Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Combo Thread

Lets call spark NSpark (Neutral) or DSpark (Diagonal) to shorten the notation. Those combos are awesome btw. I am tying to optimize j.B combos since it hits the most often with our 50/50 mixups. We Tagers should honestly work on optimizing our midscreen combos mostly and pickup combos off random hits.
At that point 41236D and 623D average fewer characters and it is no longer short hand.

New 5C meterless corner route:

DM: 5128

5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5C > 6B > j2C > 5B > jC > delay jD > 6B > sjC > jB > jC > GP

5C corner to MTW (magnetized)

DM: 5857

5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5C > 6B > delay j2C > 3C > AC Whiff > 6B > 6C > jC > jD > 2C > AC > SB > MTW > GF

That first combo you listed I already listed it about a week ago but I don't think anyone noticed it lol.

I have been using it since you posted it. Its pretty good.

Is there any combo where Tager can gain 50% heat like he used to in CSE? The most i been able to build is 38 heat... :(

edit:

Also i like just Spark or SB for normal and DSpark or DSB for diagonal. If both then AllSpark..........(only because of Transformers lol)

LOL AllSpark. That seriously made me laugh. I honestly didn't think anyone paid attention to any of those posts lol. Tager actually having combo paths in variation really blows my mind every time. I mean we can now, like everyone else, get creative with our combos instead of getting creative with gimmicks.

Edit: Don't take this one serious lol but I was thinking about USB (Upwards Spark Bolt). Seeing as Tager is a cyborg...I would imagine he has a motherboard built in somewhere lol. Computer Science FTW!!!

How are the midscreen combos going?

I haven't found any real cause to change them up much yet. I still go for the optimal of stuff > 2C > Asledge > 3C > AC whiff > air enders

---

Corner to Terra-break

DM: 5629 (!)

5A > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5B > jA > jC > jD > 2C > AC > D-SB > OD > MTW > TB > GF

DM: 6121

5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5C > 6B > jC > delay jD > 6C > j2C > 5B > 5C > AC > D-SB > OD > MTW > TB > GF

DM: 7251

5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5C > 6B > jC > delay jD > 6C > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > D-SB > OD > MTW > TB > GF

Can people make an effort to use commas to represent links? Otherwise > is pretty meaningless. Also it is just correct notation. I mean I know enough about Tager to understand the posts, but there really should be a push for something a little more like proper notation.

We should also start compiling notes on what characters combos don't work on.

Can people make an effort to use commas to represent links? Otherwise > is pretty meaningless. Also it is just correct notation. I mean I know enough about Tager to understand the posts, but there really should be a push for something a little more like proper notation.

We should also start compiling notes on what characters combos don't work on.

This to the utmost

I haven't found any real cause to change them up much yet. I still go for the optimal of stuff > 2C > Asledge > 3C > AC whiff > air enders

---

Corner to Terra-break

DM: 5629 (!)

5A > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5B > jA > jC > jD > 2C > AC > D-SB > OD > MTW > TB > GF

DM: 6121

5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5C > 6B > jC > delay jD > 6C > j2C > 5B > 5C > AC > D-SB > OD > MTW > TB > GF

DM: 7251

5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5C > 6B > jC > delay jD > 6C > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > D-SB > OD > MTW > TB > GF

Who are you doing that first combo on? I'm having trouble hitting hakumen with the j.D. I suspect the timing is just weird and I don't know it.

On Hakumen I was able to do 5A > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > 236A->236A , j.C > j.D , 5C > 623C , 623D , OD , MTW > TB , GF for 5812. Slightly increases the distance from the corner you can be too. I don't really like this combo path at all though. It requires you to be right on top of them pretty much. Kinda fun to mess with and it gives me some ideas, but I'd like people to show more interest in something that isn't point blank in the corner.

What is everyone doing after a CH sledge? I never watched any videos so I'm playing catch up with a lot of combos.

