Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CP] Amane Nishiki Combo Thread

To note, some these combos are really cool and the damage is nuts, but they run untech time giving the opponent air tech on Gosei. Depending on the starter, you can find a slightly less damaging version that'll grant knockdown. Though in some cases, the damage is just so high I'd argue it could be worth it. 4.3k off 5C anti-air? Any day

Against opponents who have 50 Meter answers to any kind of meaty set up against Amane (Ragna, Jin, Hakumen) after Gosei, having them tech in the air might not be a bad thing. If anything, a possible 5C reset if they don't immediately barrier block after teching could be possible, maybe even a risky Gekiren.

Against opponents who have 50 Meter answers to any kind of meaty set up against Amane (Ragna, Jin, Hakumen) after Gosei, having them tech in the air might not be a bad thing. If anything, a possible 5C reset if they don't immediately barrier block after teching could be possible, maybe even a risky Gekiren.

Considering 5C is reliably 4k material. I'm not uncomfortable with the idea of throwing 5C over Gekiren. Gekiren RC for slightly lower than 5K at the cost of 50 meter, bigger commitment on startup and recovery as well.

Just an observation, I was having difficulty recreating some of the longer combos in the video, but with altering the first few hits of the combo I was able to get it much more consistently. IE:

(Video 1:18 ish, combo on Relius) 6b(fc), ad, j.b, land, 5b, 5c(2), 6c(2), 214a, j.b,land, 5b, 5c(2),6c(2), 236a, j.c(1), j.6c(2), j.2c(2), 236b, j.b, 236c.

Method i've been using: 6b(fc), ad, j.b, land, 5b, 2c(1), 6c(2), 214a, j.b, land, 5b, 5c(2), 6c(2), 236a, j.c(1), j.6c(2), j.2c(2), 236b, j.b 236c.

Not sure as to why exactly, but it was just much easier to keep them as far away from amane as possible using the 2c(1), 6c(2) in the beginning. As long as you try to keep them low throughout, with very minor delays between the 5b into 5c(2) in the middle of the combo it was pretty consistent for me. The same route can be used following ch 6a, instant j.2b, as well as raw aa 6c.

It's pretty simple actually, 5B > 2C will more reliably have the opponent at the same horizontal and vertical spacing making it easier to convert afterwards. Less chance of having to adjust failing to do 5B > 5C > 6C in the desired manner. It's also faster meaning you're less likely to be bothered by untech/hitstun decay by the end of the combo.

Only negative trade here is that you're losing damage. If you don't use all hits on your early attacks in a combo, that's where you'll be losing the most damage. These attacks are far less scaled in damage this early in the combo. If you don't use 5C(2), you'd lose the current damage scaled % on 300 damage according to the frame data. That's gotta be close to 250. If you also do the same with 5B's hits, you're losing a bit less than 200 per missing hit.

So if your combo goes 5B(2) > 2C > 6C instead of 5B(3) > 5C(2) > 6C, the damage difference is easily close to 400 damage. If the end damage is 4k, that's 10% potential damage loss. But still, take what works in the end.

Apparently 6D can be followed up in the corner if it counter hits. Example of a setup into corner 6D and hitconfirming with 3C > 236C:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCtsYMoaBEM&t=5m01s

I've done some experimenting on this and found a few key things. Firstly, the proration on 6D is HORRIBLE. 3C > 236C is all that can really be done to follow up and the most damage it will get is ~3k. The absolutely maximum number of 6D hits is 23 for 2.5k total and the whole hit confirm deals 3128 damage. If your timing is GODLIKE, then you can release 6D just before it gets disabled and still get the max number of hits. I highly recommend not trying this, especially since it increases the combo timer and makes 5A impossible to link after 236C. Just release once you have level 3.

