Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CP] Amane Nishiki Combo Thread

Slightly more optimized AA damage combo:

6a CH, 5b3, 5c2, 6c2, 214a, falling j.b3, 5b3, 5c2, 6c2, 6a, j.b3, dj.b3, 236c. Does like 30-50 more than the 6c2>236a>j.c2 path and gains same heat. I also find it easier.

Also, does anyone have any tips on landing j.236c>RC>6d? I think it'll likely be his best use of meter next to CA, but after trying it myself it seems pretty unstable.

Also, does anyone have any tips on landing j.236c>RC>6d? I think it'll likely be his best use of meter next to CA, but after trying it myself it seems pretty unstable.

Havent tried it out myself but from the vids I've seen people are cancelling the Gosei hella early.. like first 2-3 hits early then 6D when you land. Looks like it'll be useful to get down as most combos end with Gosei.

I'll try it out later when I get some time.

You have to rapid the Gosei pretty early, if anything as early as possible. I haven't been able to do it consistently though..don't know if that's cause of me not having good enough execution or it just being difficult to connect.

A very stable Gosei > rapid > 6D combo -

cross-up j2B > 214A > jB > jC [1] > j6C [2] > j2C [2] > Gosei > rapid > 6D

Cancel from the first hit of jC immediately into j6C. Delay the j2C a bit, then immediately cancel into Gosei on the second hit. I've never miss this combo since I learned the timing. It works on everyone and it's VERY easy to set up.

A very stable Gosei > rapid > 6D combo -

cross-up j2B > 214A > jB > jD [1] > j6D [2] > j2D [2] > Gosei > rapid > 6D

Cancel from the first hit of jD immediately into j6D. Delay the j2D a bit, then immediately cancel into Gosei on the second hit. I've never miss this combo since I learned the timing. It works on everyone and it's VERY easy to set up.

I assume those are jc/j6c/j2c?

It has to be C instead of D for that to even make sense

I assume those are jc/j6c/j2c?
fixed, was up late last night

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm having trouble with the fullscreen Dash/Zettou after 632146D (Goukai). Any tips to help ?

Zettou picks up dash momentum. Are you dashing and then using Zettou? Also depending on the distance you are from the corner, the followup might vary. I can't get it to be stable as well, too finicky :/

Zettou picks up dash momentum. Are you dashing and then using Zettou? Also depending on the distance you are from the corner, the followup might vary. I can't get it to be stable as well, too finicky :/

Nope I wasn't, but I figured something out anyway.

632146D (Goukai) > Rapid (1st hit for best results) > IAD > dash for like 1 second or 2 > IAD > dash into 6D range

I got it two work like four times just now and it seems pretty reliable. I'm on the Altar stage and after your first IAD you should start dashing immediately and then right before the middle of the altar, do the next IAD, and then as said above dash into 6D range.

So in that very long Rachel vs. Amane set, the Amane player used a combo that only works with Rachel's fat hitbox very often. It's definitely crucial to know how and when to do it in this match-up.

(air hit) 5B > 5C > 6C [2] > 6A > jc > jB > jc > jB > j2C [2] > 214B > jB > jC [1] > j6C [2] > j2C [1] > j236C

off of CH 6A anti-air, the damage is almost 4k. It's fantastic.

That's not just against rachel (but worth testing), I've been using that against mostly everyone I've played and I feel it's pretty consistent across the board, just more recently showcased in videos by Tomi and Arukemi. Are you talking about Arukemi against Zero set?

Best part of that combo is the corner carry flexibility, 6C[2] > 6A can connect with the opponent behind Amane. If you neutral jump cancel into j.B after a delayed 6A, Amane will turn around. React to that on your second jump which should be backwards to make the rest of the combo easier. Life is good from there, but getting the turnaround is pretty finicky at first.

So in that very long Rachel vs. Amane set, the Amane player used a combo that only works with Rachel's fat hitbox very often. It's definitely crucial to know how and when to do it in this match-up.

(air hit) 5B > 5C > 6C [2] > 6A > jc > jB > jc > jB > j2C [2] > 214B > jB > jC [1] > j6C [2] > j2C [1] > j236C

off of CH 6A anti-air, the damage is almost 4k. It's fantastic.