Right now I got

Meterless no mag

236B(CH) , j.C , 5C > 6A > 3C > 236A , 5A > j.A > j.B > j.C , sj.A > j.C > j.D > GP 3733

Pretty often you can get j.D to wall bounce, but you only get an extra sj.C for like 70 damage.

Mag

236B(CH) , j.C , 5C > 6A > 3C > AC(whiff) , 6B > 6C > sj.C > j.B > j.C > GP for 3900

Tested on litchi, nu, noel, and mu.

And neither of these really work on kokonoe. Also I hate the new pushback on 5C. It makes so many things at so many range just barely not work. It drives me crazy when I land a CH 5C and there is literally no way to follow it up because I don't have spark.

The only thing you can remotely follow up with CH 5C from that pushback maybe a 6C but idk I never tried. Also I have been working on some 6C FC combos. That reminds me....we need setups or traps for it of some sort because it is near useless to get a FC with it because you pretty much won't get it to hit unless the opponent did super unsafe dps or other stuff. Anyway I got:

(corner) FC 6C>j.2C>5B>6A>6B>j.2C>5B>5C>asledge>5C>6B>j.C>j.D>stuff.

I have not optimized it yet. But I know after the first 6B you can OD then do a j.2C and continue the combo path. One path I went OD and I got 7136 or something like that. I can't remember what it was. I just want to try to optimize damage with combos that work on all the characters and of course the rare moves we hit with.

[hakumen jD not working]

For Hakumen, use Asledge as quickly as possible as a gatling. and the actual combo I do now is this:

DM: 5698 (obviously, the combo you posted is better)

5A>5B>5C>6A>2C>Asledge xx jA > jC > jD > 6C > AC > D-SB > OD > MTW > TB > GF

For midscreen I do:

Close - 5544

5A > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > D-SB > 6C > ODC > MTW > TB > GF

Magnetized + Far Away - 5405

5A > 3C > AC Whiff > 5C > 6B > jA > jB > jC > 5C > AC > D-SB > OD > MTW > TB > GF

No Magnetism + Far Away - 5361

5A > SB > 5C > 6B > ODC > MTW > TB > GF

5A > 5B > 5C > SB > 5C > 6B > ODC > MTW > TB > GF - 5420 damage way easier to confirm. Doesn't work at super-long range confirms though.

No Mag + Far Away + No Spark Bolt - 5155

5A > 3C > ODC > 5C > 6A > MTW > TB >GF

OD MTW>TB really does a massive amount of damage all by itself. It's pretty impressive.

It really seems like OD Drives do absolutely nothing useful. It's kind of annoying.

----

It's really really frustrating, but you can just barely get away with CH Bsledge > jump > landing j2C and it works, but then you can't follow it up...

FYI if the Combo doesn't work well on Hakumen don't expect much success at Hazama and Terumi either.

They have weird hitboxes afterall.

Also about compiling the combos in the first post.

I will do something about it.

I've just been out of it.

Have no fear if I don't get to it immediately I will make sure Brice get to it.

PS: OD Drives are good for mid combo magnetism and stalling out for spark.

Sadly meter prorates bad by the time you wanna use MTW spark.

I'll work the science out later.

Fatal Counter J2C>5C>6C>B sledge>5C>6B>J2C>5C>6B>J2C>5C>6B>A sledge>Hammer>2C>Atomic Collider>Spark>OD>Wheel>Terra Break>Gadget 7900 damage

There has to be missing notation.

Yeah now that you mention it...it most likely is for rachel. Also 2C no longer works on grounded Bang. Is that new to CP because I thought for sure it worked in CS2.

