Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Gameplay Discussion

Okay, now I wonder how we're supposed to get knockdowns at all. Probably with some of the command throws, though it doesn't feel like any one of them can do it without Heat Up.

Okay, now I wonder how we're supposed to get knockdowns at all. Probably with some of the command throws, though it doesn't feel like any one of them can do it without Heat Up.

Finish your combo with Cutting Shear :P You still have time for a oki game. 

unless they nerfed the knockdown time or increased recovery on cutting sheer then it should work for a hand knockdown. Are they close enough to land it after 5D?

I hope there will be solid options for knockdown even in 0->2 combos. Her KD game was really important IMO. If they're taking it away they're just creating a new issue for a solid gameplan.

unless they nerfed the knockdown time or increased recovery on cutting sheer then it should work for a hand knockdown. Are they close enough to land it after 5D?

Well no word on Cutting Sheer being touched at all so as of now it should be the same. In one of those 2 videos you see it being used after 5D I believe. 

Depending on the bounce after 5D, couldn't we do 6A for hard knock down? 

It looked like in the video that they can Air Oki faster than your 6A will land. I have to review the videos.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B63typRM_B96LWc1OEhzVklSRkE&usp=sharing

At 1:20 in the 1st video you can close out 5D with Cutting Shear, so there is a hard knock down right there.

No 6A follow-ups seen though. Cutting Shear is 15f on start-up compared to 6A 24f.  

I like that we do not have to use Rapid Heat as often to gain Heat levels anymore. Gives us more Heat resource for Distortion Drives, Counter Assault and mix-up.

The issue there is that ending with cutting shear just doesn't give the same amount of set-up time as ending with D/j.D does now, meaning RIP safe jumps to initiate true pressure. What we have so far is more combo options at the cost of oki and neutral pressure (D nerf on block without red lock-on). That's the opposite of what Bullet needs.

The issue there is that ending with cutting shear just doesn't give the same amount of set-up time as ending with D/j.D does now, meaning RIP safe jumps to initiate true pressure. What we have so far is more combo options at the cost of oki and neutral pressure (D nerf on block without red lock-on). That's the opposite of what Bullet needs.

We do not know yet how much more frames of recovery they added on block, could be just something like -1. Also since 5D now bounces you up and away, probably means you are either safer vs certain retaliations and open to others. You are right though, bouncing away with no Drive Red Lock can also lower your rush down pressure.

That's what I was considering, but iirc in one of the videos (I think the Tager one), the Bullet player doesn't follow up a j.D and the forward tech puts them really high up, likely out of range. It's something I've considered too, but it might only catch neutral/back techs, or potentially nothing at all if they're too high in the air.

Cutting shear > j.C is a safejump right now, though. Unless they change the launch/untech time or something about cutting shear, the knockdown will remain largely the same.

Cutting shear > j.C is a safejump right now, though. Unless they change the launch/untech time or something about cutting shear, the knockdown will remain largely the same.

Only against slower reversals though. If I recall correctly, it doesn't set up a safejump against say Hazama's Houtenjin.

I do know 2C (vs standing/crouching opponent) and 3C (vs max height airborne opponent) set up safejumps in 1.1, so we might have to rely on those.

Only against slower reversals though. If I recall correctly, it doesn't set up a safejump against say Hazama's Houtenjin.

I must be doing something wrong somehow? Houtenjin is beating 5D / j.D and Cutting Shear safejump setups in training, but not 2C safejumps.

Am i performing my safejumps poorly or something? If not, i see no difference between drive safejumps and Cutting Shear safejumps.

They both seem to beat pretty much everything but fast reversals like Houtenjin or F-Inverse. If drive safejumps are functionally the same as Cutting Shear safejumps, then it really doesnt make a difference to me which we use as long as we still get our safejump oki.

I must be doing something wrong somehow? Houtenjin is beating 5D / j.D and Cutting Shear safejump setups in training, but not 2C safejumps.

Am i performing my safejumps poorly or something? If not, i see no difference between drive safejumps and Cutting Shear safejumps.

They both seem to beat pretty much everything but fast reversals like Houtenjin or F-Inverse. If drive safejumps are functionally the same as Cutting Shear safejumps, then it really doesnt make a difference to me which we use as long as we still get our safejump oki.

yeah i'm pretty sure sheer is the same knockdown as drive.

Huh, must have remembered that wrong then.

6A(overhead) can only be done from 5A, 2A, and 5B.

drive is usually done after 5C. Sometimes 2C though 2C itself is incredibly unsafe, it's usually a gamble of doing unsafe 2C then canceling to drive to catch a punish.

after any D drive or Cutting sheer IAD J.C or J.B instead for a saferjump. it'll beat hotenjin or whatever else that beats the regular safe jump besides invul grabs of course

So if I'm understanding the changes so far, Bullet will get weaker pressure, weaker neutral, and will be even weaker versus barrier block in exchange for meterless 2 heat up combos. Shame heat up won't be as threatening though.