In addition to what DerQ said you can also make this combo easier by omitting the last j2C if you think the spacing isn't correct and go into j236C after j6C [2].

That's not just against rachel (but worth testing), I've been using that against mostly everyone I've played and I feel it's pretty consistent across the board, just more recently showcased in videos by Tomi and Arukemi. Are you talking about Arukemi against Zero set?
Yes. That's extremely surprising to me and I'm gonna test the shit out of that when I get home tonight!

Got a link to that Rachel set? Have an easier time practicing stuff if I can see ti done first

That combo looks soo awesome... Ok just got the game, I'm maining Amane for sure... I used to play Ragna before but Amane is wayyy cooler...

Was wondering the above combo, does it work on everyone?

Also for his lvl3 throw combo mid-screen, I can't seem to get 5K... I was doing B+C, 236+B, j.C, j.6C, 6D, qcf+B, j.C, j.6C, 6D and it does 4.6K... What am I missing?

Also what is his best/reliable lvl1 throw combo in mid-screen and corner?

My go to midscreen throw combo is - 6BC > 236B > pause > jC [1] > j6C [2] > j2C [2] > 236B > jB > back jump cancel > jB > j236C

The timing on jC is a bit weird but other than that it's stable and does good damage. Also, I've been testing the swag combo for a bit and it definitely works on a lot of characters. Very nice.

That combo looks soo awesome... Ok just got the game, I'm maining Amane for sure... I used to play Ragna before but Amane is wayyy cooler...

Was wondering the above combo, does it work on everyone?

Also for his lvl3 throw combo mid-screen, I can't seem to get 5K... I was doing B+C, 236+B, j.C, j.6C, 6D, qcf+B, j.C, j.6C, 6D and it does 4.6K... What am I missing?

Also what is his best/reliable lvl1 throw combo in mid-screen and corner?

For corner I usually go; B+C > 623C > 2B > 6A > 623C for damage(from combo thread)

or B+C > 623C > 2B > 5B > 5D > 236D~A/B for drill oki attempt

This goes a bit outside of just corner throw combos, but doing one 623C and then 2B > 6A > JC > j.B > JC > j.B > (if possible) j.2C > j.B > j.236C is more damaging and meter rewarding. Not sure if somehow the different ending affects the wakeup game, but numbers wise this is better even without j.2C IIRC

My go to midscreen throw combo is - 6BC > 236B > pause > jC [1] > j6C [2] > j2C [2] > 236B > jB > back jump cancel > jB > j236C

The timing on jC is a bit weird but other than that it's stable and does good damage. Also, I've been testing the swag combo for a bit and it definitely works on a lot of characters. Very nice.

Thanks... Looking at your combo and the one from the video, I made up an awesome looking one last night... It does 3400 dmg...

BC, 236B, delay j.C [1], j.6C [2], (little delay) j.2C [2], 214B, j.B [1], j.C [1], j6C [2], (little delay) j.2C [1] j.236C

@DerQ - Ya for corner I get about 300 more damage and more meter gain with the following...

BC, 623C, 2B, 6A, JC, j.B, JC, j.B, j.2C, 236B, j.B, j.236C for about 3600 dmg

So, I guess I will try and contribute =] picked up the game 2days ago and have been trying stuff out. Found these.

(CH)3C>2B>5B>5C(1)>6C(2)>6A>8j.b(3)>7j.b(3)>j.c(2)>j.6C(2)>j.2C(2)>236B>b>236C 3.6K

(CH)6A>5B>5C(1)>6C(2)>6A>8j.b(3)>7j.b(3)>j.c(2)>j.6C(2)>j.2C(2)>236B>b>236C 3.5K

note: obviously can omit 2nd hit of j.6C for same damage and easier comboability if too high.

worked on: relius, noel, carl, rachel

I pretty much try to add standing 6C>6A> into the jumping combo above into all of my combos. Finally found jumping directly up, and then to the left works on most characters. Haven't found one it doesn't work on.

btw I guess I'll post videos. webcam quality but at least you'll get the idea =]