Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CP] Amane Nishiki Gameplay Discussion

His fabhop is really awesome. Like I said this character has so much potential to do so many things I'm excited. He's got a good chance for unblockables, strong oki, good corner lockdown if fist works the way I hope it does, and good keep away.

You read my mind to a T.

I'm almost tempted to make him my main and bathed in his wonderful Fabness! :D

I'm actually not surprised how quick this thread grew lol.

One might say that it... spiraled out of control.

emot-downsrim.gif

I'm hoping to see a good player pop up not too long after the release. I wanna see Amane wrecking face. Hoping to see some fancy setups. Would like to see how well he fares up close too. Hoping he's got something to get out of tight situations.

One might say that it... spiraled out of control.

emot-downsrim.gif

I will admit...I lol'd.

Well if you ask me, that banner just made this thread...

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Fabulous!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I HAD to do this...

Dead Spike knows whats coming.

Hopefully drill unblockables. :3

Speaking of which, I'm really hoping lvl 3 drill is like Eddie's EX drill in that every hit counts as a low. I know a few multi-hit low moves in this game only have the first hit that connects to the opponent count as an actual low to prevent easy unblockables, though since this takes a meter to get to I bet our chances are good.

And even if not, a low with that kind of reach on a zoning character is always going to be a tricky tool to have at our disposal.

If getting right at level 3 without overheating proves to be a challenge I sure hope every hit counts as a low, or at least the first few. I'm hoping for combos that hit level 3 just perfectly so we can do a setup at the end into moar damaaage.

Managing his meter is gonna be a bit of a challenge, but it probably won't be as bad as Relius. (Meter recovery slows because my opponent teched a grab? What?)

I came into this thread, seeing so many posts so quickly and thought 'I bet half of them are just people saying lol fabulous xD', but I was pleasantly surprised.

With the amount of ways he has to get an overhead, I can't really imagine the entirety of level 3 drill being a low, just seems like it'd be too good, even if you can't guarantee an unblockable thanks to rolls. And even if its not actually too good in practice, it seems like something they'd want to avoid in a new character, just in case.

I'd rather have someone check my translations first, to be honest.

Done~

A few detail additions to the first section.

Overdrive:

Causes the spiral gauge to auto-fill quickly, stopping each time it reaches level 3.

Normals:

C moves: Only the knot on the end has a hitbox.

D moves: You can stop holding the moves at any time.

j2C and j4C hit mid

Specials:

Zettou: Can do air actions after command jump

As for the loctest differences, there were a things different between what you wrote and what the text said, unless there's additional source material that I don't know about (seems likely, since you mention some stuff not said here). The main discrepencies are:

Overheat: When you overheat and can no longer use drill moves, you used to enter a danger state that would make you take double damage in versions prior to TGS. This has since been removed.

Spiral Gauge: Fill speed was greatly increased in the TGS version, but now it's back down to slightly faster than initial speeds.

5D: Slower than it was at TGS. Initially, holding the move on hit would cause the opponent to recover instantly, but you could cancel it into Raibu instead if you didn't. After TGS, it is now the other way around (Assuming this means canceling into Raibu is techable, but holding isn't).

2D: Correct, just a little extra. The launch used to occur regardless of holding the move or not.

j4C: Since TGS, you can now do the move with a j2C input as well.

j2B: Mostly correct, just a little extra.

- Original build: Drops Amane to ground on hit and block. Emergency techable on hit and guaranteed punish on block.

- Current build: Floats Amane on hit and block. Does a very weak launch on hit, and is uncomboable afterwards.

jD:

- Original build: No affect to jump trajectory.

- TGS build: Cancels momentum and causes Amane to slightly float diagonally backwards.

- Current build: Keeps momentum and causes Amane to float a miniscule amount.

There's also a strategy/discussion section further on down, which I'll get to once I have the time, if you or someone else doesn't do it first. *nudge nudge wink wink*

Great, thanks. It always pains me when people quote me and accept my translations as universal truth, even if I'm not really the person one should trust so easily.

And that's one great OP banner you guys got there.

Great, thanks. It always pains me when people quote me and accept my translations as universal truth, even if I'm not really the person one should trust so easily.

Whoops, sorry about that. :sweatdrop:

I'm so glad the banner I tossed together is being so well recieved~ Chibi was too cute not to do something with.

And yeah, to whomever ends up doing it, a translated version of that strategy and discussion section would be very much appreciated!

Whoops, sorry about that. :sweatdrop:

You got nothing to apologize for, it's just that I'm extremely paranoid about possible confusions caused by my translation and people blaming me for that, even though I tend to put disclaimers with my translations. Basically, there's no harm in reposting them, just take them with a grain of salt.

Dat banner is adorable.

I know, Amane is just the cutest thing ever.

I'm so hype to see more gameplay.

Only problem with the banner is that its so cute, I have to rethink making a chibi Amane for my blog's banner because it won't be nearly as good :P

I like Toasty's userpic... I think, maybe it is he who is first Amane around, and not the likes of Solar?

Haha thanks, but as for your question I'd definitely say the answer is both of us. :3

And before this gets off-topic, I'd like to thank SoWL and hakimiru for all the translation work. I will update the OP later today as soon as I get the chance.

Toasty is my twin. We're cool like that.

So only a few more days till we'll likely have actual footage, I'm so pumped for it. I hope there are some players who show off his potential quickly. I'm not expecting anything amazing day 1, but I'm excited to see some creativity. I really wanna see the fist in action, that seems like it could be a really great tool for keeping people from jumping at you if you space right.