With 50 meter, one can do CH 6D > 3C > 236C > 5A > 632146C level 3 (~3.6k). Raw super can not be done, the opponent drops too fast. Literally nothing other than super can connect after the 5A because 6D's proration is terrible - note how Jiro goes for 5A > 2D in the video and the opponent techs early. I've found two other options that sacrifice damage for a decent setup though:

1) the 3C can be canceled into Hariken and characters without a DP/super answer can't escape. level 3 hariken deals ~15% chip damage without barrier block, if they neutral tech. Use A or B version depending on distance.

2) 6D > 3C > 236C > 5A > Gekiren. If they're holding air tech then Gekiren resets them no matter which direction they are holding. Unlike other gekiren reset setups, this leaves you with level 3 drill for a huge combo. The best, most consistent one I can find so far is Gekiren > 5B > 6B > j236A > jB [2] > j6D > 5A > 2D > Gekiren > 632146C (5845)

amane is pretty weird, but i like the playstyle.

i can't seem to land Air hit > 5B(3) > 5C(2) > 6C(1) > 236D~D > 2B > 5B(3) > 5C(2) > 6C(1) > 236D~D > 5B(1) > 236D~B or 6D [DM:2839/HG:20] Most stable route, goes into a drill reset.

by air hit you mean amane in the air right? or the opponent in the air?

i try to anti air (6a) and only get 1 hit out of 5B.

i then assumed you meant on the ground and did j b, 5b, 5c, but it doesn't seem like the 5c combos?

Indeed, air-hit = hitting an opponent while he's airborne, at least if you're referring to first post I intended that.

And if you do 6A Anti-air > 5B, 5B has to be one hit unless you got 6A Counter-hit > Delayed 5B (3)

He is one tough character to use, and I lose a lot , but i find him fun. My main problem is I still don't know the range to do his C attacks, hit confirming random hits and I suck at 236D~D after connecting a 6C =(.

Thanks about that though. When i played earlier I didn't know why my combos never worked properly after 6A

A midscreen 6C Fatal Counter combo that uses 75 meter and Overdrive for 6.5k.

6C (2 hit) CH > OD > 236D~D > 2C > 6C (2 hit) > CT > 5D > 632146C > 6C (1 hit) > 6A > j.5B > j.236C [DM:6588/HG:6]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iwUnAeWd4

None Fatal Counter version for 6.3k

6C (2 hit) > OD > 5B > 5C (2 hit) > 6C (1 hit) > CT > 5D > 632146C > 6C (1 hit) > 236C [DM:6323/HG:5]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3KLrZg7nw8

Nice.

Only concern I'm having is whether it would be more resource efficient to go for a level 3 air combo after ct, like dash 2d... (Dunno if this works after ct though) or 5b(1) 5c(1) 6c(1) 2d... And then end with 236b j6d 236a j6c j6d. I have not tested that for this combo, it should do around 5.5k so its a significant deal less than this combo, perhaps an alternative if you don't always have the heat.

Really like the non OD version and on the rare times it does hit it could lead into some big damage starting with overdrive

hey wait a minute you have overdrive on unlimited :arg:

does this even work at 100% life now.

To get drill level 3 off Overdrive cancel, it's safe to say you'd need 60% life. Instead of 236b j6d 236a j6c j6d, why not go with 236b j6d 236a j6C j236C? Even though you lose damage, you keep the drill instead of spending it on the super. Should give knockdown too as well instead of air tech because of combo timer/hitstun decay. Gekiren after super would too if you want the knockdown.

A little note to add. On FC, you should be able to hariken cancel and overdrive instead of using overdrive cancel. Would lose to burst, but it's a possible route if you want to do this combo above the correct life threshold.

Only concern I'm having is whether it would be more resource efficient to go for a level 3 air combo after ct, like dash 2d...

You are right, those are not resource efficient at all. I've been experimenting around since I posted those and dash 2d does work and leads to more damage, only 25 Heat, and you keep the Level 3 Drill.

hey wait a minute you have overdrive on unlimited :arg:

does this even work at 100% life now.