Edit: I have been trying to break that 8k just because. That character specific combo is on Rachel and the normal notation is:

Fatal Counter J2C>5C>6C>B sledge>5C>6B>J2C>5C>6B>J2C>5C>6B>A sledge>Hammer>2C>Atomic Collider>Spark>OD>Wheel>Terra Break>Gadget 7900 damage

Of course this is the one that was listed

This is mine (bold shows my changes). I also will be updating again with another small change as I make my way to 8K and the 8k version I will record:

Fatal Counter J2C>5C>6C>j.2C>5C>6B>J2C>5C>6B>A sledge>Hammer>2C>Atomic Collider>Spark>OD>Wheel>Terra Break>Gadget 7967 damage

Another is:

Fatal Counter J2C>5C>6C>j.2C>5C>6B>J2C>5C>6B>A sledge>Hammer>5B>2C>Atomic Collider>Spark>OD>Wheel>Terra Break>Gadget 7996 damage

Edit 2: Yay 8K

Fatal Counter J2C>5C>6C>j.2C>5C>6B>J2C>5C>6B>j.C>j.D>6B>2C>Atomic Collider>Spark>OD>Wheel>Terra Break>Gadget 8013 damage

Here it is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHZ4orzkNo

Last Edit: I found out some more on Rachel......that do more than 8013....so far I am at 8064 but now I am almost certain I can get 8.1k so I won't update this post anymore until its optimized completely to my knowledge. Ok It is optimized. The notation is :

Fatal Counter J2C>5C>6C>j.2C>5C>6B>J2C>5C>6B>asledge>5C>6A>2C>Atomic Collider>Spark>OD>Wheel>Terra Break>Gadget 8064 damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li8CGOvav8k

(Corner) Forward or Back Throw>5C>asledge>5C>6B>j.C>j.D>6B>2C>AC>SB>OD>MTW>TB>GF 6155

(opponent in corner) Forward Throw>5C>asledge>5C>6B>j.C>j.D>land>j.B>j.C>GP 4004

That's who I have been practicing on. That grab combo I posted above works on Kokonoe I think. Most of the combos work on her but they need to be shortened because she pops out. After we do a wallbounce with j.D, that's where that shortening needs to happen. I am with you on this Osuna.

Edit: Wow guys. After 360B we can actually 5B>5C>AC>SB>OD>MTW>TB>GF her lol. If she in the corner and we 360B her we can do 5B>2C>AC>OD>MTW>TB>GF. I will update with damage values in a second.

Edit 2: I'll just do a video because I found more stuff that is fun including a few gimmicks with the combo.

I'd like to challenge everyone to spend some time figuring out some hopefully optimal combos against Kokonoe.

Really the only difference I'm finding is non-mag combos. For those we can't do our 5A jA link. Instead we just do GF after ASledge. Do as many hits as permissable by distance beforehand.

i.e.

5A > 3C > Asledge > GF

As you get closer progress to: 5A > 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > Asledge > GF

Apart from that, she requires a delay on 6C links. i.e. in the corner AC > 6C > jC you need to delay the jC a bit here. She's not the only character that needs this though so I'd recommend just doing it all the time anyway.

If you land a non-mag AC...just use oki-time to gain distance or spark meter. Really nothing you can do on it without SB.

So what is optimal AC rc combo? Without mag or spark of course because if I had that I'd save the meter.

Best I've got right now is:

AC > RC > sjf jC whiff > jB > 5A > jA > jB > jC > sjA > jC > jD > GP

AC > RC sjf jC whiff > jB > 5B > jA > jB > jC > jA > jB > jC > sjA > jC > jD > GP

Midscreen: 3820

AC > RC sjf jC whiff > jB > 5B > jA > jB > jC > jA > jB > jC > sjA > jC > jD wallbounce > sjA > jB > jC > GP

Worth considering (triple magnetism + GF oki): 3429

AC > RC sjf jC whiff > jB > 5B > jA > jB > jC > sjA > jC > jD wallbounce > sj2C > 5B > 5C > 4D > GF

I'm sure it can be better. It's the only way I can find to follow-up though.

It is -key- to delay that first jB as much as possible.