. :toot:

Edited by Silmerion

Only if you don't like powerleveling. If you play someone that good for a set or so and refuse to be frustrated or give up, your game is immediately step'd the fuck up.
No kidding. Playing against one of the top 10 GG players of all time will do that to you.

---

Takarin (AX) vs. Yasu (SL)

Daikiba (RO) vs. Takarin (AX)

Boushi (IN) vs. Takarin (AX)

1/29/13 Mikado Random 2v2 Tourney

Yaxl (AX) vs. Toteko Hamtaro (JU) - This match-up still looks really rough for Justice, IMO. Yaxl is totally content to poke from outside Justice's range and bait bursts off of every random hit, while Justice has to work very hard to start her N.B. game.

Nage (FA) vs. Yaxl (AX) - "LIKE I GIVE A FUCK"

Kishimoto (DI) vs. Yaxl (AX)

Tanabata (SL) vs. Yaxl (AX) - "LIKE I GIVE A FUCK"

GAKU (RO) vs. Yaxl (AX) :psyduck:

Yaxl (AX) vs. Hiro (AN)

1/31/13 Mikado Singles

Yaxl (AX) vs. Arisuma (VE)

2/1/13 a-cho tournament...

Milky (OR) vs. BLUE (AX)

Kabegiwa no DC (JO) vs. BLUE (AX)

...and freeplay

BLUE (AX) vs. Milky (OR) - Whoa, 6H can jump FB Fafnir?

BLUE (AX) vs. Yakujin (TE)

MA vs. BLUE (AX)

This BLUE person loves going for random resets and tech traps (check out his liberal application of 5H!). Can't blame him, but he does it more often than any other Axl I've seen.

EDIT: According to doragonkoroshi over in the videos thread, the Testament player BLUE fights is none other than Shounen!

EDIT 2: Actually, it's Yakujin. :(

Edited by Silmerion