:(

They work to some extent at 100% life, but you can't combo after the distortion and it only does about 4.5k. You need to be at around 80% health to get level 3 drill and most likely around 60% to combo the distortion.

Here are the two new combos using 2D and only 25 heat, both work around 80% health when using OD.

6C (2 hit) CH > OD > 236D~D > 2C > 6C (2 hit) > CT > 66 > 2D > 236B > j.6D > j.214B > j.6C > j.5C > 236C [DM:6606/HG:7]

6C (2 hit) > OD > 5B > 5C (2 hit) > 6C (1 hit) > CT > 66 > 2D > 236B > j.6D > j.214B > j.6C > j.5C > 236C [DM:6775/HG:7] (I messed up the ending to this in the video, I'm getting too tired to get clean cut for the combo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUwBplbDg7E

Ok that's better.

Like derq said it's basically just j6c j236c to pull them close. Though I have the problem of j5c coming out instead too sometimes, probably just execution and should be ok

after a 6C Fatal you can do 236D~D>OD to gain full OD timer. You can still do 2C>6C>CT or whatever after.

Here is a corner combo im working on with lv 3 drill.

6CFC(1)>CT>662D>236B~j.6D>5B>5C(2)>6C(2)>236D~D>2B>6A>623C>2B>5B>5D>632146C>3C>236A>Airgrab Reset

7.7K plus airgrab combo

Corner:

6BFC>Falling j.B>6B>66j.B>5B>6B>66j.B>j.A>5B>6A>623C>2B>5B>5D>236D~A

6BFC>Falling j.B>6B>5C(2)>6C(2)>j.2B~236A>j.B>5B>5C>6C(1)>CT>Ender.

hey guys I looked through the thread and the combo list on the front page but couldnt find this so I figured I'll leave it here and let you guys do what you will with it.

CH5c(2)-236a-'falling' j2b-j236a-jb(3)-6a-jb(3)-jb(3)-j236c DMG:3148/HG:22

sorry for shitty notation formatting im using my phone and its not letting me use the correct symbols -.-

also if you are close to your opponent you can wait until your first 236a crosses up the opponent and then get the low j2b just have to switch up your input for the j236a.

You're never getting ground hit 5Cs imo, but if you are at the right distance to hit confirm grounded 5C > 2C(1) (tsubaki/makoto are inmune to this smh)

Almost universal Doesn't work on : Jin, Amane, Tsubaki, Makoto, Tao

5C(2) > 2C(1) > 236A > j.2C (2) > j.2B > 214A or 236A > j.2C (2) > j.2B > j.236C(3206 DMG, 22HG)

this one works on: Izayoi, Azrael, Kokonoe, Tao, Kagura

5C(2) > 2C(1) > 236A > j.2C (2) > j.2B > 214A > j.B > j.C(2) > j.6C(2) > j.236C (3585 DMG, 25HG)

if you want to make sure j.236C doesn't whiff just do j.C(1) > j.6C(2). or if you just know it'll whiff use j.6D

idk it's nice to know and it's swaggy?

Just curious but did anyone ever find a stable way for Gosei > RC > 6D to connect ?

Just curious but did anyone ever find a stable way for Gosei > RC > 6D to connect ?

I have a certain set up that I use that makes it more consistent. If done low to the ground, it makes Gosei > RC > 6D easier to connect and is very easy to set up once you have the opponent respecting/blocking Amane.

j.2B > fabhop > j.B > j.C(1) > j.6C > j.2C > Gosei > RC > 6D

Hey do we have a combo for CH j.C midscreen? I find myself hitting people with it occasionally and I never know how to follow it up lol.

Hey do we have a combo for CH j.C midscreen? I find myself hitting people with it occasionally and I never know how to follow it up lol.

CH j.C > j.6C > j.2C > j.214B > j.B > j.C > j.6C > Gosei